Why is Ragnarok OP AF yo(PvE)

dodomaster420

This map is free and too OP! the only thing holding it back is the amount of people that flock there because it is OP! You got Griffins! you got ice wyverns! you got same spoil timers as the island! you got sand! you got those boxes that have loot! you got easy an obelisk location! you got mantis’s! you got beaver dams that are giant! You got better overall wild spawns and loot!etc! And it’s freee!! Just curious why the heck it’s over powered!?

well for me i feel that everymap have their pros

say ragnarok is resources map

se is high end bp drops

center with high level dino spawn

island for easy boss? 

not sure for island info but i feel island is good for new player to start out

well ofcause ragnarok made new player happier since is a map full of resources

just how i feel

Ragnarok is poor for metal,  crystal and obsidian though,  coming off the centre it just seems so barren for these resources,  but I suppose they do have mantis for poly and a crystal cave if you are close enough to it,  but the metals very spred out and not ideal to anky/quetz farm as it's all stuck in the rocks 

Love Ragnarok being 'OP'. Its great not having to jump between Arks to access 'all the content', the games grindy enough as it is. Saying that you still need to fight the bosses on the Island to get all the tek engrams, so it hasnt all the content so theres room for improvement there, not that, that is going to happen because the devs have intenstionally done it that way. I just wish the devs would up the chances of higher level spawn on the island just like it is on the centre or ragnarok.

To answer the question I think its OP because its technically end game content as shown by in single player you need to asend before accessing Ragnarok and also the fact that Ragnarok is not listed as a 'Story Ark', therefore its supposed to be 'OP'. 

Brings up a question I have been wondering about for a long time. 

Deep sea loot crates vs deep desert loot crates.

On the Center, I have collected thousands of deep sea loot crates. Well, maybe two thousand.

I visit SE from time to time, but the longest period of uninterrupted time on SE was only a week. 

I hit the deep desert loot crates, several times, and got really good gear.

Really good. Like, it was gear on average that I would get once every two weeks on the Center quality.

The Island was kind of mixed, but I distinctly remember getting better gear on average than the Center.

Rag, no idea. I have not spent enough time on.

I dont even want to try to number the times on the Center I open a deepsea crate and find apprentice ghillie boots, or a JM fur hat BP.

The highest level saddle or bp I have ever found on Center was a 104 megaloceros saddle. 

On SE, I found a 122 mosa platform saddle.

Anyone know if lootcrate modifier values are different based on the map?

Because I could swear lootcrate modifiers were scaled off of the difficulty. 1-5, 5 being the 150 max wild level.

Does this mean the caves with lootcrates with up to level 300 dinos scale to the 300 difficulty level?

1 hour ago, SmokeyB said:

Ragnarok is poor for metal,  crystal and obsidian though,  coming off the centre it just seems so barren for these resources,  but I suppose they do have mantis for poly and a crystal cave if you are close enough to it,  but the metals very spred out and not ideal to anky/quetz farm as it's all stuck in the rocks 

Obsidian island has tons of metal as well as obsidian. If anything with little metal nodes everywhere metal is easier to come by because everyone isn't mining the same stuff from one area. Yeah there's not the single OP spot for it but most likely wherever you build up there is metal within a short flight/land travel.

I love the fact they hid some metal too. Always a pleasant surprise when I am gathering flint and a metal node appears. Rag has a more natural and realistic (you know minus Golem,s Wyvern's, and dinosaurs) feel to it. Salt from animal bones, crystal in caves you can actually access with an Anky, appearances in proper biomes for dino's (I seen Yuty's minus Carno's in the snow biomes this weekend and to me that just makes more sense though I do wish they'd give them different snow minions as I seen a 145 I wanted to down get decimated by a pack of 12 wolves.)

Seriously if they ever fix the performance issues on Rag and once they open the desert it'll be the perfect map. 

7 hours ago, dodomaster420 said:

This map is free and too OP! the only thing holding it back is the amount of people that flock there because it is OP! You got Griffins! you got ice wyverns! you got same spoil timers as the island! you got sand! you got those boxes that have loot! you got easy an obelisk location! you got mantis’s! you got beaver dams that are giant! You got better overall wild spawns and loot!etc! And it’s freee!! Just curious why the heck it’s over powered!?

And yet it's still grindy as hell with all the best farming tames in the game and x8 events..... 

1 hour ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

On the Center, I have collected thousands of deep sea loot crates. Well, maybe two thousand.

I visit SE from time to time, but the longest period of uninterrupted time on SE was only a week. 

Really good. Like, it was gear on average that I would get once every two weeks on the Center quality.

The Island was kind of mixed, but I distinctly remember getting better gear on average than the Center.

I dont even want to try to number the times on the Center I open a deepsea crate and find apprentice ghillie boots, or a JM fur hat BP.

The highest level saddle or bp I have ever found on Center was a 104 megaloceros saddle. 

Because I could swear lootcrate modifiers were scaled off of the difficulty. 1-5, 5 being the 150 max wild level.

Does this mean the caves with lootcrates with up to level 300 dinos scale to the 300 difficulty level?

There is locations full of metal on ragnarok. Underwater with a dunky and boat we can pull 30k metal and 40k obsidian in one run and when events are on its rediculous yet you still can't progress cuz the games grindy as hell in every way 

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Obsidian island has tons of metal as well as obsidian. If anything with little metal nodes everywhere metal is easier to come by because everyone isn't mining the same stuff from one area. Yeah there's not the single OP spot for it but most likely wherever you build up there is metal within a short flight/land travel.

I love the fact they hid some metal too. Always a pleasant surprise when I am gathering flint and a metal node appears. Rag has a more natural and realistic (you know minus Golem,s Wyvern's, and dinosaurs) feel to it. Salt from animal bones, crystal in caves you can actually access with an Anky, appearances in proper biomes for dino's (I seen Yuty's minus Carno's in the snow biomes this weekend and to me that just makes more sense though I do wish they'd give them different snow minions as I seen a 145 I wanted to down get decimated by a pack of 12 wolves.)

Seriously if they ever fix the performance issues on Rag and once they open the desert it'll be the perfect map. 

There is locations full of metal on ragnarok. Underwater with a dunky and boat we can pull 30k metal and 40k obsidian in one run and when events are on its rediculous yet you still can't progress cuz the games grindy as hell in every way

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Love Ragnarok being 'OP'. Its great not having to jump between Arks to access 'all the content', the games grindy enough as it is. Saying that you still need to fight the bosses on the Island to get all the tek engrams, so it hasnt all the content so theres room for improvement there, not that, that is going to happen because the devs have intenstionally done it that way. I just wish the devs would up the chances of higher level spawn on the island just like it is on the centre or ragnarok.

To answer the question I think its OP because its technically end game content as shown by in single player you need to asend before accessing Ragnarok and also the fact that Ragnarok is not listed as a 'Story Ark', therefore its supposed to be 'OP'. 

Exactly why I chose to rent a server on Ragnarok. If it wasn't an option I wouldn't have came back to the game at all. I don't want to have to jump maps to find dinos. Well that and I can setup guidelines to keep my PVE server from becoming what officials are. Too many gameplay issues and griefers who are afraid of real pvp. lol

2 hours ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Nah there the same,  a few weeks on scorched and you will be sick of picking up apprentice fur and Ghillie bps as well

If Ragnarok wasn't OP then the map wouldn't be worth the time and effort doing all the Ascending stuff to unlock it in the first place. Without a map actually worth playing on Ascension would just be another poorly thought out gimmick from WC. People don't tend to like putting in work for garbage rewards.

5 hours ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

I personally have never played the centre map so can't talk about their loot.

SE has improved item quality compared to the island, but the biggest difference is the EASE in getting the crates, with a wyvern it takes less than 10 mins to check all the spawns once you know your route. I got it down to about 5 on a griffin.

Ragnarok loot crates and deep sea crates are a mix of the island and SE loot, they literally use both drop tables, so more variety and a mix of higher and lower quality. However, there are a huge number of possible deep sea spawns, and they are all over the place so take ages to check.

Loot does not scale off difficulty, it has its own modifiers. Such as the yellow ring around overworld drops (always worth it unless rainbow drops).

16 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Rag aint poor for metal now lol 

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:43 AM, Ronson12 said:

Can I get Cords? This sounds better than the rich nodes hidden in the canyon

4 hours ago, ManGorilla said:

Can I get Cords? This sounds better than the rich nodes hidden in the canyon

Go to the north side of the map, where the volcano meets the Highlands then follow the beach back towards blue OB and you can't miss it, it's an underwater scar like for wyverns on land I'd say 12 58 ish. Get a dunky and put all points in to weight.you are looking for giant obsidian rocks in that scar

Also a motorboat with an industrial forge helps speed things up alot but is a 2 man job. If I can't get another tribe member to help me I get on a basi and put the dunky on follow, then when I get to the farm spot I switch to the dunky and make the basi follow on neutral. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Ronson12 said:

Also a motorboat with an industrial forge

Is that a modified setting, or is the motorboat not classed as a platform?

Archived