Can't tell if a stat mutation has happened?? Help please??

Zergling963

So I am having an issue now with mutations. I get a colour mutation on a dino but its definately not colour (unless its the same colour as the parent originally?) And I can't see obvious stat mutations as I find the same mutation I think is a stat mutation on another one of the dinos that already has a colour mutation they don't seem to have two mutations much so what is going on here?? As there is no obvious stat increase that I can see, no colour mutation (unless its the same) Or has the mutation just gone on areas I can't see that aren't on this dino??

Am going to have to go back through all my others and check if they are stat mutations or not too. As what I thought was in the past turned out not to be. This is so confusing at times but I have now started culling ones I can see no obvious mutation cause what is the point in keeping them?? Also how do you tell for sure if the stats have increased?

Kinda confused right now but need to sort this out so can anyone help please??

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Zergling963 said:

So I am having an issue now with mutations. I get a colour mutation on a dino but its definately not colour (unless its the same colour as the parent originally?) And I can't see obvious stat mutations as I find the same mutation I think is a stat mutation on another one of the dinos that already has a colour mutation they don't seem to have two mutations much so what is going on here?? As there is no obvious stat increase that I can see, no colour mutation (unless its the same) Or has the mutation just gone on areas I can't see that aren't on this dino??

Am going to have to go back through all my others and check if they are stat mutations or not too. As what I thought was in the past turned out not to be. This is so confusing at times but I have now started culling ones I can see no obvious mutation cause what is the point in keeping them?? Also how do you tell for sure if the stats have increased?

Thanks

I believe it is still possible to get a color mutation on a color region not used by that creature. So it could be a color mutation that you can't see... :/

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Zergling963 said:

Thanks

Do you not keep track of your dino stats when breeding?

Just now, DJRone89 said:

Do you not keep track of your dino stats when breeding?

Actually yes I do

But the stats aren't showing at all if there is a stat mutation! I breed all the wild dinos keeping mutations out till they are the exact same stats for both mother and father. Sometimes the stats seem to increase with the levels without me doing anything and what I may think is a stat increase is actually not as its on another mutated dino where the colour is obvious. I am not that stupid! I do know what the actual stats are

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, Zergling963 said:

Actually yes I do

But the stats aren't showing at all if there is a stat mutation! I breed all the wild dinos keeping mutations out till they are the exact same stats for both mother and father. Sometimes the stats seem to increase with the levels without me doing anything and what I may think is a stat increase is actually not as its on another mutated dino where the colour is obvious. I am not that stupid! I do know what the actual stats are

I didn’t imply that you were stupid. Some people keep track differently than others. I’ll take my leave.

2 minutes ago, Zergling963 said:

Actually yes I do

Stats are somewhat hard to keep track of in breeding. When you breed a wild dino it gets the stats the the dino would have gotten if they had 100% taming effectiveness which means the baby can have different stats than both the mother and father without mutating. The speed stat can mutate as well which you wont see since speed doesnt change. Lots of weird stuff happens with breeding. 

Just now, aorticarch said:

Stats are somewhat hard to keep track of in breeding. When you breed a wild dino it gets the stats the the dino would have gotten if they had 100% taming effectiveness which means the baby can have different stats than both the mother and father without mutating. The speed stat can mutate as well which you wont see since speed doesnt change. Lots of weird stuff happens with breeding. 

Maybe thats why I am a little confused about some of the stats and what is happening :) Thanks that helps me feel better about it :)

for the love of me I do not know why but I'm breeding ptera's

got me 150 kibble tamed breeding pair.

I breed the offspring with the parent if the parent is better than the tamed. in some cased the parent tames have been bred 3 to 4 times with the offspring and the stats vary widely.

now I've only managed to do it 4 times so far, no mutations however the parents of one ptera both had melee @250% and 190%, stam @320% and 260%, weight @160 and 220, health @1200 and 980 however the hatchlng came out with a 398% MD, stam @350, weight @260 and health @ 1600 but no counted mutations?!

is this a case of random point allocation or natural breeding progression? the lvl of the ptera at birth was 214 and it was not imprinted as I was gunning for mutations. I would of liked to also have shared a picture of this however a over zealous tribe member decided that it was good enough to run the wyvern scar on Rag and suffice to say he didn't last long but we still have no kill message about the ptera

1 hour ago, X111 said:

parents of one ptera both had melee @250% and 190%

Since you have these nice round numbers i assume that you wrote down stats BEFORE they were tamed (lvl 150 stats) and that is wrong because bonus levels dinos get from Taming Efficiency are also counted as wild (bonus wild levels) and are randomly allocated between the stats and will be passed down to babies. So you should write down after-tame stats.

1 hour ago, X111 said:

the hatchlng came out with a 398% MD

What i think happened is your 250% melee (30 wild levels into melee) parent got 16 bonus levels allocated into melee upon taming for 46 points total (330% melee base without TE multiplier). Hatched baby inherited those 46 points in melee and after TE(100% for babies) multiplier ended up with (330%+9.1%)*1.176=398.78% melee (will be shown as 398.8% ingame).

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, Zergling963 said:

Sorry I need to appologise maybe I mistoke what you were meaning. Sorry I appreciate your suggestion

Apologies for my earlier comment as I can now see why you responded the way you did.

Moving on, I’m not sure how others record their stats but I make folders within the dinos inventory’s just incase you accidentally level them up. Anything that makes recording easier so you don’t miss anything.

12 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Since you have these nice round numbers i assume that you wrote down stats BEFORE they were tamed (lvl 150 stats) and that is wrong because bonus levels dinos get from Taming Efficiency are also counted as wild (bonus wild levels) and are randomly allocated between the stats and will be passed down to babies. So you should write down after-tame stats.

What i think happened is your 250% melee (30 wild levels into melee) parent got 16 bonus levels allocated into melee upon taming for 46 points total (330% melee base without TE multiplier). Hatched baby inherited those 46 points in melee and after TE(100% for babies) multiplier ended up with (330%+9.1%)*1.176=398.78% melee (will be shown as 398.8% ingame).

sorry I should of said they were rounded up. unfortunately I didn't take a picture or note of the exact stats.

these were stats from the parents which were originally bred. I think they are the 3rd batch of offspring

When a color mutation occured, the region is given a color among a list. If you are unlucky enough, the color chosen may be the same as the parents one. So it will count as a mutation even if this is the "same"color. Also, some colors are very close on some dinos (experienced it with my allosaurus where the body greys are almost the same).

If you are doing any amount of breeding then do yourself a favour and get Ark Smart Breeding  https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor

Stats and mutations will start to make a lot more sense.  It seems to have a bit of a steep learning curve but it's well worth the effort and will save you a lot of time in the long run.

Archived