Breeding

Turaka

2 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Here, this vid will take you from breeding newb to pro in about 20 mins.

Same video I watched when I first started to play with breeding. I tried previously lost 6 boss Rex babies in one night ?? But that was when I first got the game so they were probably horrible stats anyways

10 minutes ago, Brent93 said:

Same video I watched when I first started to play with breeding. I tried previously lost 6 boss Rex babies in one night ?? But that was when I first got the game so they were probably horrible stats anyways

Tag keeps it pretty simple when explaining but does a great job... Here's a couple others that are must watches:

SF's is my favorite in terms of detail and explanation.

Timmy's series is really in depth, worth watching all 3 or 4, can't remember which.

14 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Tag keeps it pretty simple when explaining but does a great job... Here's a couple others that are must watches:

SF's is my favorite in terms of detail and explanation.

Timmy's series is really in depth, worth watching all 3 or 4, can't remember which.

Yeah I tend to watch a lot of Ark videos at work..... work 12 hour night shifts mostly parked in a car waiting for a idiot to do something makes time go by so slow

3 hours ago, Turaka said:

Hi guys, I have a question and I do not know who to ask.

When I was breed, to obtain a mutation, it is convenient to level up the parents or is it the same?

Thanks u!

Leveling or imprinting of parents is completely pointless (meaning it has no effect on offspring's). Babies stats and level are calculated from parents original levels when they came to your possession (moment of tame, creation of egg).

Hello,

Level 270 is after some leveling I could not see what he put it. But yes he has admin rights.

So I think if you read this you are interested in breeding and/or need help with breeding.

My best advice is to write down every stat. Also write down the dino XP and what you put the levels in. In every step, I mean wild, tamed and baby stats. Skipping some step or some stats like oxygen will only set you back in understanding.

Plus write down the number of generations both Matrilineal and Patrilineal for each dino baby.

Do this and you will find out your own system since after a couple of weeks you have a Rex 30000Health and 500Melee and you wounder: How did this happen?

Personally I think melee has break points, I mean 325-350 have more kill-speed then it is kinda flat and get a boost at 425-450 melee damage. I am unsure if anyone understand what I  try to say but leave the melee at 325, 425, 525 and check it out yourself.  Maybe it is just a feeling. Currently I  am saving males that have different Ancestors generations to see if that has something to do with anything.

Have fun testing the dinos out.

Regards,

Ariana Gaming

Hello,
Level 270 is after some leveling I could not see what he put it. But yes he has admin rights.
So I think if you read this you are interested in breeding and/or need help with breeding.
My best advice is to write down every stat. Also write down the dino XP and what you put the levels in. In every step, I mean wild, tamed and baby stats. Skipping some step or some stats like oxygen will only set you back in understanding.
Plus write down the number of generations both Matrilineal and Patrilineal for each dino baby.
Do this and you will find out your own system since after a couple of weeks you have a Rex 30000Health and 500Melee and you wounder: How did this happen?
Personally I think melee has break points, I mean 325-350 have more kill-speed then it is kinda flat and get a boost at 425-450 melee damage. I am unsure if anyone understand what I  try to say but leave the melee at 325, 425, 525 and check it out yourself.  Maybe it is just a feeling. Currently I  am saving males that have different Ancestors generations to see if that has something to do with anything.
Have fun testing the dinos out.
Regards,
Ariana Gaming

Leveling up some stats will not transfer over to babys. Only the levels that the parents tamed out at are the starting stats.
So in the video, the rexs start at lvl 270.
That would work out.to a wild level 180 rex..

13 hours ago, xracer98 said:

One thing to note in the video..
The "starting level of the rexs"
Lvl 270 after tame.. umm max level of 150 wild, perfect tame would be 224..
So, it seems this video, the levels are tweeked on his server..

Yes that is correct. However, tweaking of Max level doesn't effect how breeding and mutations work, so it is irrelevant for the subject of the video.

1 hour ago, xracer98 said:

Leveling up some stats will not transfer over to babys. Only the levels that the parents tamed out at are the starting stats.
So in the video, the rexs start at lvl 270.
That would work out.to a wild level 180 rex..

180 or difficulty 6 has become a common thing on unofficials due to a certain YouTube group... Namely, his.

Archived