What is your favorite tamed Ark creature!?

BlueFox91

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Griffin definitely - fastest traveling with its dive ability, possibility of shooting when mounted, massive damage from bomb and swipe attacks, not dropping from the saddle when dismounted, even when attacked. OP creature as for me.
From prehistorical creatures I like Argy for flyers, Basilo for swimmers and Baryonyx for land runners (which replaced Direwolf in this function). Thylacoleo would be awesome but cannot enter most Island caves.

54 minutes ago, Landiah said:

thylocoa because they are really interesting and vicious because they can surprise attack and have low falling damage which is great since there are tons of mountains to traverse in ark. Also is good for meat gathering and just a cool tame.

I LOVED my thylacoleo in Legacy! I miss her sometimes T-T

8 hours ago, Bucz said:

Griffin definitely - fastest traveling with its dive ability, possibility of shooting when mounted, massive damage from bomb and swipe attacks, not dropping from the saddle when dismounted, even when attacked. OP creature as for me.
From prehistorical creatures I like Argy for flyers, Basilo for swimmers and Baryonyx for land runners (which replaced Direwolf in this function). Thylacoleo would be awesome but cannot enter most Island caves.

The Griffin is an awesome mount. Experiencing it's dive is incredible. 

I still gotta tame a Baryonyx. I've always wanted one!. Looks kinda like a Spino without the sail on it's back.

3 hours ago, BlueFox91 said:

The Griffin is an awesome mount. Experiencing it's dive is incredible. 

I still gotta tame a Baryonyx. I've always wanted one!. Looks kinda like a Spino without the sail on it's back.

Baryonyx is awesome.  That spin attack move they do is amazing.  I also love the fact that it's great in both water and on land.

Therizinio - my favorite gatherer they are just vicious -  can even have a mammoth follow it around and just clean house on wood gathering
Tapejara - for getting trapped people, though I'm fast becoming a griffin fan
Bear - This is a very well-rounded creature.  And I use it to ferry heavy berries to feeding troughs or carry heavy items.  I made my storage large enough for it to run around in
Otter - Favorite shoulder mount it really helps in the cold (water too it seems)
Baryonyx - Favorite aquatic - stun alpha sharks, kill groups of jellyfish, fast in water, slower on land but still great

I love the Equus. It's my favorite thing to ride at the moment. Once you make the saddle you also have a mobile mortar and pestle, which is super handy for me because I tend to tame anything that catches my eye and often run short on narcotics to make arrows. It's pretty common for me to head out with one mount to gather something specific and come back home with 5+ new pets. 

My favorite tame would be a tie between 3 dinos Equus for speed and its a mortar and pestle on the go, Griffin amazing speed and damage, and megalosaurus just sneaking up on people in the night and grabbing them in PvP is just the best thing its also go speed and damage, I  just realized I like dinos that have speed the most.

Vultures, I can make the sky black with them and lay waste to everything that gets in our way. They protect as a shoulder mount and store meat they harvest like a fridge.  I have 50+ and each one is like a little rex with 2.5x melee. I don't care if I loose some. I breed them in batches of 15 to 20. Mutation levels are off the charts. Green wing tips seem to be the dominant color trait for the last 5 generations. I play PvP and my vultures have avenged me more often than I would care to say....

I ride around on a Mutated Thylo that's crazy fun too. 

Archived