Xbox Update Delayed

SoupInMyBeard

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm slightly confused as to how it will take a few days to fix some issues. I understand if they're major, but isn't that what they've had a month to do? If they have their team totally dedicated to fixing these issues it shouldn't take a few days to solve them if they're minor ones.

I would honestly like to know more about the status of this update as we've been waiting for a month for it while the PC is getting updates handed out like candy during Halloween.

Simply saying 'solving some issues' really doesn't satisfy me much because that could mean anywhere from 3 minor issues to a hundred, as all of the major issues should be sorted out by now.

I Belive as soon as they alter the patch it has once again go through microsoft validation. Im more disappointed that there are no forum announcements about this and only a twitter post. and saying its the middle of the night in the US doesnt count. If he can answer this on twitter, they knew it yetserday at the end of their business day.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, chaosguy67 said:

And now the patch was delayed...

Meanwhile pc is getting a 2nd update before we even got its previous one..

Xbox updates are anticipated for every 2 weeks. However, delays do happen because issues do happen. This is to be expected and can be unforeseen.

Don't forget PS4 haven't got the game, so Xbox is doing quite well for itself compared to them even if there are a day or two delay on patches.

On PC they can push out updates on their time table, but on Xbox they have to complete the update then send it to Microsoft to be verified and then pushed out. 2 weeks per update is optimistic on them, and keep in mind the preview has only been out for 2 months. Things will improve over time, look at how far this game has come since release.

Look here's my take..  you can have a patch and it will be incomplete. Compared to the pc it's expensive to patch xbox..  Microsoft charges developers to push updates to players. If it was free or at least cheaper I'm sure they would update more often but it isn't, even for a game expected to be updated several times as it's  in The GAME PREVIEW PROGRAM they still charge too much. BLAME Microsoft..  At least We can play the game.  EH PS4 OWNERS..

Its ok Atleast they are carefully checking things. Most companies don't invest time in patches and new content only one or the other. We get a new dinosaur, weapon or items and perks in every update not just bug fixes which is amazing and they aren't charging extra like everyone else. Halo you pay for effing helmets lol...... I can tell by the quality of the videos that these guys play this game on a daily basis and it shows. Gotta play your game to make it good. I have more respect for this smaller company than any AAA studio.

Anyways gives me a few more days to train my wife lol. Just last nite I was saying "todays the last nite my dear tomm your gonna get eaten" hahaha :P She'll be happy she has a few more days to live. 

I hate when people think hey ARK creators need to do what I want not what the company needs.  If you want stuff now now now go join a large project and see how quick you can get stuff fixed.

Just think like this:  You have a house and the plumbing has a leak on an inner wall.  Easy fix right?  just fix the hole and replace that pipe by cutting into the wall.  WRONG!  most likely something caused the hole, also there is a fallout from the hole that needs fixed as well and so on and so on.  Yeah some people in this world just say punch hole here and duct tape pipe or cut and replace problem solved.  But that didn't do you any good.  It just got rid of the hole no the problem that's left.

3 minutes ago, SilentJoker said:

I hate when people think hey ARK creators need to do what I want not what the company needs.  If you want stuff now now now go join a large project and see how quick you can get stuff fixed.

Just think like this:  You have a house and the plumbing has a leak on an inner wall.  Easy fix right?  just fix the hole and replace that pipe by cutting into the wall.  WRONG!  most likely something caused the hole, also there is a fallout from the hole that needs fixed as well and so on and so on.  Yeah some people in this world just say punch hole here and duct tape pipe or cut and replace problem solved.  But that didn't do you any good.  It just got rid of the hole no the problem that's left.

+1 the devs need time to fix the bugs. That prevent playable content. The major issues can be playable still but at least they are fixing it by time. I prefer stability over content.

7 minutes ago, SilentJoker said:

The delay is not the problem.  The problem is if the plumber said he was coming tuesday, didn't show up, and didn't tell you when he would be coming.  Then you find out that he knew he wouldn't be able to make it for a few days, and never told you.

22 minutes ago, D4u2s0t said:

The delay is not the problem.  The problem is if the plumber said he was coming tuesday, didn't show up, and didn't tell you when he would be coming.  Then you find out that he knew he wouldn't be able to make it for a few days, and never told you.

....or the plumber left a note with neighbors dog at 2am, and was surprised you didn't know about it... Lol...

Archived