First tame a trike, horse or camel depending on your map,  ko the trike with a sling shot on island or centre,  punch the camel out on scorched or Ragnarok or passive tame a horse with carrots in the Highlands on Ragnorak. These three tames are your berry getters,  they get narcotics berry's to tame other things where the torpor drops quickly, they keep you fed and for what they are are pretty good fighters they will keep you safe from dilos and the like,  a low level is all you need. 

Then tame 5 dodos a male and the rest female,  these will lay eggs to tame ptera at lvl 38,  horde the eggs and plant some carrots. 

Next you need a meat eater, lots of good choices depending on where you are and what level to make the saddles. I usually go Wolf as easy tame,  and no saddle needed,  build a trap and lure it in. But if your a high enough level there are other choices,  sabretooth if live by mountains,  if live by the swamp baryonyx is an easy tame with a sickle for fish prime and a good swimmer too,  Thyla if by redwoods,  best to kill a sheep to tame One of those. Or a Carno is a strong easy tame thet you can find in the easy areas. Whatever you choose it will be your main mount and protection and a good meat gatherer.

Then get a kibble tamed ptera 150 only,  it's mobile flys and is pretty strong,  it's a real game changer.

Next you will want to build a decent Base and defences and this is impossible by hand so you will need farming tames,  get a low level beaver,  doed and anky these are invaluable even at a low level will change building for you. Also get a bear or megatherium for fibre and general coolness, 

Next tame a low level argy,  invaluable transport and farming Dino 

Tame a spare 150 ptera for when you lose the first one 

Now you have your basics you will be settled in,  build a large barn and fill it with low level egg tames,  you need stegos for a decent argy, dilos for a decent anky and doed,  Carnos for wolves and bears, patchyrhinos for baryonyx and scorpions to get a rex, and turtles for a bronto 

Tame max level 150 whatever you want. 

There really is no wrong first tame. Taming is much easier once you unlock tranq arrows. Once you have those around level 20 you can walk along cliffs and look down to the beach or ground below to see what is roaming around. This is how I ended up with some powerful mounts that aren't usually tamed until later in the game. The cliff keeps you out of bite-range and gives you a better vantage point for when things start to flee.

Trike or Stego.  Then move on to tames related to your goals in the game.  I prefer to build up the kibble tree dinos myself and get ready for breeding.  You may want to focus on building or some other aspect of the game and you will want resource collectors, etc... If you are playing with increased rates, none of this may matter!

On 08/11/2017 at 2:59 PM, KOL3G3ND4RY69 said:

Thank you guys For the tame info but i need a place for a good base.    ( its boosted 50x)

Boosted 50x lol 

Pick some berries your lvl 100 

May as well leave the kibble dinos,  just ko a ptera and then go get a spino or something one piece of meat should do it.

For a base location build Next to metal on them rates you will be encumbered a lot 

On 11/7/2017 at 6:32 PM, SmokeyB said:

First tame a trike, horse or camel depending on your map,  ko the trike with a sling shot on island or centre,  punch the camel out on scorched or Ragnarok or passive tame a horse with carrots in the Highlands on Ragnorak. These three tames are your berry getters,  they get narcotics berry's to tame other things where the torpor drops quickly, they keep you fed and for what they are are pretty good fighters they will keep you safe from dilos and the like,  a low level is all you need. 

I actually prefer iguanodon over trike as starter recently.

On 11/8/2017 at 3:59 PM, KOL3G3ND4RY69 said:

Thank you guys For the tame info but i need a place for a good base.    ( its boosted 50x)

I love this plase for soloing on the island... hidden lake.

On 11/8/2017 at 3:59 PM, KOL3G3ND4RY69 said:

50x is too much for soloing. I would prefer 2-5x exp, harvesting and 10-15x taming. Also increase quality of loot drops and that's it.

On 11/7/2017 at 5:32 PM, SmokeyB said:

I wouldn't call a horse an early or first tame as you need carrots, and they take a while to get, you need to unlock the crop plot and pipes plus have fert going, unless you use dung, plus pipes unless you are near water and happy to feed it water, i would call horse a low to mid level tame at most, not first

2 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

I wouldn't call a horse an early or first tame as you need carrots, and they take a while to get, you need to unlock the crop plot and pipes plus have fert going, unless you use dung, plus pipes unless you are near water and happy to feed it water, i would call horse a low to mid level tame at most, not first

IIt is early tame on ragnarok because of carrot fields around lighthouse highlands.

3 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

That's why I said if on Ragnorak because the carrots grow wild to pick in the Highlands 

5 hours ago, Meshi said:

I actually prefer iguanodon over trike as starter recently.

Agree here but this does depend on the map as well. Trike is in the easiest areas everywhere where as Iguanodon is in some slightly rougher areas in Raganrok though easy areas on the isloand. I find them an easier tame and the unlimited stam and greater speed make up for the slightly less efficiency at berry farming and weight reduction. 

Archived