Jaywall

Xbox one X still has a host tether

3 hours ago, retired17801 said:

I am having the same issue for non-dedicated server.

Old xbox one tether distance is 250m and now that I have an xbox one X it's still 250m... Update was suppose to make the host tether larger.

Can we can an update on this?

Again Ill ask you are the one hosting the non dedi right? Having an Xbox One X doesn't change anything unless it is hosting the session.

Yea man we both said we have xbox one X and we are hosting... lol 

Xbon one X as host on non-dedicated doesnt change the host barrier at all compared to xbox on host barrier even though they said in the update it would...

Update: I even started a brand new non-dedicated on my XBOX ONE X; and it's still the same 

Edited by retired17801

So, Ark lovers have actually bought a Xbox one X for promised increased NON DED tether. Thinking it would be longer than a Mammoths piece. Surely its going to be larger than that.

As much as i like the game , i have many criticisms re this game.....the terrible freezing that occurs  gets worse and worse after an hour on single player, and Non ded playing with the host.  

Furthermore,  the actual ..Dino's.. Dilophosaurus was the size of a Carnotaurus.  

The Giganotosaurus could've been realistic proportions and still been cool. I don't get the silly disproportion. Save that for Scorched.  It was only slightly larger than T rex. 

Diplodocus should be given a tail whiplash damage as that is what it almost certainly used in defence. Not some silly lame push back.  The Brontosaurus more likely shoved with its more massive neck (in combination).   

Edited by Jonarker
  • Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, Alexeauxs said:

If you look elsewhere in this thread you'll see that doesn't even matter since the extension is pretty much nonexistent.

It matters because if you are not hosting from the Xbox One X there would be no change whether or not the update worked or not. At the time you were the only one smart enough to include that you were hosting from and X. You cant make a conclusion on one report of it not working. Everyone else just said they were playing on an X and were getting little or no increase which is 100% worthless info if they arent the host. So now that a few others have confirmed they are hosting from the X its safe to say the extension was basically worthless.

Just a thought. I thought I heard on PC they could scale a tether to their pcs performance. I wonder if this is the case with the X and if you can turn down your graphics to get a better distance... I honestly doubt it would work but it may be worth a try if you have your heart set on playing non dedi.

3 minutes ago, NotoriousWhiz said:

Until split screen is an option for dedicated servers (can someone explain why it isn't?), some of us are forced to stick with non dedicated online servers. 

That's exactly what makes it a dedicated server. You can't run a client on the same machine as a dedicated server.

20 hours ago, NotoriousWhiz said:

You misunderstood. Why can't a split screen client connect to a dedicated server but a split screen client can connect to a non dedicated server? 

So you've got split screen on the client console (i.e. you and a friend in your lounge). You're saying that:

1) It will connect to a non-dedicated (e.g. someone's second Xbox console) in this mode, but

2) won't connect to a dedicated (e.g. official) server? Or a Nitrado server?

1 hour ago, Quetzal said:

So you've got split screen on the client console (i.e. you and a friend in your lounge). You're saying that:

1) It will connect to a non-dedicated (e.g. someone's second Xbox console) in this mode, but

2) won't connect to a dedicated (e.g. official) server? Or a Nitrado server?

You got it. The way split screen works:

You join a game, then hit the *start* button on the 2nd controller and it automatically goes into split screen. You can join a non dedicated server and start a split screen session, but you can't join a dedicated session and start a split screen session. If it wouldn't work in one, I would expect it not to work in non-dedicated and work in dedicated, not the other way around.

On November 11, 2017 at 5:13 PM, NotoriousWhiz said:

The distance is actually ~258m at least for me. Sooooooo much more distance. I don't know why I even support this game. 

I finally got a one X and tested it myself, it's an extra 5 meters. Worst devs I've ever seen ruining an amazing game. If you can completely remove the tether in split screen, why even mention that the non dedi tether was increased? You can't feel the extra 5 meters because it still turns red at 230 or so. And if you're on a Dino? Forget it, no differenc. Ugh wish the devs would address this! Can't get answers anywhere. Again, I hosted the session on my one X and had my friend join me. He sighed and said "see I told you they'd just increase it by a tiny amount so they could say they increased it without actually doing so." Lol guess he was right.

Edited by Jaywall