What's your main land mount?

AdligerAdler

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally end up using whatever I have at hand. I'm 9/10 gathering a specific material so I don't wander around aimlessly. However, when I do CP runs and stuff, my go to seems to be the bear. I dig the speed and along with that I generally just have a good time mauling the ever-living-stuffing out of the beavers near sanctuary. 

I'm a big fan of the therizinio.  It harvests huge amounts of raw meat (great against alphas), prime, and fish meat too, wood, thatch, fiber, berries, flowers and mushrooms.   While I adore riding bear (fabulously well-rounded creature)  and the bear is my favorite creature to breed, a therizinio has longer legs so does better traveling through water.

I use a Thyla- super convenient, especially since my Yuty bred in with extra speed so she tends to back flip off cliffs lol. I can jump down to where she ends up without too much issue and the "scenic" route has taken us to some interesting places for exploring. It's also much easier to maneuver than a Rex or something bigger, they are great for carrying decent weight and we've used them in caves as well.

For a ground mount I use a Thyla every time unless doing something that requires a specific mount, current one is a 25th generation 100% imprinted one, born at level 299, now at 366 and with nearly 1000% melee that chomps through just about anything in its way. I just love the ability to go anywhere with them, basically climb vertical cliffs, jump ravines etc. I quite often just take mine out for a run for a laugh and don't come back to the base for hours.

Direbear and sabertooth. 

When i'm on a land mount I'm usually out looking for something to tame so something I can fire off the back of and has good speed is important to run around the target.

I have 2nd gens of both of these but they are already great. 9k hp and 540 melee on bear, 5k hp and 504 melee on cat with some levels to go on both. I'm looking for a higher melee stat for both of them right now. With the bear I can tank a 150 Rex if need be. Really the saber is just kind of a vanity mount and will be my go to to do caves when I jump to the island to get Artifacts for the bosses. I also like killing Rex's with it just because I think it's funny I can. However once I can cull together enough Titanboa kibble they'll probably both take a back seat to the Thyla. Ability to tank like a bear with greater variety to move plus that climbing ability. Will miss the power of that swipe though. 

5 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

Do you play on officials or solo/unofficial?

PvE officials

Oh, I am sorry. Looking at that, those are leveled stats. I can see how they may have come across as born. They are not. lol. 

bears are 3525 hp, 325 dmg base. Saber is 3102 hp, 312 dmg base. 

I have 2500 stam to breed into the bear yet but that is also on a male so I am looking for a high melee female first. 

Just now, IanHighlander said:

Ahh, shame, if it had been unofficial or solo I could have given you a serious head start with Thylas (for nothing) if you wanted, I have a serious over stock of the damn things lol, but obviously you can't transfer them to official from unofficial.

I appreciate that you'd offer but there is something about cultivating a line from scratch yourself. We finally gave in and traded our Rex melee (396) for someone else's Rex health (10700) as we were stuck at 9900 for about a month now. No stat mutations nor higher found in the wild yet. I see some of the stats people have already (13200 hp, 459 melee) and it just is mind boggling that they either found that in the wild or have bred enough to get those stats mutations. Sometimes it is luck. We finally dropped an Anky that improved on our line , had 375 melee now have 387 melee, and still I see hatches of 449 melee and I'm like that's insane but it's what I strive for. 

I really do enjoy it though. I've dropped so many thorny's over the last 2 weeks and most had a wild weight of 426 (same with beavers which is weird). I finally found one that had 29 points (level 135) and it got us a tamed weight of 516 (a little bit of a weak roll but an upgrade). Now we'll look for higher melee as well as higher weight and try to grow that line. Doing that leg work is really satisfying actually. Having a 100% pure your line. 

2 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I appreciate that you'd offer but there is something about cultivating a line from scratch yourself.

As someone thats literally put in months of work into my current lines of various animals already and basically breed for fun, I can totally appreciate (and respect) that. Won't work to official anyway, hence the reason I asked (wasn't querying the stats as your edit seems to think). Just thought I could help someone out if it wasn't on official as you'd mentioned you wanted them and I literally have hundreds of Thylas stacked up all over the place on two or three of my servers lol.

Anyway, won't take this topic offtopic anymore, (sorry OP).

thylacoleo, the climbing is just too good to resist and it doesn't hurt that it can also go across water at pretty decent speeds.

gigantopithecus is a very close second for me as the FUN mount, it has no jump but it looks absolutely ridiculous to ride it and that makes up for it. i mean omg, try looking at your character riding a gigapithecus in 3rd person camera with your map pulled out.

Hmmm...

Well, I definitely enjoy the Saber-tooth... flying kitty, man. 

And, Murdersloth is so damn useful.

But if I'm on a real walkabout... I use the platformed paracer build to carry one tame on each side, and a bird up top.

It's high level... lots of stamina, weight and Hitpoints. Food is never an issue.

I tend to carry an equus and kitty on one side, and a Thorny Dragon on the other. Up top is my Argy.

Nomad living, PvE only(of course).

Note: if I am in Build mode, I keep a doedi, Thorny and Equus. Two mobile stations (Smithy and Mort), with excellent stone, wood and thatch gathering.

Archived