Ascension for SE

BTrickshot

• Volunteer Moderator

From what I know, It never was confirmed. I think OP is referring to the last digest:

Survivor DigitalVagrant asks, “With Aberration promising some lore-heavy story developments, are we going to see any "endgame" or Tek presence on Scorched Earth?  Canonically, that's where Helena and Rockwell head after The Island, and it would be nice to feel like we've "beaten" that map as well.  A lore presence on The Center would be great as well, as I think the story/lore is the best part of ARK, and it would be great to feel like every official map is essential and necessary to travel to in order to get the full picture.  This would be a great way to demonstrate the appeal of map transferring.”

Yes, we intend to add a cinematic ending to Scorched Earth and a set of its own Tek Engrams. The Center and Ragnarok will remain non-canonical however, at least with respect to the journey of our “hero” characters.

This also been discussed there:

Well, based on the explorer notes of SE, the entrance for ascension should be on the destroyed city with arena and manticore statue in the dunes. We know that at least Helena managed ascent because she is the creator of the dossiers which seems to be done for aberration too.

And we were promised at least a cinematic for SE in the community digest Q&A.

The rest is my speculation:
I am not sure if the SE map offers enough creatures to go for a full tek cave. But it can be compensated by allowing entrance just for small sized or non ride able dinos. Just imagine to face SE creatures on foot.

Anyway it should be cool to travel through the catacombs similar as Ruins of Nosti which would lead to half sand covered pyramid-like exit. Connected to a similar place as the wyvern trench with wyverns flying above and lava on the bottom leading to the teleporter.

Some more ideas: As you will go through overseer cave is should look like older and more beaten and more simpler than The Island one. Mostly because this Ark was much older then shiny Island one (maybe was a prototype). You would see weather controlling station glitching. Which would explain so harsh climate on SE. Even overseer and minions can be reskinned to look like like island ark was upgraded version of SE ark. They would be more organic and have less armor. Overseer will not have any shield (also serve to be beatable by ppl on foot).

I would love to see a new overseer fight as end of SE. He could morph into Manticore, Phoenix and a death worm. While in the manticore phase he will use standard manticore moves (poison stings, poison ball, etc). As phoenix it will turn the  whole arena into scorched heat and as death worm it will cause a sandstorm. Because whole SE is about harsh weather it will be super cool.

After the beating of the overseer we would be transported in a cinematic to aberration.

59 minutes ago, Meshi said:

Well, based on the explorer notes of SE, the entrance for ascension should be on the destroyed city with arena and manticore statue in the dunes. We know that at least Helena managed ascent because she is the creator of the dossiers which seems to be done for aberration too.

I am not sure if the SE map offers enough creatures to go for a full tek cave. But it can be compensated by allowing entrance just for small sized or non ride able dinos. Just imagine to face SE creatures on foot.

Anyway it should be cool to travel through the catacombs similar as Ruins of Nosti which would lead to half sand covered pyramid-like exit. Connected to a similar place as the wyvern trench with wyverns flying above and lava on the bottom leading to the teleporter.

Some more ideas: As you will go through overseer cave is should look like older and more beaten and more simpler than The Island one. Mostly because this Ark was much older then shiny Island one (maybe was a prototype). You would see weather controlling station glitching. Which would explain so harsh climate on SE. Even overseer and minions can be reskinned to look like like island ark was upgraded version of SE ark. They would be more organic and have less armor. Overseer will not have any shield (also serve to be beatable by ppl on foot).

I would love to see a new overseer fight as end of SE. He could morph into Manticore, Phoenix and a death worm. While in the manticore phase he will use standard manticore moves (poison stings, poison ball, etc). As phoenix it will turn the  whole arena into scorched heat and as death worm it will cause a sandstorm. Because whole SE is about harsh weather it will be super cool.

After the beating of the overseer we would be transported in a cinematic to aberration.

Sounds like fun

17 hours ago, jaypak said:

why the heck would they be bringing out a new dlc when this one isnt complete yet

I personally hope they never tire of fleshing things out over time.

2 hours ago, Meshi said:

I realize that you were just using "promised" as a figure of speech, but everyone should keep in mind that someone saying "we intend to do" is not the same as "we promise to do"  This really isn't directed at you specifically, it's just a distinction that gamers seem to universally have trouble making.  :)

5 hours ago, Meshi said:

Maybe for the abberation cinematic have the ark network glitch and you fall to abberation 

Archived