best bossfight to do first

xerokishi

We planning on our server the same, but actually need good saddles. Anyway we started breeding some
Rexes. The values differs nearly from post to post for least Hp and melee, so are 13.2 k Hp and 482 melee something
to work with ? (include imprinting). Would you level first Hp to 20-25 k and then melee ?

Thank you

I just did the ape easy and it was quicker then the easy broodmother. I lost a Rex because I my rexes tangle up and had only 5 on the ape. I finally got them untangle and took less then a minute. You only need primitive saddles which I have for the easy bosses but I a man sure on th beta one I will need better saddles. Oh yes I had 17 rexes for this ape fight. One more thing get the ally looking off it helps   lot.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:43 AM, Woodsman said:

For boss fight noobs its best to practice in single player. Getting the rexes in and getting them untangled quickly is haft the battle. After that u just charge and attack. No real strategy or skill required. 

Just a point: in single player bosses are a joke, they're nerfed.  Better setting the same values of official  servers before to try everything. Ofc easy bosses are easy,  and maybe even the beta ones. But with alpha is another story :/

Saying it because you could lose everything like happened to us. We wrecked both alpha spider and ape in nothing but on multi... They wrecked us D: Rexes with same saddles and stats than the ones we used for the test.  

So, testing is the best thing to do but always use official settings and not the default.

As mentioned in the topic:

1. Try Broodmother Gamma First
  2. Monkey Gamma second
  3. Then see if you can handle them back-to-back
  4. Gamma Dragon
  5. Gamma Ascension
  6. Repeat for Beta
  7. Repeat for Gamma

Is this more tedious?
Yes, but the increase in difficulty is easier to control this way, and you won't miss any achievements.
It's a better stress-test to see if you can handle bosses.

3 minutes ago, Basso said:

Why the raptor are you taking rexes to broodmother?

Use Megatheriums on Broodmother, easiest kill ever.

Easy Broodmother only needs one good Megatherium, hard we killed with 6 and a yuty and we didn't even need the yuty......

Still, Rexes took 5 minutes to kill alpha for our group. Honestly it makes sense to use rexes since you can use the exact same pack for megapithecus and manticore, even if megatheriums are technically better for brood.

11 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Still, Rexes took 5 minutes to kill alpha for our group. Honestly it makes sense to use rexes since you can use the exact same pack for megapithecus and manticore, even if megatheriums are technically better for brood.

Thats true, but getting good rexes is a rather long task.

for a start doing broodmother runs with megatheriums is the best way to start.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎13 at 2:21 PM, Basso said:

Why the raptor are you taking rexes to broodmother?

Use Megatheriums on Broodmother, easiest kill ever.

Easy Broodmother only needs one good Megatherium, hard we killed with 6 and a yuty and we didn't even need the yuty......

Also curious what Megatheriums you are using. Did you use 6 for gamma?

only 6 for alpha seem a bit far fetched

Archived