What awesome things did you accomplish during charity event?

Vreya

Thought it would be cool to hear some of the things you/your tribe accomplished during the 24 hour charity event Saturday/Sunday. I play solo mostly with my fiance (we play the same character) as our other tribe mate was offline. We milked this event for all it was worth, as I'm sure many others did. We started playing Ark again about 3 weeks ago, after taking 4-5 months off from the game, so we haven't had much going on yet. We play PvE on the Center map. This event was amazing for us and we got so much done. Thanks to the Ark devs for the best event thus far. I will readily admit there are serious issues with this game and it totally sucks for all the people who didn't get to play because of servers being down and lag spikes - but I enjoyed it tremendously.

- Added on a large barn to our pre-existing base (had to farm ALLLLLL the stone walls) and built 7-8 more behemoth gates for base

- Farmed flint, obsidian, metal, oil and pearls.

- Built an industrial forge

- Tamed 145 f Quetz (battle quetz!!!), 150 f Rex, 150 Megaloceros, 140 Spino, 145 Anky, 85 beaver, 2 Iguanodons, 2 Kentrosaurus 

- Hatched twin Rex's (first babies since we started playing again and HOLY COW, less than a day for 2 Rex's from hatch to maturity with minimal to no effort? crazy)

What did YOU do?

Raised12 rexes, hatched a giga, while wrapping up the other giga, some thylas, a unicorn, a thorny dragon, a Megatherium, a megalosaurus, and 2 wyverns, 3 ankies...

hmmm... What more... Oh right, helped the server hit the tame cap xD wonder how many others had the cap thing happen thanks to this event xD

If not for the server cap might have done another basi xD 

31 minutes ago, Goaty said:

This is why pvp is better. No server tame cap, and only a platform limit for big dinos and rafts.

Also the massive wars etc. Pve just seems so boring, building up for basically nothing lol...

Sometimes I wonder why ppl are on PvE too.  I am on PvE, I take time to build nice things and then will gear up to do the boss, acces TEK tier, ...

But what I am seeing on PvE  is basic ugly bases made of dino gates and ppl racing to tame and breed. Not sure what is the point either... I got the feeling people are breeding lots of dino that wont have any usefullness for bosses  or anything else .  No wonder the server are hitting caps.

Anyway, at 8x I was filling up my Anky after just 2 metal nodes. was pretty insane indeed.

I tamed a pack of Allosaurus with the Alpha and all (used prime cook meat), tamed a level 110 Anky that got to 35% after just one bite at the kibble. Also tamed a high level beaver with berries, those take time when you dont have the kibbles and there torpor go down like crazy.

imo it would have been a great time to tame some Therizinosaur since the kibbles are hard to get for new players. In fact its a lot more trouble to tame megalosaurus  for kibbles than it is to tame a Therizinosaur, so the kibble system is weird in that sense. At the halloween event, the megalosaurus were spawning outside, so it was a great time to tamed some. I already have a few megalosaurus eggs, nice.

Another good choice would have been to farm black pearls.

We have just moved our base location so we done what catered and was relevant for us.

We managed to farm over 60k ingots, 15k hard poly and 15k electric. We built 10,000s of bullets and loads of turrets to improve the base defense.

We also tamed 3 Quetzals, no crazy levels, just for utility. We tamed a 120 Theri which is now over level 200 which is amazing. We got ourselves a Tuso for no apparent reason, don't know what we're gonna use it for. And finally moved towards breeding our dinos. 

Also for black pearls I highly recommend kibble taming a high level Basilosaurus and getting hold of a good saddle. I've been killing alpha mosa and alpha tuso solo for fun with this beast.

This event was amazing.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Goaty said:

This is why pvp is better. No server tame cap, and only a platform limit for big dinos and rafts.

Also the massive wars etc. Pve just seems so boring, building up for basically nothing lol...

your preference of game mode is not the topic. this will not be a pvp vs pve thread. the topic is what you did over the event.

starting Saturday my  buddy pizzasteve and i farmed (carry method) about 5 vaults of ingots, tons of crystal, obsidian, etc. last hour and half or so of event i didnt even unload...just grab another anky to fill and fly. at end of event had 8 Indy forges rolling and 6 full ankys waiting to be unloaded. was awesome:D

and got a 290 giga to almost 70%, and raised a nice bary, and drug our newest batch of dragon theriz around killing deathworms for that awesome xp

1 hour ago, Dylan1602 said:

We have just moved our base location so we done what catered and was relevant for us.

We managed to farm over 60k ingots, 15k hard poly and 15k electric. We built 10,000s of bullets and loads of turrets to improve the base defense.

We also tamed 3 Quetzals, no crazy levels, just for utility. We tamed a 120 Theri which is now over level 200 which is amazing. We got ourselves a Tuso for no apparent reason, don't know what we're gonna use it for. And finally moved towards breeding our dinos. 

Also for black pearls I highly recommend kibble taming a high level Basilosaurus and getting hold of a good saddle. I've been killing alpha mosa and alpha tuso solo for fun with this beast.

This event was amazing.

Whew. That is some serious farming of mats. How many people in your tribe? I agree, the event was amazing!

44 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

and got a 290 giga to almost 70%, and raised a nice bary, and drug our newest batch of dragon theriz around killing deathworms for that awesome xp

What do stats look like on a 290 giga?

29 minutes ago, gudmugly said:

I farmed as much pelt as I could. It is one of the more time consuming resources to gather and my server was pretty much at tame cap for the majority of the event. I gathered enough pelt to make 3 asc fur chests and 3 mc fur pants as well as have some left over for repairs.

Bummer on the tame cap. We are still looking for fur bps on this new server. We live in the snow so we have unlimited pelt roaming around but it is a real pain to farm when you don't live nearby, especially with the weight/travel components. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Vreya said:

Whew. That is some serious farming of mats. How many people in your tribe? I agree, the event was amazing!

3 active members on the island. to be totally honest, pizzasteve is my alt account and i gathered it all myself with him on the anky. have gotten really good at it lately. xD

5 minutes ago, Vreya said:

What do stats look like on a 290 giga?

A678B7DA0F962D002F6E7C059EBFE2474710337B

15 hours ago, Vreya said:

Including everyone in the tribe no matter how active, we have 25 people. HOWEVER; during the event we had about 6 active players on all weekend grinding to achieve this. Just need to restock our CP then we can build anything we want.

Archived