Your Brontosaurus level 120 was killed by Pegomastax - lvl 15

Spankijs

3 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

Well, lol, some creatures are just stupidly fearless (or vicious).  Perhaps that's why they went extinct to begin with.  :D

At the end of the day it's a game mechanic, one that keeps you from causally leaving creatures undefended and on passive.

...and guessing about when the games spawning logic will just randomly decide to plop one down inside your completely enclosed building.  That a game feature too, right Rnager>?<

7 minutes ago, electricblooz said:

...and guessing about when the games spawning logic will just randomly decide to plop one down inside your completely enclosed building.  That a game feature too, right Rnager>?<

I wouldn't know, I've never had that happen.  Perhaps I've been lucky... perhaps I just pay attention to where the creatures spawn in and don't build directly over those spots.  Either way, my creatures can either defend themselves or have a turret covering them, so in the final analysis it's not going to ever be an issue for me. 

On 11/7/2017 at 2:25 PM, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah but a single pego munching a rex or a giga is pushing it a bit. Animals will mob their predators to an extent but will know when to leave well alone also. They have also evolved other methods of survival aswell, running away if they spot a predator lol. Sparrows can mob off a potential predator if they find it, but will just generally scatter in an attempt to get away, every bird for itself when caught by surprise. A single pego will not succeed in driving off a giga. At that point the pego is just asking itself to remove itself from the gene pool. Its a bit like a sparrow attacking a lion rather than a much more managable hawk. The pego should just flat out avoid larger predators. 

Another example.  My small miniature Schnauzer goes after my Boxer who is 5 times her size all the time LOL

11 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Another example.  My small miniature Schnauzer goes after my Boxer who is 5 times her size all the time LOL

Haha classic ! I am not saying it doesnt happen. It happens all the time in nature, but what I am saying is its generally not a good idea not to waltz up to your apex predator 100x your size and start nibbling its toe nails hahaha

On Tuesday, November 07, 2017 at 10:16 AM, mmart said:

I often take my spino and kill all ichthy :), you can recover stolen things from pego but not from ichthy

The ichthy does take your items. It drops them on the ground in a box. How many items have gotten "stolen" and just not picked back up?  They will eat food they grab out of your inventory though. 

On 7/11/2017 at 11:52 PM, electricblooz said:

Is a bug. Dunno if you ever read about one: in a certain spot of the swamp on island there's a bugged spawn of Allosaurus.  In a video i saw them spawning INSIDE the base  (with foundations and everything) :/ a full pack of allos! In this case there's nothing to do but move the base or leaving something on neutral. 

Time ago it happened to me too, in my stables.  A dilo, this time, killed part of my horses and pego spawned in front my rhinos  (parked in the stable). What I noticed it was that the spot was the same xD when the pego attacked the rhino it got killed because I left my hyaenas on neutral xD

But now I solved the issue building on pillars ( is PvE) and if something spawns it will be trapped under the building mwahahabah

On 11/6/2017 at 9:37 PM, BipedTadpole said:

I hate pegos. I kill every single one even if I accidentally tamed one. Troodons too.

Death to all Troodons! May they burn in the Holy Nuclear Fire!

On 11/6/2017 at 9:41 PM, Drinkinthepink said:

I kill all pegos and troodons that I see, no matter what I'm in the middle of.

You and I...we're a lot alike... :D

On 11/7/2017 at 10:55 AM, Ranger1 said:

Nature is full of examples of small creatures attacking vastly larger creatures with the intent to either drive them off or kill them, frequently for territorial reasons.

Sparrows attacking hawks (something I see nearly every day),

Raccoons or boars attacking  bears,

Peccary's attacking Jaguars,

it's not all that uncommon in nature, and if the larger creature won't (or can't) leave the area death is not out of the question in many cases.

Ive never seen an ant attack a horse 

1 hour ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

Ive never seen an ant attack a horse 

While I get the point you are trying to make, you should perhaps watch one of the countless nature videos on that particular subject.

Fire ants routinely attack and sometimes kill livestock of all kinds (including horses) in the American southwest and points further south. 

Army ants kill everything in their path regardless of size or obstacles present (including rivers).

Just sayin'...

Edit:  Then again, perhaps you shouldn't search those videos out.  Most of them are, quite frankly, somewhat horrifying.

On 11/9/2017 at 5:24 AM, Rhinenorr said:

The ichthy does take your items. It drops them on the ground in a box. How many items have gotten "stolen" and just not picked back up?  They will eat food they grab out of your inventory though. 

Not Narcotics. I've had them stolen from me twice in one day!  They just eat them and don't drop them.  You'd think they'd immediately fall on the ground unconscious...

On 2017-11-09 at 11:49 AM, DiamondLlama said:

Death to all Troodons!

You and I...we're a lot alike... :D

One day I was on foot in the jungle, and I heard a troodon screech behind me.... I ran, I didn't look back, I just ran until I didn't have the stamina to continue.... it was that day, that day I put points into fortitude and put stimulants on my bar in the O slot, and went out troodon hunting. I have hunter troodons ever since. Then one day, I heard a pego squawk behind me... I didn't run, I should have ran... I immediately lost my stimulants, and seconds later my ammo, then my parachutes and grapples... I found myself robbed, ungeared in the jungle running home, and I heard a screech. With nothing but fists I fought a pack of troodons, 4 of them, they nipped my heels and overcame me. With no weapons and no stimulants I fell to the earth and succumbed to the doom of evil. I respawned, got on my trusty faithful Rex, and started clobbering the forest until I found and killed both the troodons, and the pegos. I lived, I died, I learned, and I cried.

On 2017-11-09 at 7:42 PM, Ranger1 said:

While I get the point you are trying to make, you should perhaps watch one of the countless nature videos on that particular subject.

Fire ants routinely attack and sometimes kill livestock of all kinds (including horses) in the American southwest and points further south. 

Army ants kill everything in their path regardless of size or obstacles present (including rivers).

Just sayin'...

Edit:  Then again, perhaps you shouldn't search those videos out.  Most of them are, quite frankly, somewhat horrifying.

I agree, watching a video of fire ants overtaking livestock truely is horrifying.

@MayonnaisePlease

Fire ants will kill a person who finds himself surrounded... some of their ant houses are bigger than people houses. Literally bigger. Terrifying.

1 hour ago, Drinkinthepink said:

I agree, watching a video of fire ants overtaking livestock truely is horrifying.

@MayonnaisePlease

Fire ants will kill a person who finds himself surrounded... some of their ant houses are bigger than people houses. Literally bigger. Terrifying.

As a ecologist the invertebrate world terrifies me, am glad we're all vertebrates the size we are. At that small scale nature seems even more brutal than normal. And when the inverts start taking on vertebrates.... Ill just avoid those videos..... Ants fascinate yet terrify me at the same time.

21 hours ago, Drinkinthepink said:

One day I was on foot in the jungle, and I heard a troodon screech behind me.... I ran, I didn't look back, I just ran until I didn't have the stamina to continue.... it was that day, that day I put points into fortitude and put stimulants on my bar in the O slot, and went out troodon hunting. I have hunter troodons ever since. Then one day, I heard a pego squawk behind me... I didn't run, I should have ran... I immediately lost my stimulants, and seconds later my ammo, then my parachutes and grapples... I found myself robbed, ungeared in the jungle running home, and I heard a screech. With nothing but fists I fought a pack of troodons, 4 of them, they nipped my heels and overcame me. With no weapons and no stimulants I fell to the earth and succumbed to the doom of evil. I respawned, got on my trusty faithful Rex, and started clobbering the forest until I found and killed both the troodons, and the pegos. I lived, I died, I learned, and I cried.

1z8zvf.jpg

Archived