Your Brontosaurus level 120 was killed by Pegomastax - lvl 15

Spankijs

1 hour ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

LOGICALLY SPEAKING

Should pegos really aggro to dinos that big?

Definitely not lol same goes for dilos.

"Um pego do you mind ? I am riding a rex/wyvern/giga. This is not a good evolutionary strategy for your species to have !".

8 minutes ago, phantom55 said:

pego shouldnt attack dinos if no rider.otherwise servers will keep having huge boxes all around what people call dino pen.

Pegos shouldnt be attacking any dinos much bigger than themselves, riden or unriden lol. Could do with tweaking  the AI of them and for a few other species such as the dilo for the same reason. 

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Definitely not lol same goes for dilos.

"Um pego do you mind ? I am riding a rex/wyvern/giga. This is not a good evolutionary strategy for your species to have !".

Pegos shouldnt be attacking any dinos much bigger than themselves, riden or unriden lol. Could do with tweaking  the AI of them and for a few other species such as the dilo for the same reason. 

Actually I disagree.  Other than a Rex or Giga there isn't anything in the wild that will attack something like a Wyvern except a Pego.  I think it keeps you on your toes, otherwise people could just park them whereever they wanted with no fear of having them killed...

17 hours ago, Pic1 said:

PROTIP: If your dino pen isn't properly enclosed, put your land dinos on neutral.

That moment when they literally spawn inside the base though. It can't be helped. Turrets set to wild works best if you don't want gigantic tames glitching other tames through the wall when they get set off on neutral. Bronto tails can actually warp Pteranodons through the walls, along with a few others.

16 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Actually I disagree.  Other than a Rex or Giga there isn't anything in the wild that will attack something like a Wyvern except a Pego.  I think it keeps you on your toes, otherwise people could just park them whereever they wanted with no fear of having them killed...

I agree to disagree :D while its good to have dinos that will attack tamed creatures like wyverns to keep them from being abandoned, there are better creatures for it than pegos. Mind you I could get behind it if it ran up to a large dino and nicked something from its inventory and ran away, but the fact it sits there munching on them is silly lol. Its just too small lol

Nature is full of examples of small creatures attacking vastly larger creatures with the intent to either drive them off or kill them, frequently for territorial reasons.

Sparrows attacking hawks (something I see nearly every day),

Raccoons or boars attacking  bears,

Peccary's attacking Jaguars,

it's not all that uncommon in nature, and if the larger creature won't (or can't) leave the area death is not out of the question in many cases.

6 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

Nature is full of examples of small creatures attacking vastly larger creatures with the intent to either drive them off or kill them, frequently for territorial reasons.

Sparrows attacking hawks (something I see nearly every day),

Raccoons or boars attacking  bears,

Peccary's attacking Jaguars,

it's not all that uncommon in nature, and if the larger creature won't (or can't) leave the area death is not out of the question in many cases.

Yeah but a single pego munching a rex or a giga is pushing it a bit. Animals will mob their predators to an extent but will know when to leave well alone also. They have also evolved other methods of survival aswell, running away if they spot a predator lol. Sparrows can mob off a potential predator if they find it, but will just generally scatter in an attempt to get away, every bird for itself when caught by surprise. A single pego will not succeed in driving off a giga. At that point the pego is just asking itself to remove itself from the gene pool. Its a bit like a sparrow attacking a lion rather than a much more managable hawk. The pego should just flat out avoid larger predators. 

Archived