Do Dimetrodons not lay eggs?

ImpureFrost

SO there's a 100 Gallimimus in my base that I'd like to kibble tame, but for some reason my Dimetrodons don't seem to be laying any eggs.

I even built a perch so I could see when they laid an egg, but they've not yet plopped one out.

(I have 2 females and a male)

All my other dinos are laying eggs just fine. (Minus my Dilos for some reason)

Anybody else having this issue?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mojito said:

Yep, not a single egg. I have just one Male one Female, since the release. I have the Oviraptor and i have the Dimetrodons half in Water (as someone suggested) but still not a one egg

I've got them mate boosted with an Oviraptor boost as well. I've gotten about 6 Giga Eggs, and like 3 Quetzal eggs, and no Dimetrodon Eggs.

It's very frustrating because I'd like to eventually perfect tame a Gallimimus, but I can't do that without the Dimetrodon Eggs.

14 minutes ago, xinfamousshadowx said:

I've had one after about 35 mins but they seem to spawn almost completely inside the body. I've had to move her to pick up a egg. I put her on 2 metal celings then half and half then deleted one to have her half hanging.

I've got both of mine on a Hatchframe just right so the eggs should drop through the hole, but after days of having them I haven't seen a single one.

I think I'll try your method for a little bit and see if that helps any. Perhaps they are laying eggs but they just aren't dropping through the hole? IDK.

2 hours ago, DevOverflow said:

I believe someone has to be around the dino in order for it to lay eggs. I've noticed over night, the dinos dont lay eggs, until I log in then boom eggs dropping.

It's a solo server, and I always check my Dino pen before I go out and do things. I'll usually find bunches of eggs, but none of them have ever been Dimetrodon.

I even started getting Dilo eggs yesterday, so I don't know what the problem is.

Tamed Dimetrodons do not poop or lay eggs when stationary. I have tried parking them on the side of a rock so their hindquarters are in the air. I have tried parking them on a hatch. I have tried parking them with only their front quarters above the hatch and their butts hanging in the air. They have the Oviraptor buff. 1 male and 3 females, mate boosted. Have never seen any of them poop in the weeks I have had them (tamed 3 the first week they were available). I have gotten 2 eggs randomly when logging in when they were parked on the rock. Still no poop. I have gotten eggs when breeding. Still no poop. Past experience has shown that if the critters don't poop, they also will not lay eggs. Devs, please find it in your hearts to give these critters some Ex-Lax and bring this constipation to an end for all Dimetrodons! Hope then we will also see some eggs ;)2016-02-01_00001.thumb.jpg.6d1a667777be5large.2016-02-17_00001.jpg.dce08cb831a1clarge.2016-02-16_00001.jpg.38d748fe4b942

• Wildcard Community

They do lay eggs (at least in the PC version). The egg offset needs adjusted a bit I think though as the eggs tend to lay inside the dimetrodon so you can't see them most of the time. I can confirm receiving a couple eggs from my one female. I only noticed them though because she was glitching on a ceiling and the eggs didn't. They are in fact laying eggs though. If I remember correctly from getting one last time, they lay in the middle of their body.

10 minutes ago, lilpanda said:

They do lay eggs (at least in the PC version). The egg offset needs adjusted a bit I think though as the eggs tend to lay inside the dimetrodon so you can't see them most of the time. I can confirm receiving a couple eggs from my one female. I only noticed them though because she was glitching on a ceiling and the eggs didn't. They are in fact laying eggs though. If I remember correctly from getting one last time, they lay in the middle of their body.

Have you seen poop?

I am on PC version, unofficial private server with no mods in use. The ONLY time I have gotten eggs is when logging in or breeding. I can baby-sit them all day with their butts hanging through the ceiling (see the middle attached pic) and will get no poop or eggs from any of them. Everything else in the egg farm drops eggs like crazy and I could pick up enough poop to fill a Quetz. The Dimes, not so much.

Just now, Urahaira said:

Have you seen poop?

I am on PC version, unofficial private server with no mods in use. The ONLY time I have gotten eggs is when logging in or breeding. I can baby-sit them all day with their butts hanging through the ceiling (see the middle attached pic) and will get no poop or eggs from any of them. Everything else in the egg farm drops eggs like crazy and I could pick up enough poop to fill a Quetz. The Dimes, not so much.

I tamed one yesterday and so far I did see poop from it but no eggs. 

• Wildcard Community
2 minutes ago, Urahaira said:

Have you seen poop?

I can't recall whether I see poop. I don't hang out with them much but I am pretty sure if they did poop it would be in the same place as where the eggs are and those are essentially inside the dimetrodon. Their egg/poop offset is off a bit so it doesn't really come out of their butt. If you want to experiment with the egg laying area, try breeding them. You will see the glow of the egg but likely no egg. But if you punch them you can see the egg very briefly inside them (you can quickly grab it this way).

26 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

After experimenting with them a bit, it appears you got to get them in over their heads.  I tried various positions along the water line, but with no luck.  Where I have them now, they appear sunk into the river bottom a bit, but, it works.

F3D17D85FA02B03F89CD49BE9AFFF4C01539DAF6

A94A55E33E19AE305ABF167768D8B2B3001A836F

It upsets me that I apparently need water for it to work. I imagine it's a bug with their hitbox (which is what causes them to so rapidly sink through the floor) - even wild dimes can often be found half-sunken into the sand with only their sails sticking out of the floor. 

As well as fixing that bug; similar to Sarcos they could do with having their eggs spawn next to their tail. 

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Urahaira said:

After much experimenting and checking of forums, my Dimes have learned to swim and are no longer constipated. Have gotten 3 eggs today! 

:poop: & :egg:for everyone!!

Congrats.

And I like mine over easy, yolk slightly runny; egg that is...not poop. :D

• Volunteer Moderator

I also agree the game mechanic is a bit messed up.  If you don't have water, you will get very few eggs or will need to try alternate methods(platforms or messing with wilds).

However, for PVP, this might not be bad, as it opens up new game dynamics that could require trade and such.  For PVE, no as much, as people will just build extra bases.

But, with that said, since Dime eggs are only for perfect(or as close as you can get) Galli taming, and the Galli being needed for Beaver and Terror Bird, it is just as easy to skip the dimes and get any old Gallis(female of course, plus the 1 stud) for the eggs.  

You really only need a dime if you want to tame better Gallis or if you need portable ACs that do not require any electricity.

Archived