Guest chancho33015

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Meatmelt said:

Developers don't deserve any hate. The persons who take decisions are not them but who is above them.

Well, there is not many people in Wildcard above Jeremy who is also "lead programmer" so definitely responsible for the game code and for the team who is developing it.

Apart from that, I believe most people here by "developers" mean the company developing this game as a whole. There is more teams in Wildcard not doing their job as they are supposed to - testing and QA apparently doesn't exist. Jat and Jen also are not doing much more for the community than tweeting occasionally. Marketing is not able to prepare interesting promo movie etc etc.

Yes it is. We are customers and expected a bare minimum product quality when we purchased Ark.

You know basic stuff like:

Servers that function properly with enough space for the people in that servers region to find an available serverslot in their preferred game mode (even during primetime)

Character models that clip properly and dont randomly fall through the world.

There is also a basic expectation that if a system is introduced like transfering between maps that the system should work as intended and your character wont randomly vanish or similar...

Accidents happen. Nobody expects things to be perfect and when things DO go wrong and the product malfunctions there is an expectation of CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Deserved? not really. Understandable, most certainly. The problem WC has is that they are in the uncanny valley level of communication with their fans. They do speak now and again, but they'll drop a tiny little package wrapped in the most precious of wrappings and a sparkly little bow, and then when the fans open it, its a magical unicorn!.. but it's got meningitis and a bad case of diarrhoea. People will both ask politely and some rudely why does the unicorn have meningitis and diarrhoea and wild card will respond with look how cute it is! No, I don't think they deserve it, but there needs to be an active form of communication between the fans and devs, if the devs can't do it they need a spokesperson with active knowledge of the happenings that do not go ingonito as much as the current ones we have. While yes people shouldn't whine to the extent the devs can't even produce content or fixes for the game (overwatch), but criticism especially constructive ones shouldn't be censored, else your fan base is going to die (Eternal Crusade)

On 5.11.2017 at 6:04 AM, ScottZ said:

They use an engine they don't have the source code for and their management is too incompetent to spend money in the right places.

Actualy they shoud have the source code. The days of closed sources are long gone. If you buy a lincence for a engine you typicaly get access to the source code. And sure enough on the unreal engine website you find that under "Features" "Full C++ Source Code Included".

I think people should just stopp using official servers. It's the only language most publishers and devs understand. If your player base dropps you are doing something wrong. People can complain but if they keep playing the complains will not be taken seriously.

14 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

Believe it or not I play other games and my life does not revolve Ark and Ark alone. I dont read all the comments on twitter nor do I care to ;p If someone disagrees with me, doesnt see my point of view, etc I still live and thrive. Like I said in my other comment: I doubt the devs lose any sleep over kids screaming at them on forums or tweeting rude comments. They have a great game that just needs some TLC yet and knew years ago they werent gonna please everyone..

I agree, they probably don't lose any sleep over it. Still doesn't make it acceptable.

On 11/6/2017 at 12:41 AM, HalfSlabBacon said:

Your opinion is certainly valid.

However, I specifically mentioned those that are constantly complaining...

There is a difference between constructive criticism, a frustrated outburst, and the flat out abuse directed at the Devs I'm talking about.

Also note, many of us have worn ourselves thin trying to be the voice of reason. Eventually, the patience runs out.

17 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Umm... Have you even read the posts by some people in this thread? Not to mention almost every other thread...

When was the last time you read the comments on Twitter?

First of all people who abuse the devs are banned from here. Second, I'm not so sure you can tell the difference between constructive criticism and the rest. And last, try the "block function on twitter if you need to. On twitter if the devs get harassed too much they can just block the people from replying to their tweets and even seeing their tweets. Then they are gone completely from future conversations. I really think you might need to take a step back and relax a bit. You don't need to be "the voice of reason" around here. Kids venting eventually get bored and leave, but when you egg them on and try to make them feel dumb they just get more mad and stick around longer or worse yet they begin to hate the community and the game.

I personally don't think the devs deserve ANY hate, but they do open themselves up to criticism quite regularly by some of the decisions they make which is regrettable. I just wish they would get more help fixing things like communication and of course the game. I am encouraged by the fact that they hired Eli recently and I really think that's a step in the right direction.

5 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

First of all people who abuse the devs are banned from here. Second, I'm not so sure you can tell the difference between constructive criticism and the rest. And last, try the "block function on twitter if you need to. On twitter if the devs get harassed too much they can just block the people from replying to their tweets and even seeing their tweets. Then they are gone completely from future conversations. I really think you might need to take a step back and relax a bit. You don't need to be "the voice of reason" around here. Kids venting eventually get bored and leave, but when you egg them on and try to make them feel dumb they just get more mad and stick around longer or worse yet they begin to hate the community and the game.

Well thanks for the advice Z0mbie. While I appreciate your point of view and opinion, I'm about 200% sure you miss understand mine, including my motivation and level of relaxation.

Also, appreciated the explanations on how forums and Twitter work.... Now I can finally explain it to the social media team that works for me. ?

Don't take that as a shot, I'm just having fun.

1 hour ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Well thanks for the advice Z0mbie. While I appreciate your point of view and opinion, I'm about 200% sure you miss understand mine, including my motivation and level of relaxation.

Also, appreciated the explanations on how forums and Twitter work.... Now I can finally explain it to the social media team that works for me. ?

only thing im sure of at this point is......your mom brought home the bacon at least once :)

4 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

No problem man...Just trying to make things a bit more civil and relaxed around here...:)

Guest chancho33015
On 11/5/2017 at 10:51 AM, Glerian said:

I guess I would be more sympathetic to the dino cap limit issue if it were incredibly easy and relatively cheap to rent a server to host the game for you. $30.00 a month to rent a dedicated server, split amongst your friends, you can have a dedicated Ark server for as little as 5 bucks a month. Then you don't have to worry about caps, or abusive players, or toxic environment, or lag, etc. I see all this hate but at the end of the day most of the arguments come down to "Yeah but I don't WANT to play on unofficial", which seems kind of silly.

Should Ark host some more official servers? Sure, but if they do get ready to spend a monthly subscription fee, since those things cost money to run. OR you can take your tribe over to a dedicated unofficial server for a few bucks a month and stop complaining, and even get a better experience out of it. Or am I missing something here?

i appreciate your opinion and it is a valid point. However, trying to get people to join in your own server that you are paying 30 a month...is not as easy as you might think. Maybe you have a tight group of friends and i am glad for you that you guys are playing together. But that is not the case for everyone. I have multiple friends that do that...and in the end they stop paying it because sadly in  privately rented servers the global dynamic is boring. It is not as diverse nor is it as fun as meeting new people all the time. But i am an ex pvp...i know toxic. but i am now playing in pve... just for chilling and hanging out with my friends that i have met over the years i have played ark. 

If they do a monthly subscription... i would pay for it... if it means 0 lag, 0 dc, and constantly updating to better performance and addons. but if it doesnt guarantee that...and it is just like it is now... HELL NO lol

5 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

If they do a monthly subscription... i would pay for it... if it means 0 lag, 0 dc, and constantly updating to better performance and addons. but if it doesnt guarantee that...and it is just like it is now... HELL NO lol

Rather than 0 lag and 0 DC's i think what people are looking for is competence. If there is issues with server latency or connectivity over a busy weekend then WC ups their game and buys more bandwidth/architecture or whatever is bottlenecking the game then thats perfectly acceptable and i would keep subscribing.

What is NOT acceptable is for stuff to go bad... then stay bad.. permenantly.

(Like we have atm)

8 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Frustration? Yes.
Hate? Grow up.

Yer look lou you are right hate is too strong a word but thats ultimately semantics.

I guess i read the thread title and substituted "hate" with "dissatisfaction"  or "negative feedback"...

people globally use a lot of different slang and (imo?) Thats what the OP was getting at with the title?

Basically everybody can agree things are NOT on track and the way the company is doing business is unsatisfactory, meanwhile this is not being reflected in any of the PR coming out of WC and many people myself included simply stopped logging in because playing ark with a high ping or being unable to even get a slot or stay connected goes beyond frustration.

1 hour ago, onetwothree said:

Yer look lou you are right hate is too strong a word but thats ultimately semantics.

I guess i read the thread title and substituted "hate" with "dissatisfaction"  or "negative feedback"...

people globally use a lot of different slang and (imo?) Thats what the OP was getting at with the title?

Basically everybody can agree things are NOT on track and the way the company is doing business is unsatisfactory, meanwhile this is not being reflected in any of the PR coming out of WC and many people myself included simply stopped logging in because playing ark with a high ping or being unable to even get a slot or stay connected goes beyond frustration.

A first step in conveying dissatisfaction about the product is by putting things in perspective and using proper terms and feedback.

Don't use words like "everyone".
You don't speak for everyone, none of us do.
Always stick to personal experiences, or tribe experiences if speaking for your tribe.

Something a lot of people seem to miss...

But I definitely promote people posting constructive feedback. There's issues on Official and in general that Wildcard needs to address. 

On 11/7/2017 at 6:32 AM, Z0mbie said:

I personally don't think the devs deserve ANY hate, but they do open themselves up to criticism quite regularly by some of the decisions they make which is regrettable. I just wish they would get more help fixing things like communication and of course the game. I am encouraged by the fact that they hired Eli recently and I really think that's a step in the right direction.

I agree. It was nice to see that they bothered to actually hire someone in the hopes of improving the situation. I have yet to see any actual changes due to Eli's addition but maybe sometime in the future we'll start seeing something positive come of it.

I think disapproval of many of the actions of the people of Wildcard is justified. Screaming bloody murder about hitting the server tame cap isn't.

4 hours ago, Olivar said:

A first step in conveying dissatisfaction about the product is by putting things in perspective and using proper terms and feedback.

Don't use words like "everyone".
You don't speak for everyone, none of us do.
Always stick to personal experiences, or tribe experiences if speaking for your tribe.

Something a lot of people seem to miss...

But I definitely promote people posting constructive feedback. There's issues on Official and in general that Wildcard needs to address. 

I certainly dont claim to speak for anybody but myself.

The "everyBODY" above was meant more as a summation of the general sentiment being expressed by the other customers in pretty much every single way feedback can be registered. From the reviews customers leave on steam, through to forum posts and the number of players still logging on.

Its nice that some people have found a niche for themselves playing a cut down version of ark in a semi-public unofficial or in singeplayer or whatever but, those alternatives to official are not what the vast majority of customers are playing when they load ark (and as such really arnt relevant to the conversation)

Just now, onetwothree said:

I certainly dont claim to speak for anybody but myself.

The "everyBODY" above was meant more as a summation of the general sentiment being expressed by the other customers in pretty much every single way feedback can be registered. From the reviews customers leave on steam, through to forum posts and the number of players still logging on.

Its nice that some people have found a niche for themselves playing a cut down version of ark in a semi-public unofficial or in singeplayer or whatever but, those alternatives to official are not what the vast majority of customers are playing when they load ark (and as such really arnt relevant to the conversation)

"vast majority of customer".
Every, single poll ran so far has shown the vast majority to be playing on unofficial.
So I'd like to see some evidence for this before believing that the vast majority is playing anywhere.
The evidence I've seen so far contradicts this statement, so unless you have better info....

On 11/6/2017 at 10:47 AM, JetJaguar said:

...we truly shouldnt be here two years later re-discussing these issues which were never or remotely addressed over time. Yeah yeah yeah: "we're aware of it" but theres always something else, something bigger thats being worked on that none of these issues can be addressed: In the past the big concern was getting the game finished, THEN the issues could be looked at...or it was finishing up the improvements to servers, then the issues could be looked at....or it was fixing some "ground breaking bugs" and then the issues could be looked at. Now in 2017 its become: working on the xpac. Always something just dropping the priority of junk like kibble reworks, tamed dino cap issues, etc...

The decision to focus on content over play-ability and stability for all platforms was a poor project management decision.  It should have been addressed two years ago when it became apparent that it was a poor project management decision.  Instead the project team continued to charge forward, following a broken design calendar and refusing to hear any form of criticism of their plans.

this is what led to the current state of disregard for the project team.

3 hours ago, Olivar said:

"vast majority of customer".
Every, single poll ran so far has shown the vast majority to be playing on unofficial.
So I'd like to see some evidence for this before believing that the vast majority is playing anywhere.
The evidence I've seen so far contradicts this statement, so unless you have better info....

Nail on the head dude. What you are calling out here is the root cause of a large amount of the toxicity we've been seeing in the various Ark forums. Many of the "complaints" you can find people making about the game are wildly exaggerated, and in more than a few cases they're outright lies. At this point I can only assume is that the folks who act like they are victims of nefarious intents and evil conspiracies just do it because they want attention. Honestly, it's the only thing that - to me - begins to explain the mindset. The more angry and spiteful the "complaint," the more exaggerated (or embellished to outright fantasy) the accused transgressions become.

But that's not what truly frustrates me...these people will always exist. (Think about the person who comes to mind when I bring up the "I'd like to speak with a manager" haircut.) To me, the frustrating part about this is how the incessant embellishment and histrionics end up drowning out constructive criticisms made by level-headed customers who just want to see the game improve. It's annoying to watch legitimate complaints overshadowed by people acting as if Wildcard devs are the worst thing that's happened to humanity since...well...you know. And adding insult to injury, this stuff is coming primarily from "grown-ups." 

i stopped playing official after 1 month. due to its many problems that i wont go into detail over. i would have quit but i found out i could host my own and avoid official. so i bought another xbox and hosted my own. that was in feb.. 

during that time i had prolly 4 - 5 data corruptions with most of them happening because of a update. during that stretch there was a entire month that xbox dedis were broken and couldnt be loaded.

the only reason i didnt quit was because crossplay was coming soon....... it was always not far off and as the date approached it got postponed. several times . stringing me along.

that was the main cause of my frustration. 

after it got delayed this last time i had enough. i shut my server down and i will not play ark till wc fixes their communication problem. 

i have a built pc ready for when they do.

Archived