Guest chancho33015

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DJRone89
14 minutes ago, Carnage08 said:

I have mixed feelings about this game. The game is quite a lot of fun and yet frustrating. Even after taking a break you always seem to get that ARK itch. However, look at WC's history. A DLC in early access (who does that?) which was rumored to be due to Jeremy being sued for millions of dollars from his previous company, hundreds of PC servers culled for console servers, PVE servers reaching tame limits within less than a month due to such few servers which were constantly 70/70 (dino caps has been an issue since 2015), we have to use other sites for information such as twitter instead of the official forums, NEVER on time for ETAs (Yes, it's an ETA but they can't even start a stream on time lmao and look at their first OFFICIAL release date lol they had to push that back just like they're pushing Aberration back). This game honestly has potential. But with the lack of response from WC, it feels like they don't care about the community, which is a shame. 

There are many issues with the game itself but I’d like to think the devs are fully aware of what they can fix due to the flow of patches, and what they can’t straight away (or at all) due to engine limitations.

Despite the flawes, if the communication was better relayed then I truly believe people wouldn’t be as negative about it.

However, the devs need to stick to one platform (this site) for all responses. Why they can’t just pool everything into one place so that the community managers can then relay that information into posts and news articles is beyond me.

If they respond to a query on another platform, make sure it’s known on this site if it’s worth noting, because this is their official forum. I shouldn’t have to look across Twitter, Steam, and Reddit. Not everyone knows about Arkdevtracker.com but they shouldn’t have to.

16 minutes ago, Carnage08 said:

Dino caps did exist in 2015. Do you even Ark dude? Lol 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/535151589901264565/

A forum post from the few people that actually knew about the game back then... That's the best you got??? Really????

Were you trying to base this as your agument????

203.1 (Aug 25, 2015): Defaulted max tamed dinos to 5000 up from 3700

or when they raised it a couple days later???

204.0 (Aug 28, 2015): Max Tamed Dino cap on Official Servers properly raised to 5500

I've gotta say trying to use a cap like that as your argument when it hit a couple months after EA release is pretty weak sauce.

That cap which 99% didn't know or care about never changed until when???? 

When did Dino cap actually become a thing??? You know, when players actually knew the servers had one.....

255.0 (Feb 26, 2017): Added option for per-Tribe Dino Tame limit, enabling on Official PvE servers with a max of 500 Dinos Per Tribe (with on-screen indicator of Tribe Dino count). To use it, run with ?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=Number

Yes, I Ark... You however, jury's out! Good effort though!

I still believe, that longer 2x instead of that 5x, 6x could work better, and new servers. Ppl payed for this game money. I mean in early acces 30EUR, but at release 60EUR. We all see, that many -many ppl playing ARK. That means lot of ppl payed for enjoying this nice game. If i pay for something, than i want something for my money.  So I can't believe, that Devs cant start new servers, with lower playerbase. 50 instead of 70. So maybe dinocap would be not a problem. Who wants to go to a crowded server? Nobody. If u see, there are "only" 25 ppl playing everyday on the same server, than it is enough to cooperate, etc. With private servers they dont have the problems like official servers, but I dont trust on private servers. U build something, have 200 dinos, u are breeding, and if u are near to your goal with breeding, than the owner of the private server turns that off... Because he goes and plays something else. What than?

Guest chancho33015
Normally you have more than 1 point when you start a list. Also, events are your biggest issue with this game? 
Obviously not. Events should be good...right? However, what good is an official event x7 if all servers are overpopulated? In other words...means nothing to have x7 if you can't play, grow, or do anything, right?
But that is just one of may problems the terrible handling of the developers or whoever is doing the balancing of the game. That person is not doing a good job!

I think we can agree on that...right?
Also, how come the Halloween event was crap compare to the ones in beta stage and alpha stage of the game?

Just... terrible. Yet..on their live streams developers don't address those issues.

Jen is always talking about dam cute dinos that don't add anything to the game...or Jat doing his best impression of a politician by avoiding the questions that all gamers of ark need to be address.

That is what I mean.

Not to mention...this charity event is supposed to give you an opportunity after you give to do more...taming, growing, and building...righ, so...what good is that if all servers are capped? Lol

Guest chancho33015
Nice, another thread complaining about the devs. How about you release your own game and see if you can make better? Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of disappointments with this game but came to a point that I believe complaining is not a solution. And for the ones complaining about daily updates, you should be grateful that they keep updating a product you already bought. And this is very simple, if I buy something I don't like, I ask for a refund and if the expiration date is over, I throw it to the garbage. You don't like the game? Or its developers? Go play minecraft.

Again, don't get me wrong. I'm not supporting Wildcard's practices, I'm just pointing out that these kind of threads are redundant.

Be sure to facepalm this post! Let's aim for at least a thousand, c'mon!

Well, if "you" the gamer don't complain to the "developer" then they would be doing even worst. They know that if they don't deliver... if they ever want to put a new game...people will not buy it. So I think it is imperative that they understand that there is a lot of bad things they are doing for them not to suck like this in the future.

If they don't know that they are doing something wrong...someone or all people should let them know.

Also, just see where not complaining about a bad candidate got us in the USA lol

Case closed! Lol

I guess I would be more sympathetic to the dino cap limit issue if it were incredibly easy and relatively cheap to rent a server to host the game for you. $30.00 a month to rent a dedicated server, split amongst your friends, you can have a dedicated Ark server for as little as 5 bucks a month. Then you don't have to worry about caps, or abusive players, or toxic environment, or lag, etc. I see all this hate but at the end of the day most of the arguments come down to "Yeah but I don't WANT to play on unofficial", which seems kind of silly.

Should Ark host some more official servers? Sure, but if they do get ready to spend a monthly subscription fee, since those things cost money to run. OR you can take your tribe over to a dedicated unofficial server for a few bucks a month and stop complaining, and even get a better experience out of it. Or am I missing something here?

I've played this game since mid beta on SP official PVP and official PVE. Both legacy and new official. I'm on xbox and have never had any serious issues. I play about 40 hrs per week. I've never lost a Dino or char and although I've had and seen plenty of lag and bugs none of them deter me from what is generally a great experience. There is no other game on xbox that comes close to ark. Devs have made a great game.

Ofcourse it's deserved. People wouldn't feel the need to complain if Wildcard didn't pull half the crap they do. Can some of the anger be blown undeservedly out of proportion? Sure, but let's not. sit. here and pretend that blind fervent fanboyism doesn't flare up just as frequently. Thanks to a mixture of too manu missed deadlines, certain things they said would happen that didn't, piss poor optimization, and disliking too many of their design decisions the base game is all I will ever own. Not giving bad companies your money and frequently letting them know why to increase the chance of them seeing is probably the single best way to bring about change.

I think most of the problems that players complain about could be diminished if only the developers would communicate to the players much much much better than they currently do... explaining where things are, what you're working on, and realistic obtainable due dates probably would alleviate most complaints. I think we all understand there will be and are problems with the game we just want to understand what's happening with them...

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Lucifina said:

I think most of the problems that players complain about could be diminished if only the developers would communicate to the players much much much better than they currently do... explaining where things are, what you're working on, and realistic obtainable due dates probably would alleviate most complaints. I think we all understand there will be and are problems with the game we just want to understand what's happening with them...

Not really. I mean, when they gives us info, and that things goes wrong and there is delays or some features cannot be released due to engine limitation or anything, they gets called out. If they don't give info, or ETA, etc. the community is sure feeling in the dark but at least they don't have expectation. Players tends to take ETA and "we will see how it goes" statements as pure cash and then cry if for whatever reasons it goes a different route so I cannot blame them. Just take in example the ETA for the DLC, I'm fairly sure they are not delaying its release for some BS reasons. But players are still crying about it and I can't blame them either. They said it was releasing in october, and then got delayed. But if it was first advertised as a generic "coming soon", nobody would have been disappointed and would be happy when it is out.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Just take in example the ETA for the DLC... if it was first advertised as a generic "coming soon", nobody would have been disappointed and would be happy when it is out.

THIS! Soo much!

If they had someone that actually understood Marketing and PR, they wouldn't advertise dates until they were firm!

Also, no seasoned Marketing vet would've allowed them to even mention the current DLC when they did.

All that accomplished was killing the hype around the base game's release, and in turn, the sales. Not to mention, by the time The DLC hits, its hype will be dead as well... Talk about how NOT to do product launches!

They should've kept their mouths shut about Aberration till December. Then full on media blitz right before Christmas.... You know, the highest sales period for games!

9 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

wow...

Not only did they exist, our server was one of them that reached it fairly quickly. Do some digging around on the Ark Steam forums from 2015..

If the server hit 5500 Dino's, then it had bigger issues then that cap... The players.

I was around back then, it's wasn't an issue like it is today... It only became a common issue this year after the patch I referenced. 

19 hours ago, Carnage08 said:

I have mixed feelings about this game. The game is quite a lot of fun and yet frustrating. Even after taking a break you always seem to get that ARK itch. However, look at WC's history. A DLC in early access (who does that?) which was rumored to be due to Jeremy being sued for millions of dollars from his previous company, hundreds of PC servers culled for console servers, PVE servers reaching tame limits within less than a month due to such few servers which were constantly 70/70 (dino caps has been an issue since 2015), we have to use other sites for information such as twitter instead of the official forums, NEVER on time for ETAs (Yes, it's an ETA but they can't even start a stream on time lmao and look at their first OFFICIAL release date lol they had to push that back just like they're pushing Aberration back). This game honestly has potential. But with the lack of response from WC, it feels like they don't care about the community, which is a shame. 

The dlc was created before the lawsuit was even a thing and was planned to launch with the original release date for the game. The including of player suggestions and more content than originally planned made it miss the original date and they decided to release it around the same time anyway. 

40 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

If the server hit 5500 Dino's, then it had bigger issues then that cap... The players.

I was around back then, it's wasn't an issue like it is today... It only became a common issue this year after the patch I referenced. 

I dont blame the players. How can you? This game was designed around PVP period. Little to no thought was given for PVE. Imagine prior to 2015, a group of developers sitting around a table tossing out ideas and concepts. Did it ever pop into someone's head how PVE would play out in a game that encourages/advertises/and is based around taming dinosaurs? What would people do where there isnt PVP? How would "populations" be kept in check? Take note of the biggest and longest ongoing MMO: Warcraft. One of the biggest and popular things to do in WoW is collect. Collect achievements. Collect pets. Collect MOUNTS. Look at the old Steam forums and the countless threads and suggestions for dinos to be added to the game. Did anyone for one second, stop and think, "well hmmm, maybe people will want to get a bunch of dinosaurs like they do mounts in other games".

Couple all of this with the entire breeding setup: imprinting, breeding stats for boss fights, mutations, etc. Everything screams: Get tons of dinos! Get a bunch!

In the early days of the beta, servers had a 60 player cap that went up to 70. There was no tribe limit on how many dinos you could own. Hell, my old PVE server back then had 15 players on at "peek" time. No fields of pillars; a few foundations around but the game was so new people didnt really start acting spitefully. Least, not on my server.

But coming back to the point: So people "collected" dinos. People did exactly what the game encouraged them to do. Cant blame all the lag on the number of tamed dinos; some of the elaborate and outrageously big buildings and bases create a ton of lag as well.

When that early meeting of developers occurred and ideas were tossed around, absolutely PVE should have been examined and the issues of caps and how to work with it, addressed. Here we are two years later: Still caps, no limit to people on servers, no region locks, still lag/rubberbanding off and on, no change to kibble and the need for egg farms, no imprinting or breeding updates, etc. And then problems are all still here glaring week after week. We shouldnt be here two years later discussing problems that were problems back in the beta.

I dont blame the players at all; they purchased the game and did what it advertised: tamed and bred dinos. 

3 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

Couple all of this with the entire breeding setup: imprinting, breeding stats for boss fights, mutations, etc. Everything screams: Get tons of dinos! Get a bunch!

In the early days of the beta, servers had a 60 player cap that went up to 70. There was no tribe limit on how many dinos you could own. Hell, my old PVE server back then had 15 players on at "peek" time. No fields of pillars; a few foundations around but the game was so new people didnt really start acting spitefully. Least, not on my server.

But coming back to the point: So people "collected" dinos. People did exactly what the game encouraged them to do. Cant blame all the lag on the number of tamed dinos; some of the elaborate and outrageously big buildings and bases create a ton of lag as well.

When that early meeting of developers occurred and ideas were tossed around, absolutely PVE should have been examined and the issues of caps and how to work with it, addressed. Here we are two years later: Still caps, no limit to people on servers, no region locks, still lag/rubberbanding off and on, no change to kibble and the need for egg farms, no imprinting or breeding updates, etc. And then problems are all still here glaring week after week.

I dont blame the players at all; they purchased the game and did what it advertised: tamed and bred dinos.

Ironically, now you mention the servers I remember back then AND when/why things changed...

The game back then ran so poorly I could hardly see a server hit half that 5500 Mark before it crashed.

That was old times, still mostly stone/wood builds, people tamed their Dino's. We didn't have massive breeding farms, and kibble farms were a fraction of the size they are now.

Heck the only dino limit issue I remember was the old "you have too many tames" bug. That got fixed.

The real issues with overpopulation of both players and Dino's started with opening clusters and adding the breeding/mutation mechanics.

Then when the actual dino cap hit in February to combat the problem, that's when everyone started freaking out.

I don't blame the players for playing the game as advertised either. I do however expect a little restraint and responsibility on my servers. I also think everyone should behave that way on any server... It's your home, care for it, don't destroy it.

Little things like killing off unneeded Dino's from breeding lines & community kibble farms make a big difference.

Granted, the servers just shouldn't be at 70 players anymore. The current game can't take it. That part is on Wildcard for sure.

21 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I really can't argue with your thought process at all here. It's completely accurate and logical.

I would like to say I understand the point made though.

Too many people on these forums are on a toxic Wildcard hate train. It just plain needs to stop.

The suggestion that if you're not happy with a game and its developers, you should just stop playing and move on... Hell that's on point my friend!

I'm well known to be critical of Wildcards faults, so you can't say I'm a fan boy. Thing is, let's be real and call a spade a spade.

If you're constantly complaining about a game and its devs, yet still keep playing it, are you really unhappy with the game????

I think not! That behaviour to me indicates someone is just a whiney, attention seeking whore.

Waiting for the ban on that last one, but it needed to be said.

While I agree there are a lot of kids around here that vent horribly I wish people would stop putting everyone that brings up a problem in the whiny baby category like you do. I can tell you that it certainly doesn't help when people like you call others names and try to make them feel stupid. You want to solve part of the toxicity problem? Look in the mirror.

i believe that anyone who spends money on a product has the right to express their opinion on that product.

i feel that , weather the feed back is constructive or not, the devs can grasp if their customer is happy or not and get an idea of the area of the game there customer is talking about.

if they are getting many negitive comments in any one area they can focus on that area.

so all feedback is useful to a certin extent. if 95 percent of feedback doesn't go into detail its ok cuz the other 5 did and devs can use that info.

what really bothers me is fanboys who put down people for expressing themselves because they dont agree. just because you dont agree , doesnt mean you have the right or athority to dictate to others if they can express their opinion or not.

20 hours ago, Meshi said:

To answer original question. I don't think that hate of ark devs is well deserved. Most problems people are constantly whining out are problems of minority players on official servers. I am happy that devs are still fixing, tweaking and adding into game. 

I disagree. The problem is the majority of the player base sees that WC is working almost exclusively on Aberation and the other DLC coming out after that when they really should be trying to iron out some of these long standing bugs and tweaking game play. It was almost as if they skipped the final step before going to full release and it seems quite insane. 

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, IamTANK said:

what really bothers me is fanboys who put down people for expressing themselves because they dont agree. just because you dont agree , doesnt mean you have the right or athority to dictate to others if they can express their opinion or not.

This is kinda paradoxical, isn't it? You want to be able to express your opinion without "fanboys" (your word) giving theirs back because it doesn't match yours? Can we give our opinion about your opinion just like you give yours on ours or is that Guantanamo worthy?

1 minute ago, Z0mbie said:

I disagree. The problem is the majority of the player base sees that WC is working almost exclusively on Aberation and the other DLC coming out after that when they really should be trying to iron out some of these long standing bugs and tweaking game play. It was almost as if they skipped the final step before going to full release and it seems quite insane. 

its sure does. its like they couldnt delay anymore so they cut workload by postponing things. like , xbox rented servers, dino tlc pass, kibble rework,crossplay, updating the building system and prolly a bunch of stuff im not even thinking of.  a lot of these things were thought to be done before release. so i think you are correct.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This is kinda paradoxical, isn't it? You want to be able to express your opinion without "fanboys" (your word) giving theirs back because it doesn't match yours? Can we give our opinion about your opinion just like you give yours on ours or is that Guantanamo worthy?

No it's not paradoxical. People giving feedback about the game is "about the game".  Fanboys giving feedback about those giving feedback about the game is harassment and not about the game at all.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

im not saying you have to agree but people go out of their way to make fun of and tell people they are dumb and their opinion dnt matter. thats what im talking about. 

Archived