Trying to increase my server’s population

Running a PvP PC hosted server and having a hard time getting people in. Any ideas on what types of settings I could use to help keep people interest? Have things boosted right now(too high for my taste) instant hatching, instant leveling etc. all based on some guy’s ideas that had joined for a few days claiming he could fill it. Obviously I was dumb and listened to the guy so now I’m just looking for any serious ideas from people. The server is posted in a different post so I won’t double up putting the name on here. Just looking for some help I love playing this game just getting bored playing alone.

• Consistency is key.
  • Networking using all mediums such as these forums, reddits, and PSN communities to pitch your ideas.
  • Use these mediums within the paramaters of their rules - if this  forum says you can only post every 24 hours, try to do it every 24 hours 
  • Have a theme in mind - what kind of server do you want to host?
  • See what's popular but also keep your fresh ideas in mind.
  • Don't budge too far on your original vision but do listen to reasonable feedback
  • Set up a PSN community and a Discord for people to coordinate with

There is no quick way other than invested passion and hard work. 

Good luck.

5 hours ago, SailorDak said:
  • Consistency is key.
  • Networking using all mediums such as these forums, reddits, and PSN communities to pitch your ideas.
  • Use these mediums within the paramaters of their rules - if this  forum says you can only post every 24 hours, try to do it every 24 hours 
  • Have a theme in mind - what kind of server do you want to host?
  • See what's popular but also keep your fresh ideas in mind.
  • Don't budge too far on your original vision but do listen to reasonable feedback
  • Set up a PSN community and a Discord for people to coordinate with

There is no quick way other than invested passion and hard work. 

Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback, the one kid that had joined saying he was a “youtuber” and everything had us completely changed our settings around to something that would be fun for maybe a few hrs while you built up but no “longevity” if you know what I mean. And he had asked for the admin code for in case he had to “maybe spawn a feww narcotics” or something to help their streams. And in case they had to ban chat trolls but myself and my buddy that run it found their base fully teked out. Which with the setting he could’ve argued that they did boss fights for the engrams and element etc. except there wasn’t a replicator to be found and one of their guys had 2 stacks of tek ramps on him along with stacks of behemoth tek gates so obviously they were spawned in. Needless to say mistakes were made and their items were wiped along with admin privileges removed lol(they haven’t been on since)can’t name the person on here I know so I won’t. hoping to get everything back to more reasonably fun but somewhat challenging levels today. But anyways thanks again for the feedback. Im sure you’re set in a server already but if not and you and any friends want in lemme kno!

I run the most popular servers on unofficial.
For me, it's not having all silly rules, mine are almost official (almost none)  but i have custom supply drops, level 180 dinos, custom xp levels/engrams, breeding etc and do not impose rules like "dont kill passive tames" - or "no brontos"  because people just use these as excuses when their tames get killed or whatever.

I don't really move on many suggestions, as many will only benefit the person who suggests it. I've changed bits n pieces here and there, based on feedback... but i run my servers they way i think they should be, and that's why they are full everyday - all four servers 70 to 100 player ones at that.

I found insta tame and insta hatching isn't liked by the majority of players either. Mine is slower but not as slow as official. Some people enjoy breeding but if everyone can do it quickly then it's a bit of a turn off.
Also i have 4 servers on a cluster and there is only 1 admin and sometimes my friend on weekends, so it helps that there aren't to much admins imo.

Love the feedback too. I host a server and having difficulty getting active players who aren't either tweekers or some other form of unwanted players. 

I've just started advertising on here. Before that it was Facebook and amino. Perhaps I'll have more luck here.

My server is hybrid PvP/0PvE with a white flag system, open PvP in desert biomes, and minor boosts and a festival grounds where you can earn extra items and tames. We use prime+ (which I'm getting the feeling a lot of players are unfamiliar with) on the Ragnarok map.

Any suggestions?

If you wanna play in a crowded server, then find a crowded server from the list where someone else pay the 50$ to nitrado every month. 

But if you MUST host it yourself, it seems that bribes like wyverns or utility dinos makes some ppl join. The downside is the quality of the players you will end up with playing on a server that offers that. You will most likely just end up with loud-in-chat kids and noobs who never gets anywhere in the game. 

Personally i just play with my friend on my server, and idc if ppl dislike my multipliers. If i cared about population, I'd def. find someone elses crowded server .

Archived