Whats your favorite map?

TheSnives

Ive been playing on ragnarok recently since it' the newest map and has scorched earth areas, but when I went back to the center I realized how much cooler the center look than ragnarok. So whats your favorite map? 

Like I said, mine would be the center. It's bigger and has more features than the island, yet it has more interesting scenery than ragnarok. I just love that tropical fantasy feel that the center has. I think scorched earth and ragnarok are tied for my second most favorite. SE has such cool scenery and the environment is so different. But I like ragnarok cuz it's got loads of features and so many biomes. I just wish It wasn't so big though since getting anywhere on an argy takes so long.

3 minutes ago, TheSnives said:

Ive been playing on ragnarok recently since it' the newest map and has scorched earth areas, but when I went back to the center I realized how much cooler the center look than ragnarok. So whats your favorite map? 

Like I said, mine would be the center. It's bigger and has more features than the island, yet it has more interesting scenery than ragnarok. I just love that tropical fantasy feel that the center has. I think scorched earth and ragnarok are tied for my second most favorite. SE has such cool scenery and the environment is so different. But I like ragnarok cuz it's got loads of features and so many biomes. I just wish It wasn't so big though since getting anywhere on an argy takes so long.

Personally for me ive loved scorched ever since the day it came out. Ive played mostly on the center but when i think about it ive had the most fun on scorched

As crazy as it seems, my favorite is the island. I don’t know why, but there’s something nice about simplicity. The center’s probably my 2nd fav, like what @TheSnives said I really dig the tropical/tiki fantasy look, but  there’s too much ocean imo, I hate the ocean lol. Ragnorok is beautiful, but a bit too large and it needs some more heavily forested areas to hide in (which is why I prefer the island and the center). Scorched earth is the best map in terms of views, some of my fondest ark moments happened while standing on one of those huge spike things by the canyons and looking at the sunset. I’d have to put scorched earth at the bottom of my list tho, as the landscape and biomes get boring and repetitive after a while.

I love the island. It has by far the most natural feel. The biomes make sense where they are and how they transition. Ragnorok and Center really feel blocky and less finished. Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful. I often tell people about Rag and Center they look like they were created by artists and not game designers.

I also find a lot of geometry glitches on those two maps I don't find on Island or SE. If the Island was bigger and had Center's cave systems I would probably never leave.

Not sure. This is a really good question. For me its between Ragnarok or The Island. For the progressive side of the game I love the fact that the Island is smaller more compact, I can walk almost anywhere in a reasonable period of time, like to any cave to get an artifact needed for progression. It makes progression in terms of story much easier being able to get all over the place quickly. Also like it for nostalgia, first map I played on as it was the only one at the time. So many good memories.

Love Ragnarok as its so big, beautiful  and large. Love all the little caves behind waterfalls and all the ruins. So much wilderness to explore not to mention it has almost everything in terms of content from standard ark to the scorched content (apart from assention). LOVE THE SCENARY :D

Love Scorched Earth in terms of DLC, much harder in terms of survival and love the feel of it. In terms of the map, I like it but I just hate the fact that its a very monotonous landscape in terms of habitat and biomes. For me I like the variation in biomes of the other maps and love jumping between the biomes on the other maps, say one minute I am in the Redwoods next I am in the cold north. Am deffinatly a temperate biome type of guy  Its too samey for me on Scorched. 

The Center is a beautiful map, I just dont have much experience of playing it, so I could probably rate it higher.

2 hours ago, Shadex said:

If the Island was bigger and had Center's cave systems I would probably never leave.

I agree but also add some of ragnaroks buildable caves as well 

I personally play a mix of the island and  rag but I sometimes visit the centre don’t own SE fave is probably rag then island then centre

I still love The Island, but am totally leaning towards Ragnarok.

I've tried to not spend much time on my Rag servers until I start playing the map for YouTube. So technically my final vote isn't in yet. 

Never really cared that much for The Center or Scorched. I always found Scorched more of a secondary for resources and Dino's. The Center, while pretty, I just find poorly laid out for actual game play.

Volcano and Crystal Isles are both amazing, but still need a lot of work.

I wonder if Aberration will change my rankings?

Archived