Patch 273.62 question Unlock all Engrams

Raale

What exactly does this mean?  Does this mean the server will auto-adjust the engram points a player would get so they can get all the engrams that's available on the server which includes the core game engrams and engrams from mods?  Or do we still need to have the engram points override settings in the game ini?

v273.62
- New server options to auto-unlock specific or all Engrams (all Engrams will also use the Engram level Override settings, if any):
Game.ini

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
bAutoUnlockAllEngrams=true

Ya, that's what I was wondering about.  Because it's a bit confusing when it says all engrams would be unlocked, but we know that if we went by vanilla settings, it isn't possible to get all engrams, especially if we have more engrams from mods.  Which is why my question was if it somehow does the calculation of the total engram points needed and made it's own override list, or using the one we made.

1 minute ago, Raale said:

Ya, that's what I was wondering about.  Because it's a bit confusing when it says all engrams would be unlocked, but we know that if we went by vanilla settings, it isn't possible to get all engrams, especially if we have more engrams from mods.  Which is why my question was if it somehow does the calculation of the total engram points needed and made it's own override list, or using the one we made.

My point exactly.

It looks to work with the other settings, not override them. Which makes more sense.

For example, in a PVP environment, I'm sure many would like to have Auto unlock for all building engrams, but at a cost. That way you still have to define roles within tribes and pick which other engrams you spend points on.

PVE however, may wish to provide enough points for everything, and have every engram unlock so you don't have to waist time in the menu.

Archived