Why do you play Ark?

Panatheous

Since I've joined this forum I have noticed quite a lot of the community is upset with how things are going. I want to know, "What brings you to play Ark?".

I am sure that this thread will be met with negativity, but discussion brings understanding and understanding brings change.

Do you play because you want the most massive dinosaur horde ever!? Do you play to own the oceans and tame the terrifying Tuso? Do you enjoy breeding Jerboas because they are so cute it hurts? Let's talk about why you play Ark!

I play because I really enjoy hanging out with my friends and a constant progression towards a goal. We are always pushing for that next step, ice cave, lava cave, boss fights, etc.

I enjoy the fact that every day I get on and put work towards the next goal and when we finally achieve it we start right back up on the next one. At the end of the day I can look at my tribe's base and just stand in awe of all the work we have put in to get this far.

@CobraD Yeah lol that's the exact reason I play PvP!

@Meshi I agree, it's probably one of the best games for multiple friends to really work together on.

@Oldster I have never really cared for graphics, but I know Ark can get crazy detailed if you have a good PC! I hate the grind to get everything, but once you have it, it's just that much more valuable do to all the hard work you put in to get it! I always get my adrenaline pumping when I get into a really good PvP fight!

I've been gaming for over 27 years and have played my fair share of truly great games. ARK has almost all the ingredients of what I need now days to satisfy my hunger and passion for gaming. 1. OPEN WORLD and with cross ark play I get multiple open world's to play.
2. BUILDING AND IMPROVING A HOME I have always loved having a base of operations in games and even better I get to build my own in ark.
3.DEPTH AND GRIND.
I love the multiple layers on ark from simple taming and grinding to in depth breeding programs and building a kibble farm to get those 150 perfect tames.
4. VISUALLY STUNNING. I've played over 2000hrs and yesterday I still got a kick flying down redwood river on my dragon skimming the water and watching the wildlife do its thing.
I could go on and on. I know ark has plenty of faults too but I don't know of another game out there on XBOX that could possibly offer me all the things ark does.

1 hour ago, Panatheous said:

I play because I really enjoy hanging out with my friends and a constant progression towards a goal. We are always pushing for that next step, ice cave, lava cave, boss fights, etc.

I enjoy the fact that every day I get on and put work towards the next goal and when we finally achieve it we start right back up on the next one. At the end of the day I can look at my tribe's base and just stand in awe of all the work we have put in to get this far.

this guy :)

I play ark singleplayer so it's always been my way to relax and pass time. I've  never done any bossfights and I've only tried a cave or two so I don't play for the thrill (I play rainbow six for that). I don't really have a main reason to play ark, I just start a new world, progress and build up a base full of dinos, then by that time wildcard usually has released a new map or dlc so I start all over again on the new map. I love ark for the graphics and the idea of having colossal dinos fighting even more colossal dinos. I also have a habit of beginning a really big base but then never finishing it.

I’m a full-fledged Ark addict because as a single-player I realized I was able to adjust my server settings to create a peaceful, relaxing environment to go to when I’m having a hard time. I’ve struggled with anxiety and depression for most of my life, and I found that Ark provided an escape and relief.

I can build my sanctuaries and retreat there whenever I need to and find peace and happiness.

Mostly I love building giant bases and breeding. I own Ark on all three platforms so that I can designate certain games to say, focus exclusively on my dimorphodon bloodlines. And others to experiment with breeding other creatures. One to raising wyverns. Another where I don’t have 100+ tame slots already allocated to one kind of creature. Going out walking, hunting with my birds.

Ark is an amazing game that has really been a wonderful and beneficial part of my life. And that’s why I play.

The game really gets me into the flow.

The fact that there are many games in one and I can choose various types of gameplay depending on my mood.

In the past I played on pvp servers, then pve,  after that I had a break for a year and now came back and solo'd a char to level 100. Which I enjoyed.

But I missed the bitter tang of playing on a pvp server against psychopaths who would kill me for a few berries.

Currently looking for a pvp to play on.

Hello,

I have horses and every game with a saddle is interesting. ARK made my day. Crafting, building and saddles. But it was scary for a long time and still I every step must be planned in ARK to survive.

Simply love this game. Many of my fears are gone. For example I could not look at snakes now I have one in my ARK house, no problem.

Regards,

Ariana

Archived