What S+ are you looking forward to?

SmokeyB

So I'm hearing that they are making structures plus part of official ark.  I'm in xbox so have never seen it,  it sounds good but my main Question is if a mod of this scale is added to the game will it require a server wipe?  I'm guessing it changes enough stuff that something will get deleted,  if it will require a server wipe then are we all playing for nothing at the moment?  And if that's true then why didnt they release it with the release of the game?

With structures + coming out, and as someone else said I've never actually seen any of it as a Xbox player I'm looking to the fellow survivors that have knowledge of it and what they *hope* to see be implemented into the core game.

On that note I did watch a YT guy hatching eggs on what looked like a hay stack.

I assume something like that would be a bit too op as wouldn't require ACs.

(Please leave a small description of whatever your looking forward to so as everyone who doesn't know what it is, will atleast know what it does! Thanks everyone)

Having used it on private servers after building with vanilla items, S+ should not require a server wipe.

But most likely will require for players to manually replace every piece of a building by S+ items (because I don't think there will be a possible conversion).

And, in the end, it all depends on how the devs decide to implement it. My personal opinion is something along these lines : 

1) Devs says no server wipe

2) S+ update rolls out

3) Many people complain latest patch destroyed their base

4) Global rollback to pre-patch

5 ???

When the announced it at TwitchCon, they did say that some features would be disabled in official servers due to balance issues, but they would be adding configurable options to allow for unofficial servers to turn on features they want.

They also said they are now just reviewing the mod to determine the work needed to bring those features and I assume what features they want to include or remove.

My opinion is that the new building assets will come in mostly untouched, but anything that changes a base game asset like storing more items or not requiring gasoline to run will not be included. Some special assets like egg collectors and nannys will most likely be excluded all together, or pushed to Tek Tier status. The ability to pickup items will not exist in its current S+ form, the demo/pickup/transfer guns will probably not be implemented or change significantly.

6 minutes ago, DamanWeylin said:

When the announced it at TwitchCon, they did say that some features would be disabled in official servers due to balance issues, but they would be adding configurable options to allow for unofficial servers to turn on features they want.

They also said they are now just reviewing the mod to determine the work needed to bring those features and I assume what features they want to include or remove.

My opinion is that the new building assets will come in mostly untouched, but anything that changes a base game asset like storing more items or not requiring gasoline to run will not be included. Some special assets like egg collectors and nannys will most likely be excluded all together, or pushed to Tek Tier status. The ability to pickup items will not exist in its current S+ form, the demo/pickup/transfer guns will probably not be implemented or change significantly.

I also expect resource pull system to be removed or have greatly reduced radius (1-2 foundations at most).

59 minutes ago, jaypak said:

it could displace everyone already built bases or they will work round that somehow

I'd imagine that during the implementation they'll disable the ingrams/blueprints for the standard structures (freeing up ingram points), and then add the new ingrams/blueprints (unlocked with the old ingram points). This prevents players from crafting the old structures, but all previously crafted items or placed structures will remain until they are removed by the player or destroyed by another player. 

5 hours ago, DamanWeylin said:

Agree largely with this take.

I also think the amount structures can clip into the map will be toned way down. With S+ it's pretty easy to get foundations where they can't be destroyed - imagine the griefing possibilities.

Archived