Ark12345678910

Performance at 4k and Hdr question

Hello, 

Will HDR be readded to the game. Patch notes 272.3 listed HDR as readded but that patch only appears when googling steam ark patch notes.

The patch notes on this website dont mention it being readded and that version isnt listed. Among the notes the first thing mentioned was ground clutter and cpu usage. 

Then it listed HDR as readded. 

But that feature isnt in the game. Im aware that it was removed due to graphical glitches but the timeline suggest that 272.3 was a more recent patch which readded this feature.

About 4k. An australian pc website had an article saying that they could maintain 4k at 60 after arks full release with a 1080ti. But its vaugue as to what settings they are using im using epic settings and can almost get 4k 30. Maybe somethings wrong with my pc.

The reason why ask is

To rule out faulty installation of hardware or maybe bios settings.

Thank you.

We have great HDR support in our soon to be released Xbox One X version, so once we get that solid I'm sure we'll be adding it to the PC version... however, do you have a 4K HDR monitor to be able to see it? I'm sure that's not something most people have.

To answer your other question I have ARK running at full 4K with everything maxed out and get 60-90fps. Although I'm running 2x TitanXPs in SLI.

18 minutes ago, Casanova said:

We have great HDR support in our soon to be released Xbox One X version, so once we get that solid I'm sure we'll be adding it to the PC version... however, do you have a 4K HDR monitor to be able to see it? I'm sure that's not something most people have.

To answer your other question I have ARK running at full 4K with everything maxed out and get 60-90fps. Although I'm running 2x TitanXPs in SLI.

I use a 4k hdr tv. Thats great so i got a reply from a developer of ark? Youve said that your sure you will be adding it to the pc version i hope its not forgotten would like to see this game in HDR. 

Thats great. 4k at epic but i dont have those cards. So thats incomparable. Thanks though. A direct comparison would be very useful thanks again.

2 hours ago, Ark12345678910 said:

Will HDR be readded to the game. Patch notes 272.3 listed HDR as readded but that patch only appears when googling steam ark patch notes.

The patch notes on this website dont mention it being readded and that version isnt listed. Among the notes the first thing mentioned was ground clutter and cpu usage. 

Then it listed HDR as readded. 

But that feature isnt in the game. Im aware that it was removed due to graphical glitches but the timeline suggest that 272.3 was a more recent patch which readded this feature.

I believe that because this Forum's patchnotes thread hasnt been updated at that period of time, while ones in Steam discussions got more detailed explanation for all those patches we got. So if Steam patchnotes say that it was re-added - then it should be true.

Note the jump in versions on this forum: it went from v272.11 to v273.0
while Steam's thread has patchnotes for versions 272.2, 272.3 and 272.35 And HDR option was re-added in 272.3.

So the issue is a simple lack of diligence.

1 hour ago, Casanova said:

Have you tried to use 3rd separate slightly weaker GPU (for example 1080Ti) that is fully dedicated to PhysX? Just for the sake of overkill. Might improve performance a bit...