PVP Base Building Tips?

ReddDoc

Build a bunch of 4x4 wood or stone whichever is easier for you and find out which 1 doesn't get hit the most and that would be the best spot to build up at. But like the guy said yeah hide valuable stuff in chest in the water so it's hard for them to find. Or just go to a island server and premake everything and bring it over just be careful about who is around you.

For 3 servers I had a base that was wiped. Every time someone raided me I just switched servers. No point in staying if they know where your base is. Staying in the same server means you're still with the same Dbags that raised you. 

But I eventually went back to a cross ark server that I was previously raided on, though this time a friend of mine was now alpha with a gigantic oasis base. The alphas had eradicated all trolls and it is now a regular PVP server. The guys who raided me were a troll tribe but during my absence they were wiped. Now I help them keep my server clean. 

Point of saying this..be friends with a friendly alpha tribe and ask to build near them. If they say yes, then good for you. Most people won't go near an alpha base unless they intend on raiding it, in which case you better pray to the Ark God. Most of the time though people steer clear of the surrounding area since they don't want to be attacked by the big tribe. 

I would say avoid beaches like the plague, many tribes will do regular beach sweeps and if you are anywhere near to coast they will wipe you. Get a small base, 2x2x2, near a source of metal. A good one is the mountain in the southern islets, plenty of metal and lots of othe resources in the area. Scramble like mad for a day or two to hoard as much metal as you can. Raid a few beaver dams for cementing paste, it's faster than farming for it. Make 3x3 worth of metal components, doesn't take too long if you keep working. Don't worry about tames, you won't need them yet.

Once you're finished scout out a nice location farther north, near a mountain with plenty of metal but not too close and NOT out in the open. Pick your spot and build your metal base. Abandon the other. Once inside your new metal base you should be safe for a while, long enought to get some defenses like plant x and walls. Tame some dinos, have fun!

Archived