Boss fights

Balteraxe

18 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Reposting:

These are the same therizinosaurs after the configuration fix.
The rexes are not part of the fight, but here you can see their difference in damage after the numbers got fixed.
So yes, @Wazzamaniac was right they are too powerful in the broodmother fight.

But we're redoing them with proper recordings, cause we need the element regardless

Okedoke, sorry for the rather aggressive approach man!!

For dragon I would suggest attempting guns+daeodons. Ride em around, run from threats, shoot and if you get hurt, cluster in a pile and heal :)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wazzamaniac said:

Okedoke, sorry for the rather aggressive approach man!!

For dragon I would suggest attempting guns+daeodons. Ride em around, run from threats, shoot and if you get hurt, cluster in a pile and heal :)

No worries :)
Trust me, I understand why official people are so jumpy to try things.
You guys don't have the luxury we have to rollback an attempt, or get things as fast as we unofficials do.
But there's a few people here that mean well, like @Ulta and @HalfSlabBacon, but we often get so much slack from ignoramouses that we also tend get aggressive on the feedback.

But we're happy to try out experiments/attempts with configurations as our servers copy Official, so we can at give input on whether things work out or not.
But yeah, we sometimes make mistakes too or fubar the config :P

Will look into the suggested combo as well, can be fun to try at some point :D

4 minutes ago, Olivar said:

You guys don't have the luxury we have to rollback an attempt, or get things as fast as we unofficials do.
But there's a few people here that mean well, like @Ulta and @HalfSlabBacon, but we often get so much slack from ignoramouses that we also tend get aggressive on the feedback.

But we're happy to try out experiments/attempts with configurations as our servers copy Official, so we can at give input on whether things work out or not.

Thanks for the research!!! much appreciated :)

As requested, quick screenshots of our Rexes that we used for the Alpha Dragon as well as Alpha Ascension cave:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

These are level bred from 120 parents, with a few mutations only, but 100% imprinted and with good saddles as well.
So these are not even at their maximum potential and they allowed us to do Alpha Ascension -> Cave Clearing

14 hours ago, Olivar said:

Wait sometimes we screw up the configs? I spent about a year screwing up the configs before I really started to understand all the settings. Lol. ?

17 hours ago, Olivar said:

As requested, quick screenshots of our Rexes that we used for the Alpha Dragon as well as Alpha Ascension cave:

These are level bred from 120 parents, with a few mutations only, but 100% imprinted and with good saddles as well.
So these are not even at their maximum potential and they allowed us to do Alpha Ascension -> Cave Clearing

They are perfection damn

• Volunteer Moderator

we have prepared for Dragon for a few weeks (or more? idk lol, its all running together) -- we have practiced on a dedi with official settings (other than no spawn animation) for about 2 weeks and have killed the Dragon every time, at every level. only exception being when we went into beta with only myself and one tribemate, still almost killed it.

we go against it for real this Sunday on Official 423 -- will record and its being streamed on twitch. will be a 10/20 fight

wish us luck:)

1 hour ago, ThzNutz said:

we have prepared for Dragon for a few weeks (or more? idk lol, its all running together) -- we have practiced on a dedi with official settings (other than no spawn animation) for about 2 weeks and have killed the Dragon every time, at every level. only exception being when we went into beta with only myself and one tribemate, still almost killed it.

we go against it for real this Sunday on Official 423 -- will record and its being streamed on twitch. will be a 10/20 fight

Good luck man

10 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

Ok mister formal :D.. good luck.

post the video here afterwards if you can. I'll gladly watch it :D

On November 9, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Olivar said:

I'm curious, what is your stategy for the boss? Just chomp it with rexes? Do you use pheromone darts to deal with the stuff in the cave? How many rexes do you bring in total? When the boss changes forms, are they easier forms of the original bosses? :)

Also, regards to our exchange earlier in the thread, I overestimated the alpha brood based on past strength of it. Was a total pushover vs 25-30k 570-640% melee rexes and died in 5 minutes.

Archived