Boss fights

Balteraxe

Just now, ThzNutz said:

not sure why you would think we haven't? -- the last one ended in victory with my wife's rex chewing on the apes face. we have not ridden during an alpha fight tho...should i let you know how that goes? xD

Sure, would love too.

Than I have another question for you.

In the past, with v262 they changed something to the ape's attacks, where it did armour-piercing hits (rendering saddles useless).

After that patch it was fixed for gamma, while it still being there on beta and alpha.

We are months further now... 

So I'm wondering if there is much difference between gamma and beta? 

Is there much difference between them? 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Balteraxe said:

Is there much difference between them? 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Megapithecus

not being snarky with the link, just the best info i know of atm

we farm beta ape for element, works out best for us. mileage may vary for others:P.

honestly the only difference between the 2 that i notice is that beta seems to move and attack faster, takes a little while longer to kill and takes the rex down to about half health, whereas gamma is over very quickly and barely touches the rex health. they are our first boss rex, nothing spectacular -- although most are 100% imprinted which helps. im sure they could kill alpha, but we would be picking up alot of saddlesxD

28 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Megapithecus

not being snarky with the link, just the best info i know of atm

we farm beta ape for element, works out best for us. mileage may vary for others:P.

honestly the only difference between the 2 that i notice is that beta seems to move and attack faster, takes a little while longer to kill and takes the rex down to about half health, whereas gamma is over very quickly and barely touches the rex health. they are our first boss rex, nothing spectacular -- although most are 100% imprinted which helps. im sure they could kill alpha, but we would be picking up alot of saddlesxD

I meant the dual bosses btw, not their single variants. Forgot to mention that. So the ones on the center.

11 hours ago, davidcostarica said:

You people talking legacy or real official servers, cause i see rex stats that are really not yet obteinable IMO on new servers

Umm, there's no difference between the two in terms of stats, difficulty, breeding etc...

We're pushing a couple months now with a few Evo events... A Vet tribe could easily be end game by now.

I know a few tribes that were building full metal week 2.

16 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

:P

Well, I do want to share this with you, since you are hopefully one that can pass the message on.

Yesterday we went to the Beta bossfight on Center and this was the result.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1195876895

The fight was over really fast. we brouth 20k hp rexes with 600+ dmg. 1 yut and 2 boars.

The ape was doing so much damage, felt like it did 1.5k-2k dmg per hit. The boars couldn't even heal them up.

The fight only lasted one minute. 

We used these rexes to fight the Beta ape on the island. And we didn't loose one rex.

How is it possible that this fight is so hard and it's even a dual fight and gives less element (if beaten), only 44 element. And the requirements to start the fight are higher aswell.

It's like the boss hasn't been updated compared to the fight on the island, because there was said that the dual fight bosses should be easier than the single bosses on the island.

Seems to me, that some input was wrongfully added, making the center bosses harder than their island counterparts.

Any idea's, advice on this Nuts?

30 minutes ago, poozilla said:

https://youtu.be/ro29dFoe5gI center monkmonkey beta fight

This is pretty much how our fight went, except we wiped at 20% of the monkey's health

The broodmother is pretty much doable with one decent statted rex.

The ape is nearly impossible. And this is gamma.

How can it that the Island beta monkey is way easier than the monkey in the beta dual fight on the center?

^question is for others, not particularly meant for you poozilla.

Just now, Balteraxe said:

Can you now try this on a Center map, doing a gamma fight.

I am guaranteed, that you will loose everything.

We're preparing for it Bal, cause we wanne get the achievement.
I've seen your previous post where you lost everything, and I promise you I will share the video/info attempt as soon as we try it.

Archived