Boss fights

Balteraxe

On 11/7/2017 at 2:38 PM, HalfSlabBacon said:

Ok, if you're going to try to offer me input at least read mine first.

1k melee Rex's on official isn't even that hard... It's called breeding. They also can take the dragon, people do it all the time... Try watching a YouTube video or asking people on the servers.

Perhaps you should get out of those training diapers before you start telling vets how this game works. ?

No you cant, i did dragon hard on official. :)

so if you're going to have 40k health, 1k melee is impossible.

You're prolly watching youtube videos of unofficial.

Get your facts straight. lmao

And no matter how much melee or health you pump into them, they cant tank dragon medium/hard. Not even easy tbh.

Play on official before you start to mislead people lol.

"Vets" xDDD

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

Max breedable rex stats are 15k health and 480 melee, so if you're going to have 40k health, 1k melee is impossible.

Why should that be max? The way stats work on ARK there isnt a hard max. Well now there is on official because of the 450 level cap. But still getting to 450 with mutations you end up somewere north of 500% melee. It just takes incredible amounts of time to get there.

Also unofficial with same settings is the same as official. There is no difference in the boss fights. The boss difficulty is the same for PC. It's only different for consoles.

However i found out that bosses do not scale properly between difficulties. If you lower the difficulty bosses get harder and if you play on higher difficulty, they get easier than 5.0 (official). Health is scaling ok, but damage isnt scaling by a lot. So for example on 6.0 bosses do a little bit more damage but your tames can do a lot more.

So as long as the unofficial is PC and runs the same difficulty as official without messing with dino stats they are 100% comparable.

Also you can make it easier to get the required tames by changing taming and breeding settings. However that does not impact possible stats.

11 minutes ago, Thorium said:

Why should that be max? The way stats work on ARK there isnt a hard max. Well now there is on official because of the 450 level cap. But still getting to 450 with mutations you end up somewere north of 500% melee. It just takes incredible amounts of time to get there.

Also unofficial with same settings is the same as official. There is no difference in the boss fights. The boss difficulty is the same for PC. It's only different for consoles.

However i found out that bosses do not scale properly between difficulties. If you lower the difficulty bosses get harder and if you play on higher difficulty, they get easier than 5.0 (official).

Also you can make it esier to get the required tames by changing taming and breeding settings. However that does not impact possible stats.

Yeah thats how mutations work but there is a certain limit beyond which you cannot achieve, if you do, they're called god dinos.

As for unofficial, you need to scale them properly, initially they'll be on singleplayer settings.

For rex, general stats are 14k health, 466 melee, if you get lucky, you either get 15k health or 488 melee but not both end game stats, that has been my experience. If you have experienced otherwise on official, then i guess i'm wrong. :)

3 minutes ago, Thorium said:

However i found out that bosses do not scale properly between difficulties. If you lower the difficulty bosses get harder and if you play on higher difficulty, they get easier than 5.0 (official).

Also you can make it esier to get the required tames by changing taming and breeding settings. However that does not impact possible stats.

Good luck with this one Thorium... @TracerBee has figured it all out in the couple months they've been playing...

Came to tell us all about it! Can't wait for the advanced breeding lessons coming soon! ?

3 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Good luck with this one Thorium... @TracerBee has figured it all out in the couple months they've been playing...

Came to tell us all about it! Can't wait for the advanced breeding lessons coming soon! ?

oh god, you have no idea what you're talking about lol, just making a fool of yourself.

by all means, feel free to acheive 1k melee and 40k health on rexes and even then, feel free to do the dragon boss. Don't say i didnt warn you. :)

No wonder you play on unofficial, lol.

LMAO 1491 hours total on game and he calls himself a vet. xD

9 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

oh god, you have no idea what you're talking about lol, just making a fool of yourself.

by all means, feel free to acheive 1k melee and 40k health on rexes and even then, feel free to do the dragon boss. Don't say i didnt warn you. :)

Oh I'm sorry... Did you look look up my YouTube only account??? Guess I forgot to share my other ones.... I wonder why????

Here kid... I'd say you might learn something, but people like you that think they know everything never do.

FYI- never assume anyone has only one account... Then again you'd know that by now if you knew anything about official.

16 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Oh I'm sorry... Did you look look up my YouTube only account??? Guess I forgot to share my other ones.... I wonder why????

Here kid... I'd say you might learn something, but people like you that think they know everything never do.

FYI- never assume anyone has only one account... Then again you'd know that by now if you knew anything about official.

Still don't see any evidence of doing dragon with rexes. xDD

And i can't possibly think of ONE reason to have multiple accounts for official server reason. lol

And if you DO get rexes stats beyond 15k health and 488 melee, let me know. :)

God your soo lame lol.

And yeah i'll search all over for your so called video, lol.

Stop misleading people.

3 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

Still don't see any evidence of doing dragon with rexes. xDD

And i can't possibly think of ONE reason to have multiple accounts for official server reason. lol

God your soo lame lol.

And yeah i'll search all over for your so called video, lol.

Kid, all you have to do is look on these forms...  Hell even in this thread.

Anyways, thanks for the fun... I always enjoy playing the trolls game against them.

I'm sure others will enjoy the laugh. 

1 minute ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Kid, all you have to do is look on these forms...  Hell even in this thread.

Anyways, thanks for the fun... I always enjoy playing the trolls game against them.

I'm sure others will enjoy the laugh. 

Still.......no evidence. :P

Edit: Don't bother posting stuff you can't prove.

On 11/2/2017 at 10:53 PM, Balteraxe said:

So, here is the thing. In short.

Center boss fights & Island boss fights, are they evenly balanced? In my opinion? Definately not!

I've done a few Center boss fights lately on official. And noticed that the monkey is still way overpowered, compared to the broodmother.

Apparently, Wildcard stated that the Center boss fight is 60% from the Island boss fights. I really cannot see that 40% difference.

I went along with a friendly tribe that did the monkey beta, with 20k hp rexes and 300-400 dmg, 2 daeodons and a yut.

The fight takes almost the same (timewise) as I do on the monkey on Center, gamma mode. And there I have 20k hp rexes, with 500-600 dmg.

The monkey cannot be ridden on a rex on TheCenter, but it CAN on the Island.. why is that not the same?

Than there is the element drop, only 16 from Center? why is that not balanced yet?

Is there no care/support for TheCenter anymore? Or am I missing something?

Did you use only rexes for both spider and monkey?

And if so, how many? And did you also use the yutty?

2 minutes ago, Balteraxe said:

14 rexes and 1 yut, cus more cannot be fit on the obelisk's platform on a center map.

20k hp, 500-600 dmg, 80 armour saddles.

If you can only fit 14 rexes on center, i wouldnt go with rexes but with terries, they are smaler you should be able to fit 19. There is some discussion which is better rex or terry but 19 terries are definitly better than 14 rexes.

7 minutes ago, Balteraxe said:

14 rexes and 1 yut, cus more cannot be fit on the obelisk's platform on a center map.

20k hp, 500-600 dmg, 80 armour saddles.

Spider generally has more health than monkey. And you cannot ride rexes for monkey on island either, the splash damage from the boulder it throws will kill you instantly.

Use 9 megatheriums, 10 rexes, 1 yutty. Megatheriums will easily kill the spider, as long as they have that buff by killing its adds, whistle rexes to attack monkey while the players sit on megatheriums and kill spider.

Follow my strategy and you can easily do hard boss.

It took you longer than on island because of spider having alot more health in general.

I wouldn't recommend theri, they do good dps but they cant tank as good as rexes.

On island spider hard takes around 8 mins with 10 players, 15 megas and 1 yutty but megapethicus hard takes only 4 mins. :)

8 hours ago, TracerBee said:

Spider generally has more health than monkey. And you cannot ride rexes for monkey on island either, the splash damage from the boulder it throws will kill you instantly.

Use 9 megatheriums, 10 rexes, 1 yutty. Megatheriums will easily kill the spider, as long as they have that buff by killing its adds, whistle rexes to attack monkey while the players sit on megatheriums and kill spider.

It took you longer than on island because of spider having alot more health in general.

I wouldn't recommend theri, they do good dps but they cant tank as good as rexes.

On island spider hard takes around 8 mins with 10 players, 15 megas and 1 yutty but megapethicus hard takes only 4 mins. :)

The rexes take a lot longer to kill the ape, than the spider. 

Its like the ape has 3 times more "armour", than the spider.

We are planning to try the beta version with these rexes. Do you guys know if the ape still has armour-piercing attacks? Or has it been 'fixed'?

8 hours ago, TracerBee said:

Don't bother posting without proof. 

That is what you said earlier in the thread, so please post proof or shut up. Also, I will try and dig out my old screenshots, but the highest health on a rex I have seen at birth is 18K lol. It's about a 1 in 500 chance, but entirely possible.

9 hours ago, TracerBee said:

Yeah thats how mutations work but there is a certain limit beyond which you cannot achieve, if you do, they're called god dinos.

As for unofficial, you need to scale them properly, initially they'll be on singleplayer settings.

For rex, general stats are 14k health, 466 melee, if you get lucky, you either get 15k health or 488 melee but not both end game stats, that has been my experience. If you have experienced otherwise on official, then i guess i'm wrong. :)

Bullpoop, none of the unofficial servers are on singleplayer by default.
Where do you even get this idea from?

9 hours ago, TracerBee said:

Dragon can be taken down with Therizino's that are 30 levels below the maximum obtainable. 
Has been demonstrated on official and unofficial configured servers copying official settings.
Even the combined fight on Ragnarok is a joke.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, TracerBee said:

there are many reasons to have multiple accounts, particularly if you admin servers and/or make videos. i have 4 steam accounts. main for actual play, one for crafting character, a server admin account, and a guest account. just because you cant think of a reason doesn't mean there aren't any.

**on Official 

our latest rex are 18k/702 (16.6k/602 base) with 100% imprint so? one raised last weekend is at 46k/720 at a whopping 4060 xp. these will easily hit over 1k melee. not sure if you are talking about tamed rex, rex on new servers or what you are on about, but 40k/1k with bred rex is not only achievable, its easy. 

11 hours ago, TracerBee said:

And you cannot ride rexes for monkey on island either,

we do and no one has been killed at all while riding, let alone been one shot from the saddle. that was fixed a lil bit ago. 

15 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

there are many reasons to have multiple accounts, particularly if you admin servers and/or make videos. i have 4 steam accounts. main for actual play, one for crafting character, a server admin account, and a guest account. just because you cant think of a reason doesn't mean there aren't any.

**on Official 

our latest rex are 18k/702 (16.6k/602 base) with 100% imprint so? one raised last weekend is at 46k/720 at a whopping 4060 xp. these will easily hit over 1k melee. not sure if you are talking about tamed rex, rex on new servers or what you are on about, but 40k/1k with bred rex is not only achievable, its easy. 

we do and no one has been killed at all while riding, let alone been one shot from the saddle. that was fixed a lil bit ago. 

Have you tried it on Beta aswell, while riding a rex nutzer? Let me know how that went ?

2 hours ago, poozilla said:

Lol you can totally ride the rexs you must not have done monkey in a while it's been changed how ever center boss still kills you off the back its only happened on beta haven't tried alpha yet

i have had ppl say it still does not on center either. do you have evidence it will? or could it have been something glitchy when it happened to you

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Balteraxe said:

Have you tried it on Beta aswell, while riding a rex nutzer? Let me know how that went ?

not sure why you would think we haven't? -- the last one ended in victory with my wife's rex chewing on the apes face. we have not ridden during an alpha fight tho...should i let you know how that goes? xD

Archived