Boss fights

Balteraxe

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/3/2017 at 5:24 AM, LPTF said:

Again, you seem to be assuming that everyone plays the game in exactly the same way as you for the same reasons as you.

For PVE players who enjoy breeding their dinos, for example, getting the early boss fights done as soon as possible is incredibly valuable because it provides the tek trough, which makes life a thousand times easier when breeding.

There are also countless tek items which PVE players can use and enjoy that are unlocked by the gamma and beta boss fights.

Assuming that every player's only goal is to rush to the end game and be done with it is just wrong. Maybe it's yours, but it's not everyone else's.

So, like I said before, you do NOT need to wait a year or more for ultra-boss rexes to become available before you do any boss fights. Gamma and Beta can easily be done with current generation rexes and other dinos also and doing so provides great benefits right now to may players of this game.

See your problem is you assume.... Which makes an... Get where I'm going?

At no point did I say what you claim I did. I said "breed for around" and "under prepared".

You are the one who bent the facts to your own interpretation. Even worse, you did it to try and make yourself look good, while making someone else look bad. 

Good luck with that! I've looked already and can tell you're picking fights with several people you don't want to be in that position with.

Again, you're entitled to your views... Don't try to make others look bad to support them.

FYI- we're done now.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:12 AM, Olivar said:

I can definitely say that the combined bosses are not balanced.
We struggled with Alpha Dragon on the Island, taking losses.

For the heck of it, we decided to do the Manticore + Dragon fight on Ragnarok, on alpha difficulty, and we utterly destroyed them.
I don't know if Wildcard broke something, but our dino's were doing INSANE amounts of damage on the dragon in that fight, and manticore was more of a nuisance than anything else.

I don't think it's a matter of unbalanced. I believe it is by design.

When WC started making the changes to the boss fights on each map it felt like they wanted the Island to be the "real" boss fights. Pretty sure the other map fights are more of a novelty to them. Like just for element farming and something to do. 

2 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I don't think it's a matter of unbalanced. I believe it is by design.

When WC started making the changes to the boss fights on each map it felt like they wanted the Island to be the "real" boss fights. Pretty sure the other map fights are more of a novelty to them. Like just for element farming and something to do. 

Well personal experience tends to lean to that at least.

1 hour ago, Brent93 said:

So question, gearing up for a boss fight. Our boss rexes have between 24k hp and 32k hp with 500-600% melee. Would we be able to do at least easy with this and if so how much harder can we get. Also currently working on better saddles too. Half has apprentice and up other half is primitive.

How many Rex's? And do you have a Yuti and Deadons you can take in?

I wouldn't go past Gamma Brood & Mega with those stats and saddles myself. And only if we're talking10-15 Rex's like that. Too big a chance you'll lose most of them.

You're better off waiting a bit and breeding up to around 700 melee or so. The biggest thing is get better saddles for every Rex, as primitive saddles just don't cut it. Also, make sure you have the Yuty and at least one Hell Pig.

Playing on official, you really should focus on patience first and foremost. You'll progress further much faster if you avoid any major setbacks by going in a little over prepared. ?

Also, whenever you decide to go Dragon, if you want to do Rex, assume you're gonna lose every one and half the saddles. If you don't like those losses, start breeding Theri's for that fight and go in with crap tons of veggie cakes.

14 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

How many Rex's? And do you have a Yuti and Deadons you can take in?

I wouldn't go past Gamma Brood & Mega with those stats and saddles myself. And only if we're talking10-15 Rex's like that. Too big a chance you'll lose most of them.

You're better off waiting a bit and breeding up to around 700 melee or so. The biggest thing is get better saddles for every Rex, as primitive saddles just don't cut it. Also, make sure you have the Yuty and at least one Hell Pig.

Playing on official, you really should focus on patience first and foremost. You'll progress further much faster if you avoid any major setbacks by going in a little over prepared. ?

Also, whenever you decide to go Dragon, if you want to do Rex, assume you're gonna lose every one and half the saddles. If you don't like those losses, start breeding Theri's for that fight and go in with crap tons of veggie cakes.

Thank you for the advice. Currently at 10 grown rexes and 3 babies growing at the moment. Trying to get those saddles or better bps but no luck. We do have a hell pig that is going to with us but no yut. Not really trying to rush cause I don't like wasting resources.... unless you count the wolves or argies with garbage stats ?

But theris for dragon? Can you explain why please

44 minutes ago, Brent93 said:

Thank you for the advice. Currently at 10 grown rexes and 3 babies growing at the moment. Trying to get those saddles or better bps but no luck. We do have a hell pig that is going to with us but no yut. Not really trying to rush cause I don't like wasting resources.... unless you count the wolves or argies with garbage stats ?

But theris for dragon? Can you explain why please

You've got the right thought process. You'll do well!

Rex's, if you aim for 15 and Every one has journeyman saddles you'll own the fights I mentioned... Get that Yuty (2 so you can breed a new one for each fight) and buff, buff, buff! Once every Rex is over 30k health and 700-750 melee (with good saddles), the beta Brood and Monkey will be almost zero loss.

The Dragon is a separate fight. It's fire breath does percent damage to every carnivore, so Heath stat is irrelevant at all difficulties.

Herbivores have a buff against the percentage... Follow my thinking here? Herbivores also automatically eat veggie cakes when their health drops below a certain threshold (the math has changed on this a few times). When they eat the cake, it acts as a near instant health potion.

So, unlike carnivores, Theri's, who can do Rex level damage, can take hits from the dragon and heal... Rex's, no matter what, 5 hits is pretty much dead.

Aim for 21k health minimum for Theri's and as close to 1k melee as possible. Again, journeyman saddles minimum, Yuty buffs, and Hell Pig.

Now you can do dragon with minimal or no loss.

I've been prepping to try Kentros for Dragon soon. They do percent damage of every hit they take, right back to the attacker. So the Dragon would effectively be killing itself in the fight. LMFAO!

They're also a Herbivore, so the veggie cake thing would work with them as well.

Thing is with Kentros, the breeding to get them fast enough and high health enough is taking forever. Pretty sure it's worth it though...

I think it's the perfect fight... Beat the Dragon with the exact strat the devs use against you in that fight. ?

20 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

You've got the right thought process. You'll do well!

Rex's, if you aim for 15 and Every one has journeyman saddles you'll own the fights I mentioned... Get that Yuty (2 so you can breed a new one for each fight) and buff, buff, buff! Once every Rex is over 30k health and 700-750 melee (with good saddles), the beta Brood and Monkey will be almost zero loss.

The Dragon is a separate fight. It's fire breath does percent damage to every carnivore, so Heath stat is irrelevant at all difficulties.

Herbivores have a buff against the percentage... Follow my thinking here? Herbivores also automatically eat veggie cakes when their health drops below a certain threshold (the math has changed on this a few times). When they eat the cake, it acts as a near instant health potion.

So, unlike carnivores, Theri's, who can do Rex level damage, can take hits from the dragon and heal... Rex's, no matter what, 5 hits is pretty much dead.

Aim for 21k health minimum for Theri's and as close to 1k melee as possible. Again, journeyman saddles minimum, Yuty buffs, and Hell Pig.

Now you can do dragon with minimal or no loss.

I've been prepping to try Kentros for Dragon soon. They do percent damage of every hit they take, right back to the attacker. So the Dragon would effectively be killing itself in the fight. LMFAO!

They're also a Herbivore, so the veggie cake thing would work with them as well.

Thing is with Kentros, the breeding to get them fast enough and high health enough is taking forever. Pretty sure it's worth it though...

I think it's the perfect fight... Beat the Dragon with the exact strat the devs use against you in that fight. ?

Well time to break out the tickle chickens from storage and breed them and find a good yut.... and run swamp cave a million times. But kentros.... hmm make a video of the fight haha I want to see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, Brent93 said:

Well time to break out the tickle chickens from storage and breed them and find a good yut.... and run swamp cave a million times. But kentros.... hmm make a video of the fight haha I want to see how it goes.

I don't record my vanilla testing (it's too, slow, grindy, and tedious) for YouTube. But I do run modded servers for recording and everything scales from official SP Testing.

The numbers will be different when I post it, but the end result will be identical.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOxOZH8WT0tJLDjRUalBKyg

There's a lot of Ark on the channel, going back to 2015. The beginnings were vanilla, then I Evolved! ?

4 minutes ago, Olivar said:

I can share my alpha dragon videos with therizinosaurs. Got a few on my YouTube that we recorded like a week ago.

When I'm at my pc I'll share the links to give you an idea of how lethal those chickens can be.

They're sooooooo good! I really want to say they're my new favorite, but it feels unfair to my Thylas!

3 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I recently killed Gamma Broodmother with 19x Kentros and 1x Yuty on an official server and they were far from impressive, granted mine weren't super-bred ones but all were imprinted to 98-100%... 5 Kentros survived the fight. I do have a vid up on youtube but the last time I linked one of my vids on this forum I got a warning for advertising my channel so if interested you'll have to search for it :P

So far I've killed Gamma Brood on official servers with bears, wolves, allos, rexes, kentros, ankylos and theriums... I've only got 3 teams left (therium/ankylo/therizino) to sacrifice to bosses before I quit legacy (my way of not completely wasting months of breeding on legacy servers).

4 minutes ago, Aldor said:

I recently killed Gamma Broodmother with 19x Kentros and 1x Yuty on an official server and they were far from impressive, granted mine weren't super-bred ones but all were imprinted to 98-100%... 5 Kentros survived the fight. I do have a vid up on youtube but the last time I linked one of my vids on this forum I got a warning for advertising my channel so if interested you'll have to search for it :P

So far I've killed Gamma Brood on official servers with bears, wolves, allos, rexes, kentros, ankylos and theriums... I've only got 3 teams left (therium/ankylo/therizino) to sacrifice to bosses before I quit legacy (my way of not completely wasting months of breeding on legacy servers).

Good to know! Thanks for the info!

Maybe I'll do a trial run soon... For me loss isn't acceptable though.

As for linking YouTube, get a little more vocal... They've never given me a hard time. ?

On 11/2/2017 at 8:56 PM, HalfSlabBacon said:

I'd have to agree. Based on my experience with bosses you always want to breed for about 40k HP and 1k melee for Rex's on official difficulty.

You're going in under prepared.

Also depends on your saddle armor value. Or if you’re using saddles at all. But 40k ho and 600 melee is plenty for medium monkey on island. 

4 hours ago, Kannibal4 said:

Also depends on your saddle armor value. Or if you’re using saddles at all. But 40k ho and 600 melee is plenty for medium monkey on island. 

I'm actually ok with Medium monkey or brood around 30-35k, but prefer melee closer to 750 for those fights. And yeah, good saddles always!

I won't go near the dragon till I'm around that 40k/1k Mark on any difficulty though... You need that heavy hitting!

Anyone got experience with wolves against the broodmother? I recently killed the Gamma BM with 19 wolves and 1 yuty (official-legacy) and noticed the boss and adds favoured targeting my Yuty over the wolves, being only Gamma I didn't have too much of an issue and thought nothing of it.

When I took the same dinos to Beta BM I soon noticed the boss and adds were completely ignoring my wolves. At first the boss was trying to get to me but was stuck running into my wall of wolves. Once my yuty started to get overrun by adds I called my wolves to help, which freed the boss. The boss + adds then preceded to pummel my Yuty down till it died, then killed me while on foot.

I've killed the BM with various dinos and have never seen the AI act like that so wasn't sure if it was something to do with the wolves. I did quickly try 20 wolves on singleplayer but they got splattered in seconds so not sure if you need 1 ridden dino or if official AI differs from SP. I'd love to try again with 19 wolves and 1 full HP Rex but it's too much time consumption at this point :P

14 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I'm actually ok with Medium monkey or brood around 30-35k, but prefer melee closer to 750 for those fights. And yeah, good saddles always!

I won't go near the dragon till I'm around that 40k/1k Mark on any difficulty though... You need that heavy hitting!

You don't need rexes to do dragon lol.

Even if you use 50k health, 2k melee rexes, you won't be able to do it. Also, 1k melee cannot be acheived on official, so i guess ur talking about unofficial.

Aren't you the one that said your tribe used to do dragon with ankys for fun? :P

57 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

You don't need rexes to do dragon lol.

Even if you use 50k health, 2k melee rexes, you won't be able to do it. Also, 1k melee cannot be acheived on official, so i guess ur talking about unofficial.

Aren't you the one that said your tribe used to do dragon with ankys for fun? :P

Ok, if you're going to try to offer me input at least read mine first.

1k melee Rex's on official isn't even that hard... It's called breeding. They also can take the dragon, people do it all the time... Try watching a YouTube video or asking people on the servers.

Perhaps you should get out of those training diapers before you start telling vets how this game works. ?

Archived