Boss fights

Balteraxe

So, here is the thing. In short.

Center boss fights & Island boss fights, are they evenly balanced? In my opinion? Definately not!

I've done a few Center boss fights lately on official. And noticed that the monkey is still way overpowered, compared to the broodmother.

Apparently, Wildcard stated that the Center boss fight is 60% from the Island boss fights. I really cannot see that 40% difference.

I went along with a friendly tribe that did the monkey beta, with 20k hp rexes and 300-400 dmg, 2 daeodons and a yut.

The fight takes almost the same (timewise) as I do on the monkey on Center, gamma mode. And there I have 20k hp rexes, with 500-600 dmg.

The monkey cannot be ridden on a rex on TheCenter, but it CAN on the Island.. why is that not the same?

Than there is the element drop, only 16 from Center? why is that not balanced yet?

Is there no care/support for TheCenter anymore? Or am I missing something?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Majix said:

Well 1 thing is: Broodmother takes like 4x the damage it normally would.  We had 1 ridered rex attacking it and before our other rexes got done with Monkey, brood was 3/4 of the way down.  Center is way easier than island

I agree, center is by far the easiest boss fight in my opinion. They have brought down the damage that they output as well so I haven't had any issues getting it done.

33 minutes ago, Panatheous said:

I agree, center is by far the easiest boss fight in my opinion. They have brought down the damage that they output as well so I haven't had any issues getting it done.

Some of my rexes have 5-8k health left (from 20k). After the fight. Cant say the center is easier. Seems to me that medium on the island is similar to the center easy

4 hours ago, Balteraxe said:

So, here is the thing. In short.

Center boss fights & Island boss fights, are they evenly balanced? In my opinion? Definately not!

I've done a few Center boss fights lately on official. And noticed that the monkey is still way overpowered, compared to the broodmother.

Apparently, Wildcard stated that the Center boss fight is 60% from the Island boss fights. I really cannot see that 40% difference.

I went along with a friendly tribe that did the monkey beta, with 20k hp rexes and 300-400 dmg, 2 daeodons and a yut.

The fight takes almost the same (timewise) as I do on the monkey on Center, gamma mode. And there I have 20k hp rexes, with 500-600 dmg.

The monkey cannot be ridden on a rex on TheCenter, but it CAN on the Island.. why is that not the same?

Than there is the element drop, only 16 from Center? why is that not balanced yet?

Is there no care/support for TheCenter anymore? Or am I missing something?

Not enough melee

3 hours ago, Goaty said:

Not enough melee

3 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Killing the boss without attrition. 

1 hour ago, Balteraxe said:

So. 500-600 dmg is not enough?

I'd have to agree. Based on my experience with bosses you always want to breed for about 40k HP and 1k melee for Rex's on official difficulty.

You're going in under prepared.

Our tribe has completed beta brood and beta ape on the island, and the beta fight on the centre on official non-legacy servers with between 15 and 19 rexes and a yuti. Their stats range from 20k to 25k health and 600-800 damage. We have also successfully completed beta broodmother with around 12 first-generation bred sloths and a yuti. That works well as long as most of the sloths are ridden. If they are not, they often fail to get the buff they need because they don't kill the small spiders, so they get very low on health and don't do nearly enough damage.

It's going to take a very long time before rexes with 40k health and 1k damage are available. Saying you need to wait until you have rexes with those stats is just not correct.

Doing beta ape on an island server will give you 55 element. If you keep a high level pig or three at the obelisk you're using (you don't need to take them in with you) then you can heal the rexes quickly and go again. The lowest we've seen a 20k rex get down to after beta ape is about 7k.

We have also joined other tribes doing the beta fight on ragnarok and beta manticore on scorched earth. In all those situations the rexes were less than those we use now ourselves, and those fights were all still won, although different tactics were used for each.

Obviously you need to ensure you know how the fight works that you're doing. They are all different. With the ape, for example, don't get your rexes into the position where they can be pushed off the edge of the bridge/stairs and killed. There are tons of videos that demonstrate each different fight if you're not familiar. We also use a private server with 100% official settings to test our dinos and tactics before doing the real thing. That has saved us an enormous amount of effort in replacing lost dinos.

Finally, don't ever underestimate the importance of good saddles. We worked ridiculously hard researching the best place to find a good rex saddle BP, and then we farmed the hell out of it until we got something good. Also, taking the time to level up a crafting character is well worth your time. We have a rex saddle bp with 84 armor, and with the crafting character we get rolls of well over 100, which makes a worthwhile difference.

Hope that all helps.

37 minutes ago, LPTF said:

It's going to take a very long time before rexes with 40k health and 1k damage are available. Saying you need to wait until you have rexes with those stats is just not correct.

Finally, don't ever underestimate the importance of good saddles. 

You are entitled to your opinion, however, stating I am flat out incorrect is arrogant and inaccurate. Doing so without tagging me is also underhanded and in poor taste.

Try doing a real boss fight (Alpha Dragon) with less then those stats. You'll be very lucky if you don't lose all your Rex's.

Gamma and Beta are just trial runs to prep for Alpha. The breeding lines should be based on completing the Alpha fights. To do otherwise is a waist of time and a rookie mistake.

This game is all about time sink, it is supposed to take forever on official. Going in to any situation under prepared puts you in the position of losing Dino's, and items, you worked long and hard for.

You are absolutely correct about how valuable the saddles are. 

5 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

You are entitled to your opinion, however, stating I am flat out incorrect is arrogant and inaccurate. Doing so without tagging me is also underhanded and in poor taste.

Try doing a real boss fight (Alpha Dragon) with less then those stats. You'll be very lucky if you don't lose all your Rex's.

Gamma and Beta are just trial runs to prep for Alpha. The breeding lines should be based on completing the Alpha fights. To do otherwise is a waist of time and a rookie mistake.

This game is all about time sink, it is supposed to take forever on official. Going in to any situation under prepared puts you in the position of losing Dino's, and items, you worked long and hard for.

You are absolutely correct about how valuable the saddles are. 

Again, you seem to be assuming that everyone plays the game in exactly the same way as you for the same reasons as you.

For PVE players who enjoy breeding their dinos, for example, getting the early boss fights done as soon as possible is incredibly valuable because it provides the tek trough, which makes life a thousand times easier when breeding.

There are also countless tek items which PVE players can use and enjoy that are unlocked by the gamma and beta boss fights.

Assuming that every player's only goal is to rush to the end game and be done with it is just wrong. Maybe it's yours, but it's not everyone else's.

So, like I said before, you do NOT need to wait a year or more for ultra-boss rexes to become available before you do any boss fights. Gamma and Beta can easily be done with current generation rexes and other dinos also and doing so provides great benefits right now to may players of this game.

1 hour ago, Goaty said:

For brood you gotta use megatherium. It rages on the spiders which gives it insane buffs. 9+ a yuty should be fine. 

I think around 10k hp and 600-800 melee is fine. A good saddle is needed.

Our tribe has completed beta brood with both megas and rexes.

As I said before, megas are fine if they are all ridden, but are dangerous when not, as they tend to ignore the small spiders and attack the broodmother, and therefore many never get the buff. When ridden the player can ensure they kill some small spiders first to get the buff before they engage the broodmother.

A team of good current generation rexes absolutely destroys beta brood without needing to be ridden, so that has been our choice moving forward. If you only have megas and can get as many ridden as possible then they will also do the trick.

I can definitely say that the combined bosses are not balanced.
We struggled with Alpha Dragon on the Island, taking losses.

For the heck of it, we decided to do the Manticore + Dragon fight on Ragnarok, on alpha difficulty, and we utterly destroyed them.
I don't know if Wildcard broke something, but our dino's were doing INSANE amounts of damage on the dragon in that fight, and manticore was more of a nuisance than anything else.

5 hours ago, Olivar said:

I can definitely say that the combined bosses are not balanced.
We struggled with Alpha Dragon on the Island, taking losses.

For the heck of it, we decided to do the Manticore + Dragon fight on Ragnarok, on alpha difficulty, and we utterly destroyed them.
I don't know if Wildcard broke something, but our dino's were doing INSANE amounts of damage on the dragon in that fight, and manticore was more of a nuisance than anything else.

what are you using and what stats? i wanna start gearing up for bosses. got a couple good rexes that i'm breeding 

Again, you seem to be assuming that everyone plays the game in exactly the same way as you for the same reasons as you.
For PVE players who enjoy breeding their dinos, for example, getting the early boss fights done as soon as possible is incredibly valuable because it provides the tek trough, which makes life a thousand times easier when breeding.
There are also countless tek items which PVE players can use and enjoy that are unlocked by the gamma and beta boss fights.
Assuming that every player's only goal is to rush to the end game and be done with it is just wrong. Maybe it's yours, but it's not everyone else's.
So, like I said before, you do NOT need to wait a year or more for ultra-boss rexes to become available before you do any boss fights. Gamma and Beta can easily be done with current generation rexes and other dinos also and doing so provides great benefits right now to may players of this game.

This 100% my pve tribe is actually only after the Tek trough right now. And I know 100% can be done with only 13k / 400 melee tops Rex's with only primitive saddles. As we did the easy med brood and monkey on legacy. With 85% Rex's that hatched at 6600hp 323 melee. The other 15 started with 8k hp.

27 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

This 100% my pve tribe is actually only after the Tek trough right now. And I know 100% can be done with only 13k / 400 melee tops Rex's with only primitive saddles. As we did the easy med brood and monkey on legacy. With 85% Rex's that hatched at 6600hp 323 melee. The other 15 started with 8k hp.

no offense but those numbers seem a bit low for survival with prim saddles. they ez but that's light

Archived