Destroyed Obelisk terminal

Adamzon

Hello People ! 

Im messing about with Boss Element drop, and when i was going to spawn in the artifacts for the boss i accendently did a "cheat kill" on the obelisk.
Now the obelisk is not accessable. 
I have verified the server files, made restart, deleted cmd and reinstalled, deleted shootergame and so on. 
IS there a way to get my green obelisk working again ? 
Is it stored in the savefile ? 

Thanks 
Adam

I've never done the second part of this so it may not work and I am a PC player so I don't know how you would do it on console. 

I save my singleplayer game by copying my savedarklocal or equivalent map file somewhere else on my PC. (found steamapps>common>ark>shootergames>saved). If you are not too attached to what you have built on your world I would just transfer my best dinos and my player to another map, delete the savedarklocal folder and start from scratch. This works. I have done it before.

If you are attached to the world I would copy the folder somewhere else in case something goes wrong, then inside the savedarklocal folder I would delete the theisland.ark file and rename one of the dated and timed files from before you deleted your obelisk theisland.ark (It looks like you just have to take the date out of the filename.)

This is just what I would try. Please understand that you mess with your files at your own risk and make sure you make backups before you do anything irreversible.

Hope you get it worked out

I Just googled how to roll back a server and it looks like this should work. I'll give you the link I found and copy / paste the instructions

https://clients.mcprohosting.com/knowledgebase/268/How-to-roll-back-your-ARK-servers-world.html

To roll back your ARK server’s world, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your server control panel.

2. Power off the server by pressing Stop.

3. From the left-hand sidebar, choose FTP File Access.

4. Navigate to this folder: ark/ShooterGame/Saved/SavedArks/

5. Locate your backups. The file called <worldname>.ark is your currently used world that will be loaded on startup. If using TheIsland, the file would be named TheIsland.ark. All other files with dates and times after the world name are your backups.

6. To restore a backup, rename <worldname>.ark to <worldname>.ark.backup, to store a copy just in case you'd like to use it another time.

7. Pick any of the backups in this folder and rename it to <worldname>.ark, so that the file you just previously renamed is replaced by this backup file.

8. Restart the server and the backup world will be loaded up.

I know perfectly fine how to restore savefiles. My initial question was if the obelisk was saved in the savefile or outside it. 
So basicly i have to delete 50+ players 2 weeks progress just to fix an obelisk.  
I guess i have to leave the broken obelisk as it is until we end the season in a few months.

I know perfectly fine how to restore savefiles. My initial question was if the obelisk was saved in the savefile or outside it. 
So basicly i have to delete 50+ players 2 weeks progress just to fix an obelisk.  
I guess i have to leave the broken obelisk as it is until we end the season in a few months.

I had the same problem. I placed down S+ transmitters at Each obilisk and unlocked them for public access.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
8 hours ago, Adamzon said:

That's a backup issue, as you should be backing up a hell of a lot more than every 2 weeks.

Seriously though, that's mad... I never knew they were destructible like that... I suppose it's one way of forcing people to use certain obelisks.

Definitely the savegame has the obelisk details in it.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Is it actually fully 'gone'?

I'm going to have to jump into a singleplayer save and check this out, as in some circumstances this could be useful.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Is it actually fully 'gone'?

I'm going to have to jump into a singleplayer save and check this out, as in some circumstances this could be useful.

It's not fully gone as in it has vanished, it's still there you just can't access its inventory.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
7 hours ago, GP said:

It's not fully gone as in it has vanished, it's still there you just can't access its inventory.

I think this is more a 'feature' and I hope they don't remove it... Maybe they should add it in as an admin-restorable feature.

Even though S+ allows it to be put back somehow, it's not a reliable 'fix' as S+ won't fully be brought in, so this may be something that will end up being removed, and OP( @Adamzon ) will be left in the lurch somehow

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

I think this is more a 'feature' and I hope they don't remove it... Maybe they should add it in as an admin-restorable feature.

Even though S+ allows it to be put back somehow, it's not a reliable 'fix' as S+ won't fully be brought in, so this may be something that will end up being removed, and OP( @Adamzon ) will be left in the lurch somehow

It's not a 'feature' it's mostly likely an oversight.

S+ doesn't allow anything for this problem. The discussion about S+ in this thread is simply talking about placing a Tek Transmitter down and use that instead, which doesn't necessarily need to be S+ and doesn't fix the actual Obelisk, it's just a workaround.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, GP said:

It's not a 'feature' it's mostly likely an oversight.

I'm talking about the fact that using this you could limit where people settle, and have option to regulate more travel in clusters by doing this.

After all, to have a single exit point other than pickups, and a single place to summon bosses, would drive more people toward the one area.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

I'm talking about the fact that using this you could limit where people settle, and have option to regulate more travel in clusters by doing this.

After all, to have a single exit point other than pickups, and a single place to summon bosses, would drive more people toward the one area.

How would it even be a feature if it is only done by "cheat kill" command.

It's more than likely that this is something that would never have crossed someones mind to test and therefore is a glitch that only affects private servers, and possibly single player.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
6 hours ago, GP said:

How would it even be a feature if it is only done by "cheat kill" command.

It's more than likely that this is something that would never have crossed someones mind to test and therefore is a glitch that only affects private servers, and possibly single player.

As I said it _COULD_ be used as a feature, to limit where people reside.

I think you need to let it rest.

I really just hope they don't 'fix' this, and instead make an admin command to regen all the obelisks to reset such an event considering it's only an admin command that can actually break them.

After all, this could be used to STOP ASCENSION...

On 2.11.2017 at 5:05 PM, Adamzon said:

Hello People ! 

Im messing about with Boss Element drop, and when i was going to spawn in the artifacts for the boss i accendently did a "cheat kill" on the obelisk.
I have verified the server files, made restart, deleted cmd and reinstalled, deleted shootergame and so on. 

Thanks 
Adam

Tryed to replace the terminal with the terminal from the mod "Craftable Tribute Terminal"?

I don't know if bosses do work with it. All the rest is the same as with the original obelisk terminal.

• 11 months later...
Guest BubbaCrawfish

@EternalDragon If it's the tek terminal, it's highly likely your world is screwed, and you'll need to look at Ark-Tools and see about exporting and importing everything across to a new world.

Other than backups, I don't think there'll be a way to fix your problem. After all, that's an admin caused issue if that's happened. Should be more careful about who you give admin to.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, Adamzon said:

nHello People ! 

Thanks 
Adam

Post a bug report.  The Devs might not be aware of the issue.

Archived