Obelisks

Dylan1602

2 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

I just need to know whether this is just for the terminal and its metal ring or the entire area surrounding the obelisks?

Not trying to be a dilo, but this should be pretty easy to test yourself, right? Put down a thatch foundation where you want to check for 6x, pike it, and see how much damage it took. I'd test it for you, but I'm both at work and playing unofficial currently (prob doesn't matter, but don't want to give wrong results).

I'd forgotten / didn't know obs were 6x at all though. Great to know so thank you for that!

10 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Anyone know what signifies a cave? Rag is full of things that I suppose could be called caves, or not called caves....

I've wondered this myself, and beyond the method I mentioned above, good question. My assumption is that 6x starts when and if you get that sudden lighting and sound change as you enter a "true" cave. Given that Obs are 6x, in the open air, there's a pretty good chance that's incorrect though. Rag being so big, even WC may not remember the places they did or did not implement 6x :D

28 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Anyone know what signifies a cave? Rag is full of things that I suppose could be called caves, or not called caves....

If there's a hole in a mountain, hill, or leading to underground it's usually a cave where structures take 6x. If you're unsure, place a thatch foundation and hit it a few times. It'll be easy to tell.

4 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

I don't see why it would be 6x damage for obelisks as well though? As they are completely out in the open.

And is it just the obelisk platform or the surrounding area as well?

Because sausages and alphas like to control obelisks and build over them to prevent others from using them.

17 hours ago, Arkasaurio said:

Not trying to be a dilo, but this should be pretty easy to test yourself, right? Put down a thatch foundation where you want to check for 6x, pike it, and see how much damage it took. I'd test it for you, but I'm both at work and playing unofficial currently (prob doesn't matter, but don't want to give wrong results).

I'd forgotten / didn't know obs were 6x at all though. Great to know so thank you for that!

I've wondered this myself, and beyond the method I mentioned above, good question. My assumption is that 6x starts when and if you get that sudden lighting and sound change as you enter a "true" cave. Given that Obs are 6x, in the open air, there's a pretty good chance that's incorrect though. Rag being so big, even WC may not remember the places they did or did not implement 6x :D

I would've and I was trying to get my brother to test it because I was at work and looking for a quick answer. Still haven't tested it because we chose to build somewhere else instead aha. Save all of the hassle... I can test it tonight though if you'd like and come back to you?

7 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

I would've and I was trying to get my brother to test it because I was at work and looking for a quick answer. Still haven't tested it because we chose to build somewhere else instead aha. Save all of the hassle... I can test it tonight though if you'd like and come back to you?

It's pure curiosity for me - I don't have the moxy to build on an ob (always hiding) regardless if it's standard damage or 6x.

Archived