New Player Start

Cowie16

Well, It really does depend on what your preferences are. I my self play on a PvE server. I put a lot of time and effort into building my base and enjoy finding the perfect tames with the right stats. In PvP this is just something that isnt focused on, or at the very least there is 0 security. You are more than likely going to log back into the pvp server to find you base that you have started has been destroyed by and alpha tribe. If you want to stand any chance you will need a fairly large trustworthy tribe to be apart of and you are not likely to be invited to one if you are new to a server and have not made yourself known to be trustworthy. People get very nervous inviting strangers to a tribe that they have put a lot of work into. 

PvE for me is actually relaxing and enjoyable because you can start of solo and just go at your own pace while getting to know people. I did the same thing and eventually started my own alliance with a few people that i had gotten to know and a couple of weeks ago invited one of those people to my tribe. There are lots of nice people in PvE and if thats your thing you will enjoy it!

But if you arnt to fussed about taking things slow and steady and just want to get into killing each other and raiding bases pvp is the way to go for that. 

Hope this helps in some way! 

Good luck and have fun:Jerbhi:

Well, It really does depend on what your preferences are. I my self play on a PvE server. I put a lot of time and effort into building my base and enjoy finding the perfect tames with the right stats. In PvP this is just something that isnt focused on, or at the very least there is 0 security. You are more than likely going to log back into the pvp server to find you base that you have started has been destroyed by and alpha tribe. If you want to stand any chance you will need a fairly large trustworthy tribe to be apart of and you are not likely to be invited to one if you are new to a server and have not made yourself known to be trustworthy. People get very nervous inviting strangers to a tribe that they have put a lot of work into. 

PvE for me is actually relaxing and enjoyable because you can start of solo and just go at your own pace while getting to know people. I did the same thing and eventually started my own alliance with a few people that i had gotten to know and a couple of weeks ago invited one of those people to my tribe. There are lots of nice people in PvE and if thats your thing you will enjoy it!

But if you arnt to fussed about taking things slow and steady and just want to get into killing each other and raiding bases pvp is the way to go for that. 

Hope this helps in some way! 

Good luck and have fun:Jerbhi:
Thank you for replying any good PvE server that aren't completely built on already?

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, PvP can seem very frustrating at first, but once you play it for a small while you quickly develop a rhythm. PvP ark is probably one of the most gratifying things if done correctly. The dynamic of base building and trying to be stealthy vs being open and aggressive is very entertaining, Most of the time if you pick your servers right alpha tribes are not a problem as much as people like to say they are. In my humble opinion, PvP is the way the Ark's devs built the game, and it delivers a very, VERY entertaining experience all round. However, it is all down to personal preference.

One should start out with single player in order to learn the game mechanics and how things work before subjecting yourself to the rigors and abuse of on line gaming.

In single player, your game is frozen when you log off for the day. On multiplayer, the game runs 24-7 if you are playing or not. Your character and tames are vulnerable to attack by others or the wild creatures when you are off line.

Determine what you want to do. That is the beauty of this open world survival game.

2eJsMgz.jpg

Archived