How do you close gaps between ceilings/walls and ground?

AdligerAdler

Built my dino pen on ceilings on pillars. I built walls from the ceilings down, but this great building system doesn't allow to place a little part of a wall into the ground, so no wall, and big ugly gaps are left.

How do you deal with that?

I used to place storage boxes in the gaps but that looks so shabby. Ramps can be placed into the ground (not always though) but having a dino pen surrounded by ramps doesn't look good. And ramps can't close the gaps at corners.

Probably going for fence foundation + wall. Or is there a better method?

Don't want other players to go under my pen and steal eggs that fell through the ceiling. And don't want wild dinos to go under it.

I just built a huge dino pen that is on the side of a rather steep hill.  Half of the pen has the incline from the hill inside as bare ground.  Annoying.  The more annoying thing is that in a lot of places, you can just crawl under the walls since the walls won't clip into the ground.  I used fence foundation magic to fill in those gaps.

Stand right on top of where you want the wall to be, go to place fence foundation.  Crouch and line of the fence foundation basically right underneath you and have it be just barely outside of the walls.  If placed right, when you build a wall on the fence foundation a portion of the wall will clip into the existing wall, creating a perfect seal.

I made metal fence and metal railing to make them look like air vents.

pretty cool. you cannot snap them so I put them on the inside edge

you can  achieve this by using fence foundation on the outside edge of non thatch ceiling, 

place a wall above and beneath the fence foundation,

extend it with a ceiling,

place pillars to support that ceiling,

extend that ceiling in a direction where it allows you to place ("glitch") a fence foundation on the ground,

extend that foundation back to the wall,

do a 90 degree turn at the wall,

place the railing on it

it's easier done than explained xD

On 1.11.2017 at 12:09 AM, AdligerAdler said:

Built my dino pen on ceilings on pillars. I built walls from the ceilings down, but this great building system doesn't allow to place a little part of a wall into the ground, so no wall, and big ugly gaps are left.

How do you deal with that?

I used to place storage boxes in the gaps but that looks so shabby. Ramps can be placed into the ground (not always though) but having a dino pen surrounded by ramps doesn't look good. And ramps can't close the gaps at corners.

Probably going for fence foundation + wall. Or is there a better method?

Don't want other players to go under my pen and steal eggs that fell through the ceiling. And don't want wild dinos to go under it.

Play on a server where no-collision option is enabled. (The most servers have this option enabled)

Archived