How do you kite a barn on pve?

Marine1Delta

So someone has been greifing me and i want to wipe his base. He has a decent location with all stone, has a  barn he keeps his dinos in, but its on a fairly hard to reach location. Its not impossible but i feel like if i try to kite something up it would attack other bases as well. The rag server has no giga spaws and i think only 1 titan spawn, all blocked. Im great at tanking wyverns but idk, if i kite them all the way from the scar to blue ob, how i would get them to agro. Any kiting/wiping techniques or strategies i can get to help?

Its not advised you take matters into your own hands. If you can obtain proof you are being griefed and believe it is proof that can get this tribe banned, submit a ticket. When you take matters into your own hands, you will risk getting caught and could get yourself banned. 

Submit a ticket and while you wait, focus on improving your defences.

Kiting dinos is NOT a bannable offense.  Used to be, but WC officially came out and said "don't bother us with tickets like this anymore.  We gave you a tool to prevent this already.  It's called walls and a roof."

To the OP, if his dinos are in a fully enclosed pen, with not even a tail or head poking out and no gaps in the walls, you cannot kite stuff to their base.  The only way a wild dino will agro to someone elses dino is if those dinos are somehow out in the open.  If there's a wyvern tail poking through a wall, a dino will be able to agro to that, but it won't be able to damage the wyvern through the wall.

If they're built out of stone, a giga, titano, therizino or rock golem would agro to the tail and break its way in.  Unless they have ORP on, which I think every PvE server has now.  If dude's not online you won't be able to do anything.... but if you get one of those wild dinos up to their base, as soon as they log on they're in for a surprise.

NOW, if they DO have dinos out in the open, you should have been kiting bats over there for the past two days.  Failing bats, argies or bugs will work.

In order to successfully kite a wild dino, you need to stay within 1 foundation distance from its attack range.  Going further than that will cause the dino to lose interest pretty quickly.  Best to use a high HP griff to kite a wild.  The way agro works, wild dinos will agro to the nearest possible target.  So if you're trying to kite a giga, it will stop at literally every wild dino on the way to eat.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 10/31/2017 at 12:02 PM, Marine1Delta said:

So someone has been greifing me and i want to wipe his base. He has a decent location with all stone, has a  barn he keeps his dinos in, but its on a fairly hard to reach location. Its not impossible but i feel like if i try to kite something up it would attack other bases as well. The rag server has no giga spaws and i think only 1 titan spawn, all blocked. Im great at tanking wyverns but idk, if i kite them all the way from the scar to blue ob, how i would get them to agro. Any kiting/wiping techniques or strategies i can get to help?

It's not your place to take manners into your own hands and grief the other player back. If you do that you risk having your own account actioned against.

If you have issues with a player or tribe you need to submit a ticket to support here:

https://support.survivetheark.com

And let the support staff handle it.

Archived