End This Stupid Event EARLY PLEASE

theronin

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Friesian said:

I wasn’t around for any of the old events cause I’m a new player, but I liked the concept of the event, just not the execution. The eternal darkness is annoying, not cool, and barely any of the special drops that I find even work. 

I'm in the exact same boat. If it had been thought out properly this might of been really fun. But as is, darkness is a pain anyway, lengthening it doubly so. Skins are cool, but if they are buggy, or repeats, then you wasted the effort trying to get them.

21 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

"Hi look a turkey, am on a rex what could possible go wrong ? RUN AWAY !!" Sigh the good old days

Hahaha I will be attempting to squish them with my Giga and Lightning Wyvern. If those can't stop them, then we must prepare to outlast the Turkey Apocalypse! May the Ark God have mercy!

2 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

Hahaha I will be attempting to squish them with my Giga and Lightning Wyvern. If those can't stop them, then we must prepare to outlast the Turkey Apocalypse! May the Ark God have mercy!

If I remember correctly,  Turkeys were buffed against tames, but you could dispatch them with weapons easily.. Plus they nerfed them within a day last year cause players cried and wanted easy mode. 

36 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Cant wait till that thanks giving event comes around (if it does) and they unleash the super turkeys (if they do). Then people will wonder why the fuss over a few spiders and bats ! Haha

Agreed!  I just hope they bring them back, and that they don't nerf them!  It actually creates a different challenge as opposed to being able to just chomp on them with a high level rex or something!

42 minutes ago, Shadex said:

I seriously hope they are ignoring the majority of the ungrateful crappy attitude posts in these Halloween threads. They are made by individuals that probably never say thank you when someone opens a door for them and responds to anything given to them with, "Is that all? "

Maybe we should appreciate that we got an event at all with all these other issues people are screaming about on the forums that have to be fixed 'right now or I quit!'

Just wondering how many Dino’s you lost during this event, I am a new player too and in the process of building a big indoor base, however had no idea this was coming.  I logged in (on pve) to find my doed dead for some reason nothing in log why plus the log was out of order, and as I realized that a bat killed my trike.  Kinda hard to build a stone base with a doed that just “died” while I was offline no it didn’t starve or drown either, with bats out of nowhere attacking base.  I almost lost a 263 dire bear (gift) because as I walked out base about 10 spiders millipedes and bats attacked.  That’s not hard or challenging just cheap.  With the blue screens and time outs this game doesn’t need more cheap aside from the cheap mechanics it has while working.  This is a bad ass game but in a game that is pay 60 bucks and play,  this’s kind of event says”we have your money we want to lighten the server load and make our jobs easier, oh and here’s some crappy skins.”

I wouldn’t bitch either but the doed part pisses me off.  That was a glitch not my fault and just annoying to lose another Dino to glitches, but then add in this event and it is reason to complain.  Also you can’t log off for two days because Dino’s starve.  

9 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

If I remember correctly,  Turkeys were buffed against tames, but you could dispatch them with weapons easily.. Plus they nerfed them within a day last year cause players cried and wanted easy mode. 

Ah that rings a bell, am a bit hazy with that event was a while ago. Liked the added danger, especially since it was something as seemly harmless as a domesticated turkey.

5 minutes ago, Wolffblade said:

Just wondering how many Dino’s you lost during this event, I am a new player too and in the process of building a big indoor base, however had no idea this was coming.  I logged in (on pve) to find my doed dead for some reason nothing in log why plus the log was out of order, and as I realized that a bat killed my trike.  Kinda hard to build a stone base with a doed that just “died” while I was offline no it didn’t starve or drown either, with bats out of nowhere attacking base.  I almost lost a 263 dire bear (gift) because as I walked out base about 10 spiders millipedes and bats attacked.  That’s not hard or challenging just cheap.  With the blue screens and time outs this game doesn’t need more cheap aside from the cheap mechanics it has while working.  This is a bad ass game but in a game that is pay 60 bucks and play,  this’s kind of event says”we have your money we want to lighten the server load and make our jobs easier, oh and here’s some crappy skins.”

I wouldn’t bitch either but the doed part pisses me off.  That was a glitch not my fault and just annoying to lose another Dino to glitches, but then add in this event and it is reason to complain.  Also you can’t log off for two days because Dino’s starve.  

That sounds a bit weird about the doed. Are you a solo person because if you are that doed should not have died, because of ORP should have prevented that. Also you should be able to log of for more than two days, most dinos can go for a week before starving, even gigas will last more than two days.

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah that rings a bell, am a bit hazy with that event was a while ago. Liked the added danger, especially since it was something as seemly harmless as a domesticated turkey.

That sounds a bit weird about the doed. Are you a solo person because if you are that doed should not have died, because of ORP should have prevented that. Also you should be able to log of for more than two days, most dinos can go for a week before starving, even gigas will last more than two days.

Yea I play solo, it was a sever error, and it was after a disconnect, I got back in, got my stuff, checked and doed was still alive, I logged for the night then.  When I got hnext day at 1, logged around 7ish night before)back on the Halloween event was started I looked around checked my Dino’s and couldn’t find doed, so checked log it showed that it “died” (no reason) and that right after I “died” which is impossible because when I logged for night before all my Dino’s were alive so was I.  At that point the bats spawned in base and killed my trike, so logged and haven’t played much since.  It was impossible for the thing to die in my base for the five minutes I was offline when I got booted, and I didn’t die after because after I got booted I got my stuff and doed was alive I logged for night.  Oh and was in the pen with my shark when got booted that’s why I drown, but doed was on land.  it was the next morning it said it “died” and me after it. That’s why I was pissed.  

^I honestly dont expect it to be fixed by tomorrow, day cycle is normal, bats and cents have doubled since the recent maintenance, i just saw a patch of beach with at least 10+ of each,    hit me so rapidly i flew up into the air. These people are breaking their game over and over and communicating nothing.

10 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Cant wait till that thanks giving event comes around (if it does) and they unleash the super turkeys (if they do). Then people will wonder why the fuss over a few spiders and bats ! Haha

Honestly i cant wait for the thanksgiving event just because of how insane and amazing the dodorex was

11 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Yep, all true.

They were terribly balanced though to begin with, I mean what was the point of a tiny little turkey that a creature the size of a rex or giga was actually in danger of being killed by? I know, "realism and ARK"... but even so, that was a little dumb.

• Wildcard Community
35 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

Yep, all true.

They were terribly balanced though to begin with, I mean what was the point of a tiny little turkey that a creature the size of a rex or giga was actually in danger of being killed by? I know, "realism and ARK"... but even so, that was a little dumb.

The point was to have a nod to the old image of a pilgrim hunting down turkeys for thanksgiving with a musket, which is why they took greater damage from weapons than from creatures.

23 minutes ago, Eli said:

The point was to have a nod to the old image of a pilgrim hunting down turkeys for thanksgiving with a musket, which is why they took greater damage from weapons than from creatures.

I know, and that was absolutely fine :)

Just a bit ridiculous that they could kill creatures that were 100x their size is all.

So with this event, did they decide to just keep the spawns the same? 

Titanoboa's were never in our build area before. Did a meat run last night (8 PM). Megalosaurus', Araeno's, Onyc still in a different area than original spawn point. Then they said they were going to do update last night right before I logged (10:20 PM and this is PS4) so I thought they would be ending the event then but when I logged back on this morning before work I didn't have to download anything and was still seeing Titanoboa's in our area. 

Just need to know if these spawns are going to be the new norm so I can change my tactics a bit if so. 

@Eli You've been active last few days. Any info?

4 hours ago, TranqRex said:

Yep, all true.

It did offer an obstacle that had to be dealt with.. if they were easy to kill,  then what's the point? 

3 hours ago, Eli said:

Eli, do you know if WC is aware of the event creatures still spawning in ridiculous numbers all over officials? Sorry if im posting too much about this, but i haven't seen a single acknowledgement from WC about this very serious situation. The game is unplayable for any remotely low-level tribes and theyre even spawning inside the bases of high level tribes and killing passives. Why have thou forsaken us, who gave of our $60 without hesitation.

1 hour ago, 5th seed said:

Over ark, halloween dinos and bugs still i game after event has finished. Lost theriziosoures, steggo, pateredon and more, due to these stupid things spawning inside of base and dino pens. Cant go out side without being attacked by 6 lvl 140 onyxs. Realy dislike the game at the moment.

the winter event from 2015 was horrid for some, I wonder if we will have a snowy island for this years winter event.

3 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

It did offer an obstacle that had to be dealt with.. if they were easy to kill,  then what's the point? 

I'm not really disagreeing - in terms of having to deal with an obstacle. I welcome a challenge and didn't actually mind the turkeys - I lost plenty to them, but I had plenty of fun beating them. I just think they shouldn't have been able to kill giga's etc as it seems completely ridiculous.

Archived