End This Stupid Event EARLY PLEASE

theronin

I enjoy it (except the long nights). I still need skins and a megalania couple. I'm really happy that this event happens, megalosaurs on surface!

Playing since January but never had one. Most other players neither it seemed. Every time someone in the chat asks for megalosaur eggs no one answers.

I got my taming raft and lured 3 of them in (not all at once though).  Killed alphas for prime and tamed them. High lvl theris here I come. If only the theri's maturing time wasn's so long... I don't really want to breed them without 2x beding & maturing.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, theronin said:

Spot on. 

Christmas event?  Constant snow biome cold on entire map and squids climbing the metal mountains if this half assed event is any indication.  Oh don't forget recycled santa hat skins.

Its bad enough we are finding Santa hat skins and reindeer skins in the drops during Halloween!!!! This was so lazy T-T

Are they trolling us? I've been waiting 2 days to jump in and finally start fresh,(Impossible to get anything started with pathetically OP bats and centipedes aggroing every 5 steps) and i keep having all my ppl ready to go! First noon, then 3, now it says 7pm as if it were changed right at 2:59 to raptor with me. This is just pathetic man, its already a lazy low effort insult to anyone who saw the early access events, why not just let it die? Do you guys think WC is just trolling? 

When is the halloween event going to end? Speaking for most small tribes on official this event was horrible for alot of people having their bases completely dino wiped by wild dinos that they were nowere near ready to fight as well as trolls taking advantage of this and rolling through and blowing up everyones base they can find in the confusion id say this event is probably going to get alot of hate for what it did to alot of tribes that just started out

1 minute ago, Flyingskunk18 said:

When is the halloween event going to end? Speaking for most small tribes on official this event was horrible for alot of people having their bases completely dino wiped by wild dinos that they were nowere near ready to fight as well as trolls taking advantage of this and rolling through and blowing up everyones base they can find in the confusion id say this event is probably going to get alot of hate for what it did to alot of tribes that just started out

hevy

2 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

What is really sad is the Official servers won't see the Halloween events that Legacy saw the last two Halloweens :( Fear Evolved 1 and 2 were amazing! Right now zombie dodos and zombie wyvern do not exist on Official...

That's sad T-T

I absolutely loved fear evolved last year i was playing xbox for the last 2 years before starting on ps4 because all my buddies stopped playing on xbox. But sadly 90% of my best ark experiences were in early access like first time dodo rexs came out we had a huge 100 man war and had our enemys spawning in 4 dodo rexs to take out our alliance. Honest to god the most fun and intense raid ive ever been in and a great way to spend 14 hours ?

1 minute ago, Flyingskunk18 said:

I absolutely loved fear evolved last year i was playing xbox for the last 2 years before starting on ps4 because all my buddies stopped playing on xbox. But sadly 90% of my best ark experiences were in early access like first time dodo rexs came out we had a huge 100 man war and had our enemys spawning in 4 dodo rexs to take out our alliance. Honest to god the most fun and intense raid ive ever been in and a great way to spend 14 hours ?

I saw the dodo rex on Fear Evolved 1 and then I wasn't playing Ark during Fear Evolved 2. I was really hoping to see Dodo Wyvern this year... I grinded death worms and the alphas to level my best lightning wyvern up in stamina and melee to fight the Dodo Wyvern :(

6 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

I saw the dodo rex on Fear Evolved 1 and then I wasn't playing Ark during Fear Evolved 2. I was really hoping to see Dodo Wyvern this year... I grinded death worms and the alphas to level my best lightning wyvern up in stamina and melee to fight the Dodo Wyvern :(

I wasn't around for Fear Evolved 1, but 2 was crazy!  At the time I thought it was actually too crazy.  I remember logging in one time to a Skeleton Rex attacking my base!  I piked it to death but it took forever and scared the crap out of me.  Plus every time I'd be flying at night and see the words at the top of the screen announcing the arrival of the DodoRex somewhere on the map just kept me looking over my shoulder all night LOL.  I actually looked forward to the announcement that it was gone.  Looking back, wow it was so cool!!!  It's also why I can't help but laugh at these people who are crying over bats and spiders LOL

Ok, I'm pretty new here so I wanted to throw in my own experience with this event, and why I agree with the OP. I've been playing about 3 weeks now, but due to a myriad of factors I play solo. I'm still allied to some pretty big tribes so I don't get raided or anything, but there are a lot of restrictions on what I can, as a player, do. A lot of you are veterans looking to get some unique skins, ok cool. But for a guy like me?

I don't have a huge amount of dinos to begin with, so when giant freaking bats keep glitching into my base killing all my herbivores it's a huge problem for me. It's literally days worth of work on my part to gather the eggs, and make the kibble and locate and defend a tame. So when my level 170 Anky, 180 Trike, 190 Raptor, and 255 Ptera are all killed while I'm offline it's a real problem for me. I'm not usually one to complain, but when the fundamentals of the game change and a new threat is introduced at a moments notice it is game breaking.

You say log off for a few days? Why so I can come back to a completely wipe base and no dinos, all because the Devs thought it would be cool to release powerful cave monsters on the surface for a few days, that tend to glitch into my base and destroy everything? Not to mention that night time for a solo player is a freaking nightmare. I haven't been able to tame and have barely had enough time just to fix the damage already done!

I get that the skins are important to you guys, but for newer players, small tribes, or solo players, this thing was a literal nightmare. I couldn't hit any crates for cool stuff, because I was too busy trying to keep my tames alive. I've lost far more than I've gained. I'm not going to quit over this or anything, but it made the game way less fun for me to have all my hard work erased over some arbitrary decision.

I seriously hope they are ignoring the majority of the ungrateful crappy attitude posts in these Halloween threads. They are made by individuals that probably never say thank you when someone opens a door for them and responds to anything given to them with, "Is that all? "

Maybe we should appreciate that we got an event at all with all these other issues people are screaming about on the forums that have to be fixed 'right now or I quit!'

18 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

I wasn't around for Fear Evolved 1, but 2 was crazy!  At the time I thought it was actually too crazy.  I remember logging in one time to a Skeleton Rex attacking my base!  I piked it to death but it took forever and scared the crap out of me.  Plus every time I'd be flying at night and see the words at the top of the screen announcing the arrival of the DodoRex somewhere on the map just kept me looking over my shoulder all night LOL.  I actually looked forward to the announcement that it was gone.  Looking back, wow it was so cool!!!  It's also why I can't help but laugh at these people who are crying over bats and spiders LOL

I laugh at the players complaining this Halloween was hard too xD if anything, the extra spawns were just annoying. I squished everything in my way like they were nothing :P nothing about it was thrilling.

11 minutes ago, Glerian said:

Ok, I'm pretty new here so I wanted to throw in my own experience with this event, and why I agree with the OP. I've been playing about 3 weeks now, but due to a myriad of factors I play solo. I'm still allied to some pretty big tribes so I don't get raided or anything, but there are a lot of restrictions on what I can, as a player, do. A lot of you are veterans looking to get some unique skins, ok cool. But for a guy like me?

I don't have a huge amount of dinos to begin with, so when giant freaking bats keep glitching into my base killing all my herbivores it's a huge problem for me. It's literally days worth of work on my part to gather the eggs, and make the kibble and locate and defend a tame. So when my level 170 Anky, 180 Trike, 190 Raptor, and 255 Ptera are all killed while I'm offline it's a real problem for me. I'm not usually one to complain, but when the fundamentals of the game change and a new threat is introduced at a moments notice it is game breaking.

You say log off for a few days? Why so I can come back to a completely wipe base and no dinos, all because the Devs thought it would be cool to release powerful cave monsters on the surface for a few days, that tend to glitch into my base and destroy everything? Not to mention that night time for a solo player is a freaking nightmare. I haven't been able to tame and have barely had enough time just to fix the damage already done!

I get that the skins are important to you guys, but for newer players, small tribes, or solo players, this thing was a literal nightmare. I couldn't hit any crates for cool stuff, because I was too busy trying to keep my tames alive. I've lost far more than I've gained. I'm not going to quit over this or anything, but it made the game way less fun for me to have all my hard work erased over some arbitrary decision.

yeah it sucks today, but imagine the stories you will tell your children years from now!!!

5 minutes ago, Shadex said:

I seriously hope they are ignoring the majority of the ungrateful crappy attitude posts in these Halloween threads. They are made by individuals that probably never say thank you when someone opens a door for them and responds to anything given to them with, "Is that all? "

Maybe we should appreciate that we got an event at all with all these other issues people are screaming about on the forums that have to be fixed 'right now or I quit!'

That's kind of silly, isn't it? Be thankful you got an event at all when, at least in my experience, the event is actually WORSE than the real game. Why would I be thankful that there is an event that caused my tames to die to glitch bats, and lessened my overall playing experience? Why should I be thankful for getting something that I didn't ask for, I didn't want, and actually hurts my experience?

11 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

I laugh at the players complaining this Halloween was hard too xD if anything, the extra spawns were just annoying. I squished everything in my way like they were nothing :P nothing about it was thrilling.

Cant wait till that thanks giving event comes around (if it does) and they unleash the super turkeys (if they do). Then people will wonder why the fuss over a few spiders and bats ! Haha

Archived