BIG problems, that I don't see the devs addressing

chadwelltarly

7 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Whenever people are tight-lipped about something they have absolutely no reason to be tight-lipped about I just assume they have no actual plan. It usually turns out to be true. How long have they apparently been working on the kibble redesign? By now, if a plan existed, the new system would be so refined as to blow us all away with how much better it is compared to the current system. :D

Your conspiracy could be true. It could also be that Wildcard has finally realized when they announce the changes they're in the process of making, a small percentage of customers start believing that they individually have a say in the decisions the Devs make...and then proceed to lose their minds all over the internet when it doesn't happen the way they told the devs to do it.

Neither of us know for sure. The only real difference between you and I on this topic is that I'm less likely to assume malice and/or conspiracy.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm unsure WC will ever be able to fix all the problems contained inside the game but given the complexity of the game I kinda saw this as part of the deal going in. Also their communication is horrible which only adds to some players frustrations... better communication could seriously reduce the unhappiness players spew.

4 hours ago, Poliander said:

Falling through ceilings and getting stuck in foundations. Do you even play this game mate? And this is just top off my head in 2 seconds....

There are so many bugs with physics in the game that were here form the start one has just to point at anything of it in game, and it is likely there would be a bug in there since game release.

Sure, those are things we know of. And they are rather problems with the games engine. He wrote about major gamebreaking problems. Engine bugs that can be prevented easily and if doing so, have no real impact on your experience are nowhere near gamebreaking.

>You fall through ceilings?

Don't log off on ceilings

>You get stuck in foundations?

Don't log off on foundations.

7 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

That stuff was given 2 years ago, and a few have posted about the same problem cause i followed it for a while, ive read so many time support tickets get ignored, yes i will throw another support ticket, but should i have to keep on at them over and over before somethings gets done, i mean 2 years, theres no excuse 

Can you try a repair on your installation of Ark on your Xbox?  Also, move your configuration files (not sure where they would be at under xbox one, but make sure you don't get the default ones), your recently saved (from the bad game with the no-respawning resources)  *.arktribe file, your LocalPlayer.arkprofile file, and your TheIsland.ark file (or xbox equivalents) to a usb drive, and then move those to a drop box/google drive with a link to each file.  Then submit a bug report with details such as how long it takes before the resouces stop respawning (do they stop respawning right away, or do they respawn for 10 saves and then stop respawning? -- that kind of respaonse), which resources stop respawning first, when do you notice it, a rough estimate on how long you have been running that particular single-player game, and anything special or unusual you might have done with it (moving the ark installation to an external harddrive, for instance, or maybe there was a weird patch update that had to be repeated, or the like).  And then include the dropbox/google links in the bug report.  All of that matters.

Don't assume that just because you reported it two years ago means that you shouldn't report it again.  They could have actually fixed the problem, and then accidentally broken it again without knowing it.  (Yes, that kind of crap can very easily happen.)  Also don't assume that just because some other players report it that they'll be able to act on it.  A lot of players cannot give good bug reports.  If the developers themselves cannot reproduce the behavior, they can't troubleshoot it.  And if they can't troubleshoot it, you're not going to get a fix.

Developers have to prioritize what they can do.  You can help that by making it easier for them to figure out what is wrong.  

9 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

So I am trolling because you claim you have proof to major issues WC seems to ignore for two years to screw with its players, yet when I ask you for a bit of said proof, you dodge, get defensive and insult me as blind?

K den. I'm trolling.

You still going on ??

Like i said its not you that i have to prove anything to, better things to do with my life than waste any more of it on you, so im done here thanks

• Wildcard Community
On 10/31/2017 at 12:11 AM, chadwelltarly said:

I've seen these questions or similar all over the forums, and in the Digest Q&A posts, and I'm not seeing anywhere that they're being responded to, or answered by anyone in authority. If I'm wrong, and you know of a post, or thread where something here has been addressed please let me know, as I'm truly interested. 

@Jatheish  

@Jen

@Jeremy Stieglitz

I'm sure you all get tagged in 2 out of every 3 posts on the forums where people are complaining etc. But I feel like these questions are being overlooked, or in the case of the kibble system revamp, just not detailed enough information in my opinion. 

So here are my questions, and concerns that I'm unable to find an official, and informative response to.

What are you planning to do about Timers? (which are ruining the game for regular players, and based on the accounts I've read, not stopping most people that are duping) 

What are you planning to do about the large amount of capped servers? I play on 4 servers right now, 2 are capped, and the other 2 feel remarkable close....

Why put out a steam sale, and not add new servers to coincide with that influx of players? Seems logical to assume that these new players are just going to flood, and overfill the already strained, or capped servers....

How long until you finally phase out legacy for good so we can have a more reasonable number of official servers again?

Are you considering options to reduce the need for egg farms? and if so what are they?

Will we ever see this "reworked kibble system"?

Is the current Halloween event (Halloween 2017) your idea of an enjoyable event? it appears underwhelming to me, and the wild dinos added seem to only really inconvenience newer players, and don't seem to do much for the rest of us. 

Whilst I am none of the people you mentioned, I will try to answer these questions to my best capabilities.

1) For now, these timers remain in effect. We receive reports all the time about duplication and chase down these said reports, but so far we keep coming up with red herrings and dead ends. Now, don't take this as us being complacent and thinking "it's perfect there's no need to fix it", but the fact of the matter is that right now we actually spend more time chasing down erroneous duplication reports than we do actually finding flaws in the current mechanics that would require fixing.

2) As much as I'd like to think that the kibble rework system would help alleviate some of these dino cap issues, it's ultimately up to players to whittle down their menageries.

3) Sales aren't always a situation that we are in control of. Sometimes we can request our provider with the intent of having a sale, other times our provider goes "hey we want to feature your product in our sale".

4) If we do repurpose more legacy servers we will do so and will make an announcement of such.

5) The kibble rework system may help alleviate some of these issues.

6) Yes, roughly around or after the same time frame as the Dino TLC pass.

7) While lacking in comparison to previous Fear Evolved events, this years event does follow the spirit of previous ones. Every Fear Evolved has creatures of the underworld rising up to the surface to haunt survivors, and this one is no different. However, rather than a select few underworld creatures plus the dodorex, we opted to unleash all the bottom dwellers to make up for the lack of the dodorex for this year.

2 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

You still going on ??

Like i said its not you that i have to prove anything to, better things to do with my life than waste any more of it on you, so im done here thanks

You don't get it.

You have to prove it to the people here who can prove it to WC. If you only claim that something exists without showing any evidence to it, how people gonna believe you and try to change it?

You're literally crying wolf about some issues you cannot pinpoint.

If you actually found some major BIG issues, make them a big deal, so WC reacts to it. But you rather det defensive and stomp your small foot while saying: "I ain't showing you anything despite it being a major BIG issue"

If you want to do it this way, fine. But it won't help you getting rid of the issues.

4 hours ago, Eli said:

Whilst I am none of the people you mentioned, I will try to answer these questions to my best capabilities.

1) For now, these timers remain in effect. We receive reports all the time about duplication and chase down these said reports, but so far we keep coming up with red herrings and dead ends. Now, don't take this as us being complacent and thinking "it's perfect there's no need to fix it", but the fact of the matter is that right now we actually spend more time chasing down erroneous duplication reports than we do actually finding flaws in the current mechanics that would require fixing.

2) As much as I'd like to think that the kibble rework system would help alleviate some of these dino cap issues, it's ultimately up to players to whittle down their menageries.

3) Sales aren't always a situation that we are in control of. Sometimes we can request our provider with the intent of having a sale, other times our provider goes "hey we want to feature your product in our sale".

4) If we do repurpose more legacy servers we will do so and will make an announcement of such.

5) The kibble rework system may help alleviate some of these issues.

6) Yes, roughly around or after the same time frame as the Dino TLC pass.

7) While lacking in comparison to previous Fear Evolved events, this years event does follow the spirit of previous ones. Every Fear Evolved has creatures of the underworld rising up to the surface to haunt survivors, and this one is no different. However, rather than a select few underworld creatures plus the dodorex, we opted to unleash all the bottom dwellers to make up for the lack of the dodorex for this year.

1) if you keep timers you need to add Auctons house, and come op with something to move from your base on one server to your base on other server. 

2) this is just bs, servers where capped way before most got to the hoarding part, this was due to way to few servers, atleast 100 tribes on ragnarok servers, and a a 5k limit, do the math. People need breeding  for bosses, fun etc. if you only can build on pve,(which your servers handle badly) i would much rather play other games with much better build system(no i dont play official)

You took that as an insult ?? ok

I dont need to prove anything to you, you are not relevant to the problem or able to resolve it, so why would i waste my time, i have better things to do than run around proving things to every tom, sausage and harry on this forum.....

The bug that kills my game in the one where resource nodes dont spawn back, i end up having to travel a long way to get resources, i have the settings turned right down so they are supposed to respawn right close to my base, but it doesn't happen, i end up with a barren looking build with no trees around, some iron nodes dont respawn back, even though ive built no where near them, and made worse on SE as trees are fairly rare as is, i reported this 2 years ago, and we still have this problem
Why don't you stop coming in making a claim with no proof to back it up

1 hour ago, Rubberduck said:

People need breeding  for bosses

Yes we do but when we get that new breed, new stat, we need to get rid of something old and worse. Trade it off server or kill it. We have hatched at least 500 Rex's on officials since August. Out of those hatches we have raised maybe a 1/3 of them. Out of those roughly 165 we have 40 left. When we hatch the next set we'll still ultimately end up with 40 because we trade away or kill off the worse statted ones. You have to make that decision though. If you keep almost everything you hatch you reach 500 in no time and worse the server limit reaches its max in no time. 

We just finished raising 2 Wyvern's and 6 Rex's (finished last night). We now have 148 dino's and we have multiple Anky's, doedics, bears, sabers, almost all imprint kibble dino's (we trade for stego, trike, plus have built up our Dodo supply already) bronto's, basil's, other Wyvern's, Argies, Morellatops, Scorpions, etc. 

By the end of tonight we'll be back down to 142 dino's and after this weekend we'll be back to about 120 before the new hatchings/tamings. 

While we can all stand our ground and say 'Wildcard needs to improve the server's so it can handle a larger dino capacity" and that is a true statement we still need to be responsible enough to know that their current server's can not handle that and need to work within the current system while trying to push for the changes. Breaking the server will not fix the problem but rather result in long and tedious transfers (which don't seem to help), boredom, big builds further degrading the server performance because what else is there to do?, and eventually exit from the game. 

Kill or trade the dino's you don't need while simultaneously hounding WC to improve the server's capabilities. That way you can keep playing the game you enjoy and possibly get to see the optimizations in the future that allow you to grow even more. 

2 hours ago, Rubberduck said:

1) if you keep timers you need to add Auctons house, and come op with something to move from your base on one server to your base on other server. 

2) this is just bs, servers where capped way before most got to the hoarding part, this was due to way to few servers, atleast 100 tribes on ragnarok servers, and a a 5k limit, do the math. People need breeding  for bosses, fun etc. if you only can build on pve,(which your servers handle badly) i would much rather play other games with much better build system(no i dont play official)

You trying to argue with a person who has no say in a mater.

Of course its at least not professional way to resolve duping and overpopulation problems. There are lots of better ways to address them, but we got timers and hard caps instead and we have to play around them. Its not like anyone from actual WC stuff ever visits this forums. So no point arguing about it here. it won't change anything.

I've seen these questions or similar all over the forums, and in the Digest Q&A posts, and I'm not seeing anywhere that they're being responded to, or answered by anyone in authority. If I'm wrong, and you know of a post, or thread where something here has been addressed please let me know, as I'm truly interested. 
[mention=2]Jatheish[/mention]  
[mention=7]Jen[/mention]
[mention=4054]Jeremy Stieglitz[/mention]
I'm sure you all get tagged in 2 out of every 3 posts on the forums where people are complaining etc. But I feel like these questions are being overlooked, or in the case of the kibble system revamp, just not detailed enough information in my opinion. 

So here are my questions, and concerns that I'm unable to find an official, and informative response to.
What are you planning to do about Timers? (which are ruining the game for regular players, and based on the accounts I've read, not stopping most people that are duping) 
What are you planning to do about the large amount of capped servers? I play on 4 servers right now, 2 are capped, and the other 2 feel remarkable close....
Why put out a steam sale, and not add new servers to coincide with that influx of players? Seems logical to assume that these new players are just going to flood, and overfill the already strained, or capped servers....
How long until you finally phase out legacy for good so we can have a more reasonable number of official servers again?
Are you considering options to reduce the need for egg farms? and if so what are they?
Is the current Halloween event (Halloween 2017) your idea of an enjoyable event? it appears underwhelming to me, and the wild dinos added seem to only really inconvenience newer players, and don't seem to do much for the rest of us. 
Can you please provide proof of the duping. All of you saying its still being done and not one pieceof proof. Seems like your just complaining about somethin that isnt happening

7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Yes we do but when we get that new breed, new stat, we need to get rid of something old and worse. Trade it off server or kill it. We have hatched at least 500 Rex's on officials since August. Out of those hatches we have raised maybe a 1/3 of them. Out of those roughly 165 we have 40 left. When we hatch the next set we'll still ultimately end up with 40 because we trade away or kill off the worse statted ones. You have to make that decision though. If you keep almost everything you hatch you reach 500 in no time and worse the server limit reaches its max in no time. 

We just finished raising 2 Wyvern's and 6 Rex's (finished last night). We now have 148 dino's and we have multiple Anky's, doedics, bears, sabers, almost all imprint kibble dino's (we trade for stego, trike, plus have built up our Dodo supply already) bronto's, basil's, other Wyvern's, Argies, Morellatops, Scorpions, etc. 

By the end of tonight we'll be back down to 142 dino's and after this weekend we'll be back to about 120 before the new hatchings/tamings. 

While we can all stand our ground and say 'Wildcard needs to improve the server's so it can handle a larger dino capacity" and that is a true statement we still need to be responsible enough to know that their current server's can not handle that and need to work within the current system while trying to push for the changes. Breaking the server will not fix the problem but rather result in long and tedious transfers (which don't seem to help), boredom, big builds further degrading the server performance because what else is there to do?, and eventually exit from the game. 

Kill or trade the dino's you don't need while simultaneously hounding WC to improve the server's capabilities. That way you can keep playing the game you enjoy and possibly get to see the optimizations in the future that allow you to grow even more. 

So you say if people wanted a pair of each dino(some do) they arent allowed. 1st server capped after month, people weren even at the point they could get dinos wnated , almost none were over 200 dinos

13 minutes ago, Rubberduck said:

So you say if people wanted a pair of each dino(some do) they arent allowed. 1st server capped after month, people weren even at the point they , almost none were over 200 dinos

I am not saying that at all. I absolutely said that this is mostly Wildcards fault but the server needs to work together in this case knowing how easy it is to reach the cap. Sure you can get a breeding pair of every dino in the game. That is within your tribe limit and your right but you know the server cap is 5000 so you will be accounting for 6% of your server's tamed dino's at that point so what I am saying is that while Wildcard needs to fix the problem and get better and more servers and either reduce the limit the tribe can have (200 for most of PvE on legacy until official release when they bumped it up to 250 which in that case yes you could not have a breeding pair of every dino but I've never reached cap in Legacy) we as the players on the server have a role to fill too. A role of responsibility so that the server as a whole can progress. I mean what is the point of joining a community only to not work within it? You might as well play single player at that point. 

However you can have and hoard your 500 dino's but when the server cap gets reached and you can't kill off any without it immediately being replaced and you have this amazing breeding pair that you can't breed while most of that is an issue Wildcard needs to fix, you have to take some of that blame because you know of the limitations but decided, "Whatever, I'm just going to do what I want to do." 

If on week one you tamed a level 20 Rex and you now have hatchlings coming in at level 230, you need to turn that level 20 Rex into prime meat to go and tame an even better animal. 

However people are going to do what people are going to do. I worry about reaching server cap every weekend but I also know the type of tribes on my server and while we have a few rogue outfits that will continue to do what they want the "biggest" tribes, meaning the ones with the best stuff, will get together and hash out how to get that limit back down so we as a server can continue to progress. 

Crappy seldom used rafts will be destroyed, initial tames eliminated, kibble roles probably given out with terms of trade negotiated and agreed upon. That is how a community works together. Luckily we have been individually responsible enough to this point that we haven't had to have a round table. 

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I am not saying that at all. I absolutely said that this is mostly Wildcards fault but the server needs to work together in this case knowing how easy it is to reach the cap. Sure you can get a breeding pair of every dino in the game. That is within your tribe limit and your right but you know the server cap is 5000 so you will be accounting for 6% of your server's tamed dino's at that point so what I am saying is that while Wildcard needs to fix the problem and get better and more servers and either reduce the limit the tribe can have (200 for most of PvE on legacy until official release when they bumped it up to 250 which in that case yes you could not have a breeding pair of every dino but I've never reached cap in Legacy) we as the players on the server have a role to fill too. A role of responsibility so that the server as a whole can progress. I mean what is the point of joining a community only to not work within it? You might as well play single player at that point. 

However you can have and hoard your 500 dino's but when the server cap gets reached and you can't kill off any without it immediately being replaced and you have this amazing breeding pair that you can't breed while most of that is an issue Wildcard needs to fix, you have to take some of that blame because you know of the limitations but decided, "Whatever, I'm just going to do what I want to do." 

If on week one you tamed a level 20 Rex and you now have hatchlings coming in at level 230, you need to turn that level 20 Rex into prime meat to go and tame an even better animal. 

However people are going to do what people are going to do. I worry about reaching server cap every weekend but I also know the type of tribes on my server and while we have a few rogue outfits that will continue to do what they want the "biggest" tribes, meaning the ones with the best stuff, will get together and hash out how to get that limit back down so we as a server can continue to progress. 

Crappy seldom used rafts will be destroyed, initial tames eliminated, kibble roles probably given out with terms of trade negotiated and agreed upon. That is how a community works together. Luckily we have been individually responsible enough to this point that we haven't had to have a round table. 

It cant be the players fault the want to play the game , but yes servers now swimming in rafts and dodos,  but at our rangarok servers even a 50 dinolimit hadnt been enough due to the amount of people there

@Jostabeere I went through all of his posts and this is the list of all the "game breaking bugs" that have "been around for years" that WolfeUK has reported:

Mindwiped and lost 10 levels (resolved)
Trouble landing a quetzel (resolved)
Resources aren't respawning close enough to structures 
Dinos on follow running into you (fixed via follow distance settings addition)
Lights weren't turning off when connected to a pin pad
Mantis is "bugged" (incorrect singleplayer settings)
Babies not eating (incorrect singleplayer settings)
Every patch forcing players to reinstall the entire game (xbox)
Flickering detail levels (xbox)

Cheers!

[mention=2]Jatheish[/mention]  
[mention=7]Jen[/mention]
[mention=4054]Jeremy Stieglitz[/mention]

Getting rid of legacy servers are dumb, as we who play on them can't transfer our char or dinos to other official servers. These servers where the original servers and players that have been playing for a while have a well developed base and dinos. So NO DON'T DELETE LEGACY SERVERS LEAVE US ALONE.

47 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

That's a real dumb thing to say 8 posts after Wildcard staff answered all of the questions the OP asked.

Thats forum moderators and community managers. They don't have any actual say in decisions about the game. They are here to keep an eye on us and answer questions to best of their knowledge. So no point explaining to them what is wrong with game. If you want resault go and make support ticket.

• Wildcard Community
1 minute ago, ShadowAngel said:

Thats forum moderators and community managers. They don't have any actual say in decisions about the game. They are here to keep an eye on us and answer questions to best of their knowledge. So no point explaining to them what is wrong with game. If you want resault go and make support ticket.

That's your perogative to think so, just know that what you think so would be wrong. :Jerbfat:

Archived