BIG problems, that I don't see the devs addressing

chadwelltarly

I've seen these questions or similar all over the forums, and in the Digest Q&A posts, and I'm not seeing anywhere that they're being responded to, or answered by anyone in authority. If I'm wrong, and you know of a post, or thread where something here has been addressed please let me know, as I'm truly interested. 

@Jatheish  

@Jen

@Jeremy Stieglitz

I'm sure you all get tagged in 2 out of every 3 posts on the forums where people are complaining etc. But I feel like these questions are being overlooked, or in the case of the kibble system revamp, just not detailed enough information in my opinion. 

So here are my questions, and concerns that I'm unable to find an official, and informative response to.

What are you planning to do about Timers? (which are ruining the game for regular players, and based on the accounts I've read, not stopping most people that are duping) 

What are you planning to do about the large amount of capped servers? I play on 4 servers right now, 2 are capped, and the other 2 feel remarkable close....

Why put out a steam sale, and not add new servers to coincide with that influx of players? Seems logical to assume that these new players are just going to flood, and overfill the already strained, or capped servers....

How long until you finally phase out legacy for good so we can have a more reasonable number of official servers again?

Are you considering options to reduce the need for egg farms? and if so what are they?

Will we ever see this "reworked kibble system"?

Is the current Halloween event (Halloween 2017) your idea of an enjoyable event? it appears underwhelming to me, and the wild dinos added seem to only really inconvenience newer players, and don't seem to do much for the rest of us. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're too busy brainstorming ideas that make them more money.
Fixing bugs is annoying and  has a low priority for the developers.
That is at least how I currently see them.

They can prove me wrong by fixing at least 25% of the bugs and issues in my list (that I have posted in the respective section) within 3 months.

There is a good reason to patch bugs, but only if people can see improvements to their game quality. It means better reviews on the game, which encourages more sales of new potential customers. This works well when your PR is doing their best to talk about the issues and present solutions. However the solutions need to be better than making it so that it takes 15 minutes to transfer stuff on the Obelisk on PvE, to deal with duping, only to have duping still an issue. ¬¬

2 hours ago, X111 said:

I posted a question on twitter and tagged Microsoft and XBX as well as the culprits from WC...

a response was received within 30mins from a Microsoft Ambassador XBX Support and some sort of Microsoft Tech guy...still no response from ANYONE at WC as of Saturday

What was the response from Microsoft ?

2 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

What was the response from Microsoft ?

the tech guy will be looking into it, the ambassador hasn't got back to me yet after I DM'd him with all details of the situation regarding the game and the support team double checked all my XBX settings via instant chat and can confirm there is nothing wrong with my connection to the internet (145MB/s), they got me to play BF4 on the worst ping I could find and confirmed that it is the server provider that's causing the issues and will be looking further into it.

MUCH more response and reactiveness, albeit from a bigger company, but even the GM's that we've requested to come to our server and experience the situation refuse saying its not something they will do.

they wont even help out with lost Dinos even though there IS a ticket for this feature, we sent pictures of the glitched creatures in floors at baby stage or lost beneath the map but they come a long and say "o'well, nothing we can do here" and float off into the abyss

completely pointless support system

I may just add that after posting all the issues on our server onto social media on Saturday, somehow our server seemed to run a bit better. coincidence or WC actually getting their act together to contact the providers to address the situation.

how this company operates I would love to know

12 hours ago, X111 said:

the tech guy will be looking into it, the ambassador hasn't got back to me yet after I DM'd him with all details of the situation regarding the game and the support team double checked all my XBX settings via instant chat and can confirm there is nothing wrong with my connection to the internet (145MB/s), they got me to play BF4 on the worst ping I could find and confirmed that it is the server provider that's causing the issues and will be looking further into it.

MUCH more response and reactiveness, albeit from a bigger company, but even the GM's that we've requested to come to our server and experience the situation refuse saying its not something they will do.

they wont even help out with lost Dinos even though there IS a ticket for this feature, we sent pictures of the glitched creatures in floors at baby stage or lost beneath the map but they come a long and say "o'well, nothing we can do here" and float off into the abyss

completely pointless support system

I may just add that after posting all the issues on our server onto social media on Saturday, somehow our server seemed to run a bit better. coincidence or WC actually getting their act together to contact the providers to address the situation.

how this company operates I would love to know

Wonder if its worth me contacting them about how taxing this game is on the xbox system and how poorly it plays...

13 hours ago, ItsSwe said:

I Believe The Devs Are Adressing These Problems But It Just Takes Time Beings It Is A Game and new Problems come with trying to fix problems. So even if it takes time we will see improvements as they go step by step.

Do you honestly believe that ?

Ive reported serious problems about the game 2 years ago and they are still present, sometimes forcing me to start over, they dont care about their players, only interested in making a quick buck, evidence is all around you

Aren't sales made by Steam, not game devs?

5 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Do you honestly believe that ?

Ive reported serious problems about the game 2 years ago and they are still present, sometimes forcing me to start over, they dont care about their players, only interested in making a quick buck, evidence is all around you

I'd like to see that evidence.

1 hour ago, WolfeUK said:

Ive posted alot of times about it all, and so has many others, guess your one of those who have selective eye sight lol

Wasn't here for a month. Rather than insulting me you could post some proof, if there is so much of it. Unless it's not actually proof...

Which serious problems did you report 2 years ago that are still present in the game? Quite curious about that.

12 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Wasn't here for a month. Rather than insulting me you could post some proof, if there is so much of it. Unless it's not actually proof...

Which serious problems did you report 2 years ago that are still present in the game? Quite curious about that.

You took that as an insult ?? ok

I dont need to prove anything to you, you are not relevant to the problem or able to resolve it, so why would i waste my time, i have better things to do than run around proving things to every tom, sausage and harry on this forum.....

The bug that kills my game in the one where resource nodes dont spawn back, i end up having to travel a long way to get resources, i have the settings turned right down so they are supposed to respawn right close to my base, but it doesn't happen, i end up with a barren looking build with no trees around, some iron nodes dont respawn back, even though ive built no where near them, and made worse on SE as trees are fairly rare as is, i reported this 2 years ago, and we still have this problem

I'm surprised there's not more discussion about the state of regular taming, and how lacking/boring/frustrating/time consuming it is.

I would consider that the number one issue affecting the game, personally, both currently and going back to early early access.

Just because we're used to it being a load-bar and not much else, doesn't mean it's OK now:

Have you tried introducing a new player to ARK recently?

Watch their reaction when you show them taming the first time:

"People do this for fun?!"

The primary player skill at taming is just building a pen and luring/dropping things into it so you engage with the system as little as possible:

the primary difficulty is boredom/timesink:

This is a very big problem, considering it's a key system.

I dont need to prove anything to you, you are not relevant to the problem or able to resolve it, so why would i waste my time, i have better things to do than run around proving things to every tom, sausage and harry on this forum.....

The bug that kills my game in the one where resource nodes dont spawn back, i end up having to travel a long way to get resources, i have the settings turned right down so they are supposed to respawn right close to my base, but it doesn't happen, i end up with a barren looking build with no trees around, some iron nodes dont respawn back, even though ive built no where near them, and made worse on SE as trees are fairly rare as is, i reported this 2 years ago, and we still have this problem

Calling me blind because I seem not to take random rants as proof? Yes.

So you changed your personal game settings and complain about stuff not working properly in your personal game? I just checked my default settings servers. Everything respawns peoperly. On island, SE and Ragnarok.

I'd say pretty solid proof for someone who witch hunts WC all the time. Keep it up!

Also, never said you have to prove something to me. I asked you to post some proof to your claims. But as usual people who say "I have proof" or use superlatives do not have any proof.

• Volunteer Moderator

I'm curious to know which of the two settings below you are using that you have turned right down...

ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures

or

StructurePreventResourceRadiusMultiplier

1 minute ago, ShadowAngel said:

On TwitchCon Jen said that dino update pass and kibble rework incoming next after DLC release. Time frame closer to Q1 2018.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I was sure there may have been a few that have been addressed (although thats frighteningly far off in my opinion considering the amount of capped servers, and nearly capped servers currently. I'm not sure the game will survive another potentially 2-5 months if they can't provide more servers for people to migrate to.)

Archived