Best Late Game Dino's

MasterMinder7

So I'm level 84 and I don't know what dino's to get. I have a Paracer base and am working on a battle bronto know and am taming my second rex so I can start taming. I have a Plesiosaur base and am thinking about making an underwater prison. I also have a baryonyx that can kill thera's. But I don't know good war and utility dino's to get. Any suggestions? 

PvP? PvE?

PvE... -- you need 3-4 of every kibble Dino, just to imprint your Rex's. to get to boss fights. 

PvP... -- you need 3-4 of every kibble Dino, just to imprint your Rex's. to get to boss fights.   and a proper base.. and other dino's for farming, and more dino's for defending.. Hidden small base with generator and fridge for storing Eggs in case you get raided and loose all your stuff. 

or .. just a few dodo's for kibble and you trusty Pteranodon...

2 hours ago, MasterMinder7 said:

It's PvP by the way! I have heard that Mosa's are better than the squid but I have no idea. What kibble do you need for baby rex's?

There are tradeoffs, but tusos are the ocean alpha with mosa closely behind.  Mosas and Tusos deal similar damage with large splash radius, tusos have significantly higher HP, Mosas are faster and have more weight, mosas can support siege platforms but thei wiggle makes them very difficult to fight from.  Jellyfish don't dismount tusos.  Tuso can also reach 13x8 foundations out of the water, mosa only reaches 5x2.

However, a Tuso can grab anything in the ocean including mosas and a mosa is very vulnerable to tusos.  Tusos can also heal via the grab life drain mechanic so have far less downtime.  My best imprinted tuso and mosa both have 650 damage at the moment, but the tuso has 72k hp to the 40k of the mosa.

20 minutes ago, Runo85 said:

There are tradeoffs, but tusos are the ocean alpha with mosa closely behind.  Mosas and Tusos deal similar damage with large splash radius, tusos have significantly higher HP, Mosas are faster and have more weight, mosas can support siege platforms but thei wiggle makes them very difficult to fight from.  Jellyfish don't dismount tusos.  Tuso can also reach 13x8 foundations out of the water, mosa only reaches 5x2.

However, a Tuso can grab anything in the ocean including mosas and a mosa is very vulnerable to tusos.  Tusos can also heal via the grab life drain mechanic so have far less downtime.  My best imprinted tuso and mosa both have 650 damage at the moment, but the tuso has 72k hp to the 40k of the mosa.

Dont tuso do double time the damage of a mosa with their double hit attack too?

also theyre immuned to jellyfish

14 hours ago, MasterMinder7 said:

So I'm level 84 and I don't know what dino's to get. I have a Paracer base and am working on a battle bronto know and am taming my second rex so I can start taming. I have a Plesiosaur base and am thinking about making an underwater prison. I also have a baryonyx that can kill thera's. But I don't know good war and utility dino's to get. Any suggestions? 

Have you got a beaver?  

Or a doed or anky?  

Or a ptera? 

1 hour ago, ilidrael said:

Dont tuso do double time the damage of a mosa with their double hit attack too?

also theyre immuned to jellyfish

Yes and no...Tuso base damage is 65 to a mosas 100, and the mosa attacks slightly faster...however, the tuso triple strikes with each hit so it's base is really 195 vs the 100 for the mosa.  I don't know their exact attack time, but mosas appear to bite at about 170% the rate of tusos, so similar damage overall.

4 minutes ago, Runo85 said:

Yes and no...Tuso base damage is 65 to a mosas 100, and the mosa attacks slightly faster...however, the tuso triple strikes with each hit so it's base is really 195 vs the 100 for the mosa.  I don't know their exact attack time, but mosas appear to bite at about 170% the rate of tusos, so similar damage overall.

except to attack with a mosa, the enemy has to be within bite range, meaning you get hit too.  You can actually kite anything with a tuso and never let it get close to bite range while still dishing out TONS of damage.

5 hours ago, Runo85 said:

Looks like I'm getting a Tuso!

On 01/11/2017 at 3:10 AM, Runo85 said:

I will take a basil over a mosa in the open ocean any day.I would also take a basil over a squid in caves.

Archived