New SotF/Battle Royale Mod By P0k3r

Ustolemygmrtag

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1186294401

P0k3r's Ultimate Survival Mod ID = 1186294401

Disclaimer
This mod is designed as a stand alone game mode and is intended to be used on a fresh server. It will kill any and all tamed dino's on your server. Do not install on an existing server unless you want your dinos to die.

Developed by P0k3r for the upcoming Dragonpunk Community Tournament

This mod allows for multiple game modes similar to: Battle Royale, SOTF, and more coming soon

Mod description & features
You start out with cloth armor, a bow, torch, metal pick and an arrow bp then must make your way to the vicinity of the orange particle beam in the center before the shield shrinks and kills you.
Can be used with or without dinos. 
You can find loot in dead dinos, supply crates and special loot crates that randomly spawn in your vicinity.
There is nothing to build, you don't get hungry or thirsty and the only things you need to craft are arrows and healing brew. (if enabled in admin menu)
Last player alive wins.
All mod settings are handled via an admin only user interface.
Can be used with other mods but I'd only recommend dino and weapons mods. 
NOTE: Weapons mods MUST HAVE unlockable engrams for the weapons or you will not find any of those weapons in dinos or loot boxes. Any dino mod should work.
This mod remaps the supply crates so it is not recommended for use with other supply crate mods since only the crates for the mod loaded first will work.

Servers
P0k3r's Ultimate Survival: Battle Royale
85.190.158.140:26001

P0k3r's Ultimate Survival: SoTF Lite
71.80.22.252:27013 

We had a great time last night, and had some well known SotF players and some other celebs show up that cannot be named. ;)  Pokers mod is not #2 ont he Highest rated recent mods list. And is gaining to become a 5 star soon. 

We have some timed matches at:

US times = 5 pm PDT to 7 Pm PDT

EU times = 12 Pm PDT to 2 PM PDT

The GMT time equivalent times are as follows. 

US times = 12 pm GMT to 2PM GMT

EU times = 7 PM GMT to 9 PM GMT

Drop by and give it a go, I think you might have more fun than you think.

On 11/11/2017 at 7:26 AM, Adamzon said:

Why not just take over the SoTF game development, there is already alot of BR mods out there and to get them populated seams to be abit of a problem. 

SoTF was canceled because it was basically becoming it's own game, and Wildcard didn't feel that they had enough resources to develop both SoTF and ARK at the same time.

P0k3r can't "just take over SoTF game development" because he's not a game developer, Wildcard hasn't released the source code for that, he's not licensed to use that material, and that's way too much work for one person.

So the middle-ground has been to re-create SoTF into a mod that can utilize all of the base ARK resources (weapons, armor, etc) and create it's own "game mode" (players wait in a lobby for a match to end, then get teleported in, etc).  This ultimately makes the development a *lot* easier, and allows for additional mods to be used along-side it for even more customization.

7 hours ago, RedDwarf said:

SoTF was canceled because it was basically becoming it's own game, and Wildcard didn't feel that they had enough resources to develop both SoTF and ARK at the same time.

No, SoTF is not canceled. Its on hold.

P0k3r can't "just take over SoTF game development" because he's not a game developer, Wildcard hasn't released the source code for that, he's not licensed to use that material, and that's way too much work for one person.

My Suggestion was that Pok3r and other "Br style mod creators COULD work on SoTF main game instead.

So the middle-ground has been to re-create SoTF into a mod that can utilize all of the base ARK resources (weapons, armor, etc) and create it's own "game mode" (players wait in a lobby for a match to end, then get teleported in, etc).  This ultimately makes the development a *lot* easier, and allows for additional mods to be used along-side it for even more customization.

Again, all the BR mods out there (cuz there is alot of them) have the issue that they never get populated enugh. If lucky the lifespan is about 1-3 months and then they die. It would be so much better if a talented modder like Pok3r would focus on the SoTF Game and listen to the SoTF community (well, the very few that is left) Like Residualion, Davnell and more.  Im sure that WC would like the idea of having a team of a few modders go in and make SoTF great again :)

In my opinion to put in time in a mod that is likely to die withtin a month or 2 is a waste of time and resources that could be put in to a good game like SoTF (standalone) could be. 

I apologize if i spell words wrong or make strange sentences. English is not my main language .
//Adam

Archived