Why is it that everyone who plays dedicated servers on ARK are so stupid?

Out of every dedicated server that I've played, it is literally cancer. Some tribe will advance just enough to get stone structures then scatter them all over the entire map, causing a lot of lag and keeping you from being able to build anything and keeping most creatures from spawning. They'll also tame a bunch of creatures, usually hitting the server cap, but not once have I ever seen any of the tribe members actually play. They're always offline or switched characters

On 10/30/2017 at 3:53 PM, SubtendedCrib8 said:

Out of every dedicated server that I've played, it is literally cancer. Some tribe will advance just enough to get stone structures then scatter them all over the entire map, causing a lot of lag and keeping you from being able to build anything and keeping most creatures from spawning. They'll also tame a bunch of creatures, usually hitting the server cap, but not once have I ever seen any of the tribe members actually play. They're always offline or switched characters

Well On my server we hit around 51 people and have everyone harvesting building etc and hit max 120 ping so.. the lag depends on the host

I'm gonna run a PVE Ragnarok server once the update gives me access to my preordered server. I'm basically gonna give people who join a rundown on common courtesy rules they need to stick to. lol. Building and Dino taming will be kept in check. I'm even modifying dino spawns to reduce rarely tamed or problem dino spawns. "cough" Brontos" I won't run a laggy server. So I'm trying it the first month to see if they will run better with proper settings. Tribe tame limits are getting capped at a reasonable level and I'll buff egg drop rates so you only need a few females for eggs. If the game still isn't playable well its time for another 6 month break at that point. lol

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:53 PM, SubtendedCrib8 said:

1st off,  I don't think you would really want many players online all the time on an xbox PvP private dedicated server. Most players will end up  leaving a server if they are constantly being lagged out or a server constantly keeps crashing due to too many harvesting at once with boosted settings.

As for tribes leaving structures scattered all through out the map, that is the host not doing a good enough job keeping their own server cleaned up. On average I would say only about 25% of players and tribes that join a server end up staying longer then one day after joining. If you join a server where the host doesn't keep a server constantly cleared of abandoned structures and remove inactive tribe structures and Dinos off the map, those servers will die off eventually. Realistically the average loyal player on a server will play for about one month tops then start to get bored and move onto play other games, only logging in for a moment at best when they do log back in.

As a host of my own private dedicated server, I tend to like to get to know all the players and tribes who play on my server but it's always a struggle to get to know everyone. I try my best to keep the server constantly alive but it's not easy when players and tribes that have built up heavy end up leaving the server due to either being raided or just getting bored of the game. It can't be helped, everyone who plays this game won't be playing ark the rest of their life.

Archived