ARK Digest Q&A! (no longer accepting questions)

Jatheish

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

basically we are a medium sized tribe with 30 people, we have spent the past month farming like crazy and have setup a pretty decent sized base with tek. 1000+ turrets lot of tames and we have committed sooooo much effort into this base, since we started the tribe about 2 months ago our owner never played he said he had "exams" so we assumed he was and we carried on as normal, there are 5 admins and the problem is our owner has been on his second account insiding another 2 tribes as owner, so basically he is owner of 3 tribes and pretends to be doing exams til the tribe gets big and then he insides them as he is owner and can do whatever he wants. and we have evidence from people who got insidid by him before and we are next in line to get insided. but we dont want to get kicked and wiped as we spent sooo much time and effort, is there no fix for this? can there not be an option for 10 admins to kick or demote an owner? or can there not be a co-owner who cannot be kicked? but cant kick owner? PLEASE HELP US!!!!! and create a new option so at least someone else besides owner can stay in tribe or at least help us pleaseeeee

:(

btw we are on official so this is not on unofficial please contact me DEVS plllleeeaaasseeee

two questions.

1.  will you pleeeeeease allow us to replace fence foundations? at the moment, it is impossible to upgrade a fence foundation to the next structure tier without deleting it and everything on top of it. i use them quite frequently and it would be so much easier if they were treated like regular foundations.

2.  can the climbing tool get a slight durability boost? the primitive climbing pick breaks very easily compared to other tools in the same tier. climbing one decently sized cliff-side will take down about half of the durability, meaning that you would need to repair it after every significant use. in comparison, metal picks and hatchets and pikes will last through several kills and rocks and trees without needing a repair.

Now that we have more content out, I was wondering if there are any plans to revisit the expansions in terms of adding new creatures to them. I always assumed that Scorched Earth and now Aberration would get additional creatures as the Island did post "launch" (not necessarily that many, but at least more animal diversity as exclusives to those maps).

Considering the cannon maps only: 

- The Island has dinos and pre-historic theme.

- Scorched Earth has the mythical and fantasy theme

- Aberration has alien theme.

After the Phoenix release, I am hopeful that a few more animals could be introduced to these established expansions.

Lastly, I remember that way back you guys said that the end game dungeon (volcano) would take us to a spaceship and fight the last boss. It seems the spaceship was ditched for the station (which, in context made more sense). Is the spaceship still a thing though? 

2 hours ago, Martellus said:

Now that we have more content out, I was wondering if there are any plans to revisit the expansions in terms of adding new creatures to them. I always assumed that Scorched Earth and now Aberration would get additional creatures as the Island did post "launch" (not necessarily that many, but at least more animal diversity as exclusives to those maps).

Considering the cannon maps only: 

- The Island has dinos and pre-historic theme.

- Scorched Earth has the mythical and fantasy theme

- Aberration has alien theme.

After the Phoenix release, I am hopeful that a few more animals could be introduced to these established expansions.

Lastly, I remember that way back you guys said that the end game dungeon (volcano) would take us to a spaceship and fight the last boss. It seems the spaceship was ditched for the station (which, in context made more sense). Is the spaceship still a thing though? 

I am still waiting for the Hive and Swarm they said they were gonna release after the Phoenix 

On 29/10/2017 at 10:16 PM, Jatheish said:

Hey guys,

You know the drill! Have a question for the next ARK: Digest? Let us know!

Thanks!

On 29/10/2017 at 10:16 PM, Jatheish said:

Hey guys,

You know the drill! Have a question for the next ARK: Digest? Let us know!

Thanks!

Can you please fix ur under mapping and the dosing Xbox player are getting under maped and know there building under the mesh plz fix ur game 

I've played ark for a long time, exclusively single player. I love the various challenges and bosses in the game. However, I personally never fight them and take those kinds of risks because if I die then I have to spend many hours grinding to get my gear/dinos again. I find this to be a shame because the game isn't as thrilling for me. So what about a singleplayer option to turn off auto saves and turn on manual saves. It would work just like Skyrim's save system and it would allow singleplayers like me to fight those hard bosses without the fear of losing everything. For example, you take your best Rexes and fight the broodmother. You give it your all but end up dying. With manual saves, you can save before the fight and if you die you reload to your save right before the fight. I want to stress that this would be a singleplayer option only since it wouldn't work on servers. Thanks for a great game and happy new year!

8 hours ago, TheSnives said:

I've played ark for a long time, exclusively single player. I love the various challenges and bosses in the game. However, I personally never fight them and take those kinds of risks because if I die then I have to spend many hours grinding to get my gear/dinos again. I find this to be a shame because the game isn't as thrilling for me. So what about a singleplayer option to turn off auto saves and turn on manual saves. It would work just like Skyrim's save system and it would allow singleplayers like me to fight those hard bosses without the fear of losing everything. For example, you take your best Rexes and fight the broodmother. You give it your all but end up dying. With manual saves, you can save before the fight and if you die you reload to your save right before the fight. I want to stress that this would be a singleplayer option only since it wouldn't work on servers. Thanks for a great game and happy new year!

Yeah or just a config option to keep our inventory after we die, like "AllowKeepInventory=True" ?

This is probably getting old by now but....

1. Hive and Swarm? ;)

Also I think the Reapers should get some more utility since they are so hard to get...

1. How about climbing instead of jumping? Xenomorphs can climb like everything so if Reapers are based on them why can't they? o.O It can be just the Thyla climb so no upside down and such if you want
  2. How about a tail impale-ing attack that saps health like the Tuso does when it grabs, or let it apply bleed? Think it would be better than the ranged ball attack personally

• Jatheish unfeatured, featured, unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived