ARK Digest Q&A! (no longer accepting questions)

Jatheish

Will there be winter themed DLC/map? I have wait and wait and hoped for something like that, because winter is my favourite season and I always love to play when the "Winter Wonderland" event is. I know there is a mod that brings that event to map, but I don't want Christmass everyday, I just want snow and more snow! And speaking of Winter Wonderland, will there be the event? Or will it be as small as Halloween event this year? Thank you for a great game, been playing this almost non-stop over two years now. ♥

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, K4LLA said:

Will there be winter themed DLC/map? I have wait and wait and hoped for something like that, because winter is my favourite season and I always love to play when the "Winter Wonderland" event is. I know there is a mod that brings that event to map, but I don't want Christmass everyday, I just want snow and more snow! And speaking of Winter Wonderland, will there be the event? Or will it be as small as Halloween event this year? Thank you for a great game, been playing this almost non-stop over two years now. ♥

+1 for that :) Would be awesome to have a map simillar to Scorched Earth but the player would be forced to survive in the harsh, cold environment. If we could also build igloos, or even better dig some sort of cave under the snow to survive the blizzard for instance, that would be great! :D

And my own questions are:
#1: Will you guys implement some sort of dino power mechanics in the future? For instance using Gigantopithecus to push a horizontal pillar around the circle (wheel of pain sort of thing, if you played Conan Exiles - I'm not sure how to name it properly in english), which would make dinos hunger drop off very fast, but then you could attach ropes to that pillar thing's base and use it to power low tek elevators for instance? Or something simillar.

#2: Will there ever be horizontal elevators? Like the cable cars, running on the ropes. Would be a fun way to travel between distant tree platforms for instance. Sloped ramp type elevators would be cool too, especially if you could place a chest on either of them and use that to transport resources in a easier way.

#3: Any plans for a feature that would allow to transport and enclose water? So we could for instance build a octagon out of stone walls, then fill it with water, and use as a pool for our leeches that we caught, using the feature that is planned for Aberration?

#4: Water power? Like waterwheels, that would power elevators in the simmilar way I mentioned in #1, or to power bellows which would make furnaces faster? Or just generate power that way?

On 11/6/2017 at 6:22 PM, GuardianStealthWolf said:

Would you guys mind reworking the mindwipe tonic patch? As of now you can only wipe once per level and when you get to max level you are stuck with the engrams you have learned unable to unlock the new dlc engrams without creating a new character first. How about adding a system where you can only mindwipe once per real life month or after a amount of time, that way you cannot wipe constantly giving the older players access to new engrams with newer ways to play and balancing out gameplay?

There is a setting called unlimited respec. If you turn it on, it allows unlimited mindwipe tonics to be used per level.

Can we get any info on the old primitive servers?

We were surprised with it changing to NoTek with the new servers which is something we adapted to. It is becoming a bit concerning with there only being 6 servers in the cluster now. A massive war is about to happen there, and with only 6 servers in the cluster, the winner of that war, that's probably starting tomorrow, will easily be able to control all 6 servers. Are they ever adding more servers? We don't even have a Center map anymore. 

Regardless, keep up the good work Wildcard! Most people don't understand the complexity and depth of Arks framework and back end. Simply amazing to what you guys have been able to accomplish.

2 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

When are gonna get some more news on the Hive and Swarms creatures in the dev kit? Since it is like one of the last unused assets in there that I have seen

Ark digest 48 :

Survivor Syntac asks, “Will you guys ever implement the Hive, the creature in the dev kit that looks like a giant beetle?”

After the Phoenix ;)

Are you planning on making changes to the Achatina and Titanoboa's food sources? I've questioned this before, and I still think it's strange that a snail eats only human made pasteries and a large, aggressive, venomous snake survives only on eggs.

Will the Diplodocus ever get a secondary attack that allows it to do damage? Assuming that Primal is revived and completed, Diplos will need a means of defense against attackers. Same with the Archaeopteryx.

So when getting achievements, I unlock skins that I spawn with every time I die. It's great, but clutters the inventory - have you considered just making them engrams instead, that are unlocked by achievements? So you can't purchase them with engram points, but once you get the achievement they unlock and you can craft them? A little bit like how the hair- and beard styles are unlocked.

I imagine some, like me, will think that'd make it easier to mass craft and hand out. But then I thought that with the current system one has "just" to empty the inventory, die, then rinse and repeat in order to mass spawn these items.

• Jatheish unfeatured, featured, unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived