ARK Digest Q&A! (no longer accepting questions)

Jatheish

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/11/2017 at 9:23 PM, Koral said:

You know on another note. I've always wished you guys would allow us to craft a special foundation/platform that flyers can be set to return to if we die. This way birds on passive don't just land and die. lol Might not be something for pvp, but I'd appreciate the option in my pve.

brilliant idea :)

Do you guys still play this game?

I understand that you probably did in the beginning but do you STILL play?

I would like to propose a few challenges to you @Jatheish@Jen@lilpanda@Casanova and the rest of the team...

Here is my proposal:

1) you MUST play on a random Official and a random Unofficial (can't use your names you use here, anywhere else or anything that resembles them)

2) you MUST play Single Player offline (as if you have NO internet)

3) you MUST play Single Player split screen offline (again, as if you have NO internet. No linked PS or Xb accounts)

All 3 would need at least 20 hours per person in each style of play, all must be played through console, using only new survivors and can't be done in just 1 session.

Think of this as an experiment in quality control.

Thank you

I have a hybrid question/suggestion regarding the Archaeopteryx: Is it possible to implement a toggle button for shoulder pet/parachute utility? I play Xbox, so the default mapping for first person riding is right bumper. What if that feature carried over to the Archa as a toggle between shoulder pet/parachute pet? (This could also allow for the carrying/moving of other shoulder pets, with a throw feature like what we have for dodos and dung beetles.)

Not sure if this was asked, but can we see more love for the dire bears? I am absolutely in love with bears, both vanilla and polar, but they could use an overhaul/reboot. Here are some suggestions:

*Gradual decrease of running speed. I love how fast they move, but you hit a pebble and you stop mid-run. How about a slow loss of speed for each obstacles hit?
*Better terrain navigation. These guys are a very well rounded mount, but at times they can even climb a blade of grass.

*POLAR BEAR RESKIN. I was so surprised and excited to find the addition of tamable polar bears, but the fact that they all look the same if frustrating.

*Differences besides skin textures for Polars. Faster swim movement, but slow land movement. Maybe an aoe slam attack, as real polar bears slam through ice while hunting seal.

Hope this wasn't too lengthy, thanks for the time!

alright, I have a few questions

-How often can we expect mod integration in one form or another? assuming that S+ will come out around Thanksgiving (not saying that's when it will be out, I just need an example) that's about 6 months between Ragnarok releasing and S+ integration releasing. and considering that you don't have to re-route a ton of resources to make these mods (correct me if i'm wrong on this), I would think it would be every 3-4 months, though I imagine Aberration is getting in the way of that

-I know that only the island, Scorched Earth, Aberration, and the 3# DLC will be part of the main story, but would it be possible for the "non story" maps (The Center, Ragnarok, and any future non-story maps(hoping for Iso: crystal Isles to be added Myself))  to get there own, isolated story arks relating to that map? also, let's be honest, After learning the truth, Helena is totally the kind of person to spend the rest of her days ARK hopping, learning as much as she can about these floating Bio-domes. (unless you kill her off of course) (please don't) (Save that for Rockwell)

-could you introduce a "low poly" mode for people who are willing to sacrifice graphic fidelity for a smother experience?

-could you integrate, or at least sponsor, the "Confuciusornis" mod? it's basically a bird that can breed and take care of baby dinos, one of the few niches that isn't filled by a dino or structure

Will it be possible to place auto-turrets underneath ceilings to help defend mobile bases/rafts such as Bronto/Titan or Plesio/Mosa which are vulnerable underneath?  Also would make base defense more interesting as well from inside.

Will there be a fix to the Titan dying while in Stasis that behaves like the normal Titan non-eating rules?  If someone is on and near the Titan, it'll eat from the trough, but if the Titan is in stasis, it dies in the same time frame as a normal Titan would that doesn't eat while tamed, which can be problematic if a person doesn't come on for a day.

Will there be any extreme weather effects such as hurricane (considering we're on islands) or tsunami that will flood the low coastlines, earthquakes?  These things would cause havoc such as hurricane tossing around air creatures making it difficult to fly or force them to the ground as well as damage thatch/wood structures while earthquakes would damage anything not higher than metal tier, Tsunami flooding the coastline destroying thatch/wood, damaging stone, possibly drowning creatures still on the coastline if not protected by walls.

Will there be a bigger gate frame to accommodate the Titans?  Since none of the gate frames are big enough for the Titans to go through.  It should be wide enough for Mobile bases to go through :P

• Jatheish unfeatured, featured, unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived