Jump to content
Jatheish

ARK Digest Q&A! (no longer accepting questions)

Recommended Posts

In the past crunches you mentioned adding a line of code that will allow achievement unlock-able skins/hairstyles to remain with your steam account even through re-installs of the game so we do not have to re-obtain them after a re-install of the game on a different hard-drive or PC. Any clue when it might be implemented?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you guys mind reworking the mindwipe tonic patch? As of now you can only wipe once per level and when you get to max level you are stuck with the engrams you have learned unable to unlock the new dlc engrams without creating a new character first. How about adding a system where you can only mindwipe once per real life month or after a amount of time, that way you cannot wipe constantly giving the older players access to new engrams with newer ways to play and balancing out gameplay?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever thought of implementing a canary like creatures into Aberration since its mainly an underground map with gas leaks and low oxygen environments? The reason I say this is that miners used to take canaries into the caves with them to tell if they would have enough oxygen to survive and to give them a warning to natural gas leaks; If the canary died it meant they needed to get out of the area of the mine as soon as possible. Canaries are very sensitive to these changes in the environment and if this type of creature is added it would be a shoulder mount with low health and either a warning call, like the jerboa, or it could die all together. Saying this it should be a easy tame with low breed timers. Let me know what you guys think. =) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get a server option to suspend the game when no active players are logged in?

My group can not play everyday, it would be nice if the World was active only while a player was interacting with the World.

Currently, we manually shut the server down if noone is logged in. It is tedious, but if it is a week before any of our group logs in it is better then logging in to a bunch of dead dinos.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get Storage item assignment?

 

An ability to set a specific single item ONLY to a vault, fridge or storage box so the vault is locked to that item until you change it. That way, if you have multiple vaults, fridges or storage boxes you like to hold only one item in for each, you can set it to wood (for example) open the vault inventory and then just do transfer all and it will ONLY transfer wood every time you open it until you change its assigned item. Useful when you have a huge cluttered inventory you're trying to empty off of your survivor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Will you remove the saddle engrams and drops from the NoTaming servers?
  2. Did you ever think of allowing us to tame equus on NoTaming servers? I know it´s not really NoTaming anymore then and it would change the gameplay a lot but id like to give it a try
  3. Is there a chance you will ever revive primitive servers? Just look how popular the ones u left on legacy cluster still are
  4. Do you think it is ok that the rider of platform saddled dinos can be fully covered by structures? Maybe give the rider a new spot on the saddle or make the place they currently sit at a no-build area. controlling a dino out of a closed hut or a solid structure is just stupid, especially for pvp.
Edited by natman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DamanWeylin said:

Can we get a server option to suspend the game when no active players are logged in?

My group can not play everyday, it would be nice if the World was active only while a player was interacting with the World.

Currently, we manually shut the server down if noone is logged in. It is tedious, but if it is a week before any of our group logs in it is better then logging in to a bunch of dead dinos.

And this ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been on the same Ragnarok Server since it came out. I have been through a 600+ hours of a lot of poor performance or server issues you name it. Why? The fact remains ARK is a really fun\awesome game and the concept makes it attractive for a large range of different types of players.

#1: Is there a better way to feel like we are connected and being heard when there are serious issues that are impacting the game?

The reoccurring issue I see is developers or support teams not connecting with their user base. Some of the short sited changes have made the game almost unplayable. When users reach out to support or try to chat with Devs they seem often to be ignored. For example: The recent attempt to correct server performance by enabling a poorly thought out Server CAP on the number of dynos each Tribe can have has failed to correct the issue and has added a new set of issues  making the game almost unplayable for those interested in taming, breeding or even trying to establish or support an economy within server communities. Dedicated players who are not hoarding dynos (our tribe has less than 50) can't progress in the game. I urge Wildcard to start listening to their end users and work on resolving the current issues including communicating better with their user base - before launching any additional content.  (we want new stuff but if the old does not work - what?)  Ark you have come soo far don't blow it be ignoring those you are here to serve. BTW: as an experiment I logged on to multiple new servers to see if taming was possible and each server I went to was at CAP.

 

#2: Please tell us you know the Cap is an issue for players and you have a way to fix this or are working on it, please with sugar and snow on top.

#3: Idea - A trade system that allows players to sell or trade their stuff in a market with each other - unattended when they visit another tribe's base some sort of interface. Perhaps a building object (Trade Building - or Tribe Flag) you can walk up to interact with to see what is available and what the trade value is etc .. maybe even allow trade of dynos - while these items are in trade mode they are not impacting server cap limits...just thinking

#4: provide a method for legacy users to move items to a new server in the future (but not back to legacy)

 

Again I want to thank all of you for an awesome creative game, but again reiterate please look at #1 and #2 above - thanks much!!

Edited by Triphas
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! I play on a modded server and can't help but notice that the engrams for mods are really jumbled and hard to find.  I know we can always just use the search feature but it'd be nice if engrams could be sorted by alphabetical order or even better, be able to sort them by type such as weapons, gear, building, consumables, saddles, etc etc.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When getting the explorer notes, I'm usually feeling exposed and I minimise them right away. Then I forget about them or forget which one I got. Instead of instantly opening the explorer note, would you consider an icon (like the buffs, for instance) for when you pick it up, that you could click when you're at a safe location to view the explorer note?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be mine carts that are rideable in aberration? I like the idea because you are underground you could ride them and can even add a new cool mechanic where it could act like a roller coaster like minecraft. It would be a nice to get around as well. So for example you would have ascending rails and descending rails and regular ones. I think people would have fun with it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ark D

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:16 PM, Jatheish said:

Hey guys,

You know the drill! Have a question for the next ARK: Digest? Let us know!

Thanks!

I was wondering would it be possible for the devs implement a auto kick feature to the tribe management system. If  tribe member to conduct some destructive behavior "for example 2 dinos by hand within an allotted period of time--auto kick!! Or if they deconstruct X amount of structures within a period of time--Auto kick!!

If the dino kill count can be adjusted and maybe the time period.

I am always a bit reluctant to promote people in my tribe cus I got trust Issues. This just might put my mind at ease.

What do you think?

Love ARK!!!

Shadow radex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Airlia said:

Hi there! I play on a modded server and can't help but notice that the engrams for mods are really jumbled and hard to find.  I know we can always just use the search feature but it'd be nice if engrams could be sorted by alphabetical order or even better, be able to sort them by type such as weapons, gear, building, consumables, saddles, etc etc.  

That's How it used to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Triphas said:

I have been on the same Ragnarok Server since it came out. I have been through a 600+ hours of a lot of poor performance or server issues you name it. Why? The fact remains ARK is a really fun\awesome game and the concept makes it attractive for a large range of different types of players.

#1: Is there a better way to feel like we are connected and being heard when there are serious issues that are impacting the game?

The reoccurring issue I see is developers or support teams not connecting with their user base. Some of the short sited changes have made the game almost unplayable. When users reach out to support or try to chat with Devs they seem often to be ignored. For example: The recent attempt to correct server performance by enabling a poorly thought out Server CAP on the number of dynos each Tribe can have has failed to correct the issue and has added a new set of issues  making the game almost unplayable for those interested in taming, breeding or even trying to establish or support an economy within server communities. Dedicated players who are not hoarding dynos (our tribe has less than 50) can't progress in the game. I urge Wildcard to start listening to their end users and work on resolving the current issues including communicating better with their user base - before launching any additional content.  (we want new stuff but if the old does not work - what?)  Ark you have come soo far don't blow it be ignoring those you are here to serve. BTW: as an experiment I logged on to multiple new servers to see if taming was possible and each server I went to was at CAP.

 

#2: Please tell us you know the Cap is an issue for players and you have a way to fix this or are working on it, please with sugar and snow on top.

#3: Idea - A trade system that allows players to sell or trade their stuff in a market with each other - unattended when they visit another tribe's base some sort of interface. Perhaps a building object (Trade Building - or Tribe Flag) you can walk up to interact with to see what is available and what the trade value is etc .. maybe even allow trade of dynos - while these items are in trade mode they are not impacting server cap limits...just thinking

#4: provide a method for legacy users to move items to a new server in the future (but not back to legacy)

 

Again I want to thank all of you for an awesome creative game, but again reiterate please look at #1 and #2 above - thanks much!!

I Feel Ya Bro, The last update I got blew my gameplay out of the water! I lost my five Juvenile Rexes levels in the 230's. I bought those rexes with hard earned Grinding. I hatched them during the X8 event knowing that I would have no problem razing them. but the 36 hour rollback was brutal. there was no way to prepare for that. I Lost all of them but wat realy upset me is that I made 1750 narcotic darts (one large Box) in order to buy those eggs from another player. Roll Back Why --No Rexes--No Eggs-- No darts. and no one is responsible for this eror so I cant even ask the devs to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×