ARK Digest Q&A! (no longer accepting questions)

Jatheish

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

That's like asking why Titans are pooping Massive Feces. They are the only ones that does and they are also end-game. So yeah, since Phonixes poop pearls; they have a mesh. Would make no sense for them to poop boxes, would it? I'm pretty sure they analyzed and profiled the resource cost carefully before scratching them out. I mean, they already have the models ready so there was no reason to not implement them unless they are drastically causing the memory to suffer like they said. If I had to guess, I would say that the earthquakes are using the meshes because they are "controlled" drops. And by controlled I mean that they cannot be flooded by thousands by players trying to make the servers lag and/or crash in worst case. If anything, it would be nice if it was a server option so we could enable them on our servers without mods if we wanted to.

the Earthquate thing makes sense, but i wasn't asking why phoenixes poop pearls and not boxes, i was asking why pearls have a mesh when the player drops them (yes, i tested it with no mods, and they have the clam mesh). and i just figured it was linked to phoenixes

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Umber0010 said:

the Earthquate thing makes sense, but i wasn't asking why phoenixes poop pearls and not boxes, i was asking why pearls have a mesh when the player drops them (yes, i tested it with no mods, and they have the clam mesh). and i just figured it was linked to phoenixes

Yeah, like I said earlier they were the only exception in your list. Though if I had to guess, I would say for the same reason that when you drop feces they have a mesh, or when you drop eggs, etc. they have one too. I don't think there is any special reason other than that.

23 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Yeah, like I said earlier they were the only exception in your list. Though if I had to guess, I would say for the same reason that when you drop feces they have a mesh, or when you drop eggs, etc. they have one too. I don't think there is any special reason other than that.

yeah, i'm probably overthinking things.

Now for a serious question for the Q&A (which will hopefully be like, 5x as long with how long it's been since the last one). would you ever consider putting Aberration content onto Ragnarok? I can confirm that atleast a couple things (rock drakes and Glider suits) work great on there, you've said before that when you bu the DLC you buy the map, Aberration has plenty of it's own merits to justify playing on it even if the content can be gotten somewhere else, And literally all of your sponsored maps have.will have aberration content. and yes, i have bought aberration, twice for that matter. just thought i'd ask

Will we ever get a reason to fight bosses a lot? I understand element is a decent reward but how about better quality blueprints?
High level blueprints for defeating the Alpha would be an amazing reason to fight them over and over. You know the same reason why people go for cave loot crates again and again. The hope for high level blueprint drops. Having to gather a bunch of small trophies just for element isn't really worth the time spent vs simply running caves.

Currently the only real endgame content we have it breeding and cave running. But breeding is a bit dull(since it's so slow) and cave running can be optimised to a point where minimal bullets are spent. Bring more endgame content :D

Hey guys, here are some questions that have been burning for a few months awaiting awnser:

- Will there be any changes regarding Tek on Scorched Earth? (Tek gen + thunderstorm = off, Can't use cloning chamber on SE)

- Will tek saddles have a function in PvE now that the torpor damage has been removed? Especially since the tek saddles have 25.0 armour. 

- Is there a planning on giving more dino capacity on servers, to the point where its playable again?

- Are you planning to release some fun statistics for PvE. (i.e. amount of dino's born during x3 event, amount of baby dino's killed during x3 event, amount of dino's tamed on a regular x2 weekend, amount of boss fights in a certain month etc. and for PvP i.e. amount of bullets shot in a day/week)

And last but not least:

- Where do you see Ark in 2 years from now?

Hi there, I know we have the transponder node for tracking but it's not so good, i was wondering if we could get some kind of tracking item that we can place in a dino or friends inventory so we can always see their location on the mini map, also i was wondering if we could get a config maybe to increase item stack size, on 50x servers ect the low stack sizes can be a pain in the butt, pc has the option to add a mod for stack sizes but the console does not.

Will you be making any changes to the in game options to make the game more fair with cross play on Xbox/windows 10, as it stands the windows 10 version can turn down bloom, ground clutter etc and have 60 fps, where as the console does not have these options, 60 fps on the PC is a huge advantage as is but then being able to turn off bloom etc is even more of an advantage, would love to see light shafts, bloom and ground clutter options on the Xbox version so we can at least have a little more advantage and bump that fps a little.

Could we get a new Perk Leveling System ? 

The actual leveling system hasn't be truly updated since the begining of Ark and is a bit "basic" with stats to increase. It's not as rewarding as it could be, we learn new things to craft yes but the character himself doesn't learn new abilities. 

A perk system like in Fallout 4 could be a perfect alternative and make ARK leveling so much more rewarding and interesting, especially for players who want to play on rpg servers ! 

We could have some perks that increase actual stats (health, weight capacity), unlock engrams (all wood structures at once/ primitive weapons at lvl 1 and modern weapons at level 3-5), increase new ability (trainer stat that increase the number of tames you can have or boost the taming process/immunity stat that increase the resistance to drug, venom, narco,diseases...) or give new abilities (using 2 weapons in the same time, slowly climbing trees and cliffs by hands, better at moving stealthy or xp speed boost...) 

I would know if it could be possible and if you think about it?

Thanks for the reading ! :)

Hey is it possible to add a storage container that takes on the needed since of what you store in it? Like you store Crystal in it and it becomes a crystal? Have three different sizes and make it so you can place at least the small size on tables. This would make it so you could have so many more options when decorating.
Or it could have a skin slot like a Dino has for costumes. Then whatever you put in the skin spot would benefit the image of the container. Could we have a non decomposing storage/or skinnable container that we can throw and use like a ball or a dice too?
This would make role play and even just ark have even more options!

Can we have "intelligent" circuit elements please, so we can build things around doors that open and close based on some logic.

Let's have lures and deterrents for dinos that can be triggered by circuits.

AND/OR/NOT logic gates please.

Allow electrical items to have a choice of control circuit (on a bit mask), so we can determine what items are controlled by different inputs.

Have electrical items output a signal to say when they're switched on or off.  And detector circuits that can be triggered depending on the contents of fridges and troughs and boxes.

IR detectors that sense the size of creatures passing by and send a signal into the circuit network.

Look at Minecraft and Factorio for more inspiration, but make the circuits Ark style.  And make them electrical rather than Tek-tier.

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, Supertoto said:

Do you plan to write some novels ? I am very interested by the idea of making a series of novels with all the explorer notes inside and the story of all the characters we saw in ARK, that would be awesome and I would definitely buy them :D 

Make a TV series that follows Ark's story and intended progression please.

We would like to know if we will ever get the tek transmitter changed back to allow boss fights from the base. The obbs are crowded and in accessable due to everyone trying to do the boss runs. Freeing them back up would be great allowing the lesser tribes to use them to work their way up to obtaining the tek transmitter.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, R3DxNightMar3 said:

We would like to know if we will ever get the tek transmitter changed back to allow boss fights from the base. The obbs are crowded and in accessable due to everyone trying to do the boss runs. Freeing them back up would be great allowing the lesser tribes to use them to work their way up to obtaining the tek transmitter.

You can also use beacons to do the boss fights.

Two questions.

First off would it be possible to make a server option that lets us breed the apex dinos (wyvern, rock drake, griffin, etc). I know on computer there are mods for this but as a console player I would love to see this make its way to us.

Secondly can we please have a stacking configuration setting on the server set up? This would all ow us to set how high a item stacks until it starts a new stack. A simple check box that has vanilla stack options if unchecked a scroll bar below it has a slide to mark how high you want all items in the game to stack. Again PC has a mod for this but us console people are stuck with honey only stacking in groups of 1 along with prime meet and so many more important things. This artificial number constraint is not fun and I don't know how many times I have lost loot from a alpha kill because all the prime meat in stacks of 1 took up my inventory space. Also Im sure it would save memory space if the raw meat along with organic polymer all stacked up to say 500 or 1000 instead of having icons and stuff for 50 stacks of 10 polymer or 30 stacks of 1 prime meat. It would also let some of those outrageous blueprints manageable if I can stack things up to 500 maybe I can build that snazzy ravager saddle instead of wishing there was a forge animal on aberration like a beaver or Thorny Dragon with high weight. On console I spend half my time emptying my inventory of crap I dont want because I have so many stacks to go through . Please make this an option .Please?

On another note do you guys think you could release some smaller mods in a more regular fashion as opposed to these big maps that are incomplete and still full of bugs. Like a stack or armor mod or dino armor mod would should be easy to test and able to be distributed as free micro dlc every couple of months depending on whats going on behind the scenes. This would be a good way to keep the player base engaged if a new month meant a new micro mod and every 5-6 we get a new map or big mod plus micro-mod.

Just an idea.

Hello, I think it would be awesome if you guys improved the oceans of the game. What you did with the two underwater caves of The Island proved how much potential the underwater biome has. You could had new plants, corals, a better ecosystem, ruins and other elements that make players want to explore and settle in the sea, what do you think ? 

• Jatheish unfeatured, featured, unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived