ARK Digest Q&A! (no longer accepting questions)

Jatheish

Are more sliders for several in-game effects and audio settings coming in the future?

We've recently seen the Earthquake slider being changed because some people had seizures from the shaking but now because I don't play with large creature shaking footsteps I'm having zero earthquakes and it just seems like my server is lagging whenever an earthquake hits. So separate the earthquake shaking and footstep shaking sliders, please? :) 

It would also be amazing if we could have certain sounds like animal sounds and atmosphere sounds be on a separate audio sliders because right now you can only choose between ALL in-game sound effects on a single slider. The Spino, as an example, is insanely loud with its footsteps but if I turn down the footstep sound I lose all atmospheric sounds as well :( 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you plan to do against the massivly overpopulated pve servers? daily new players start on the old maps like The Island or The Center and get the message "too many tamed creatures on this ark" as a welcome. On the other side u have lots of legacy servers with only a low player count where no new player wants to start because they fear Wildcard could wipe those servers. 

1. Will this Q&A be double/triple the length sense it's been so long?

also, could you look through some of the engrams from the DLC and re-work some of them to be added to the base game? particularly the ones that seem like they would be a Vanilla Addition (mirror, Homing RPG, Shag rug, pliers, ect)

would you ever consider updating Scorched earth with more Creatures and areas to explore?

When are you gonna repurpose all the dead legacy server like you promised you would do.

There 521 legacy pvp ps4 servers:

333 have 0 people in them 

178 Have 1 to 9people in them 

10 Have 10 or more in them.

I have posted the the daily figures on twitch for 4 weeks an there always thus dead.

You could repurpose these an help with lag an over crowding on the newer servers. 

Could you change the way "no clipping" works and so resources won't respawn after you've harvested them? Clipping into the environment works pretty good 99% of the time but even with the respawn radius resources still grow back into structures. There could also be an option as to how you want it to work eg full clipping (current behaviour), no resource clipping (resources won't regrow), no structure clipping into other structures (placing smithy, storage etc won't clip through structures) etc.

1. Xbox One version was suppose to be optimized on the official release date according to other post's. There are so many micro stutter's on multi and single player. An update on the progress would be nice. 

2. Now that it is a 'play anywhere' title, will the xbox one version have mouse and keyboard support?

3. Why are updates on windows store so much larger than updates on xbox?  (today xbox was 10GB  but the windows looks like its reaching 40GB)

4. If you start a Host/Local single player game on xbox, will we be able to load it up in the windows 10 version?  or does it have to be a multiplayer server?

Love the game.

Thank you.

Since we’ve come to the stage of updating the creatures and dinosaurs features and visuals, i’ve been wondering if you’ll be looking at the state of the game in terms of the survival aspect.

As the pvp side has drifted into defined metas we’ve seen an increase at attempts to balance it, but a neglect to account for basic environmentally based resource consumption.

We could use some a system where building big means heavier resource consumption. You can hook up one generator to an entire base, but is that in any way realistic in terms of energy consumption? 

Will we ever see seasonal cycles and weather based temperature shifts, an effect on dinos based on season or temperature (breeding/mating speed?) packs that move together and migrate?

Cooking is stale, where is the custom recipe system going? Can we see more different meat states and types? i.e dark, lean, poultry, red, matured foods, a different, less efficient state before spoiling, maybe milk, cheeses, all incorporated in a food processing system for effects on players or dinos?

In my opinion the food, water, oxygen and in most cases fortitude stats have become redundant. Is it time to go back to the roots of survival?

1. Is there an estimated release for the Scorched Earth ascension and the tek wyvern saddle? That dlc has been out for a while and it seems wrong that it is the only official map to not have an ascension, and it's not even the latest dlc to be released. 

2. Is there any plans to ever release the Hive creature that has been in the dev kit?

• Jatheish unfeatured, featured, unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived