ARK Digest Q&A! (no longer accepting questions)

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys!

I'm going to unpin this thread for now. It's been a while since our last Digest, and we've decided that we're going to be pausing them going forward. We've found that historically the Digest would make us a little overzealous regarding our development plans, which is why part of the reason we're stopping. We don't want to make any promises that we feel we can't keep and we believe that this is the best decision for everyone. We're also preceding it for more active participation in other mediums, so you'll generally see us more visible across the board.

Don't sweat though, even without having Digest; we'll still be reading your feedback and suggestions for the game, as well as having an active presence within the Community! Plus even if there's something we hadn’t responded to that doesn’t mean it won't make it into the game, rideable Moschops anyone? ?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you going to review and change the imprinting system? Currently the formula used doesn't allow unofficial servers to reach 100% imprint bonus on all dinos in a decent and feasible way for players.

We are trying to have faster maturation rates and a longer interval between cares, resulting in most of those dinos unable to reach 100% or sometimes to get one care at all.

1. Will underwater compartments get overhauled? They are just too limited, Pillars in the middle of each one and structures don't snap in or to them makes them bad in PvE servers.

2. Can we get Tek Preserving Bin/Fridge maybe Wyvern Milk could go into Tek Preserving Bin/Fridge since it could use heat. Maybe you could toggle heating and cooling for different timers.

3. With the reveal that S+ is the next Official Mod and with it being integrated officially can we expect to see differences from PvP to PvE on Official Servers? Like on PvE we could have are wires and pipes in the structures and also be able to hide electric box flashing. Then on PvP having Metal Glass. And Ability to silent ACs and Hide Electric Junction wires in PvE.

What is going to be done about Tame Dino Limit? adding new servers will not fix this just prolong it for another month. I think this is the BIGGEST thing needing work on officials PVE atm, considering 70% of people playing ark are on PVE I should imagine most agree with me.

Edit :: have tried 22 servers so far, and still trying all are Tame Capped. Just a side note; Is it True Dino Tame Limit was significantly reduced on the new servers? or is it really because of the New population the Release has brung with it? in which I also ask another fair question, Was the game ready for this amount of new / returning players? And is it fair to say that the decline in population on PVE will be at its worst since the game even came into Early Access during this "Non Taming Period"? I know it might sound like I am having a Rant, but I assure you I am not. I just really care about this game and the time I put into it. And to be honest at the moment Jat. I feel Lost, Lost what todo as I cannot finish my breeding. I can't even mate none of my dino's to store the eggs. I hope to shed some light on this topic and for the most part I hope people out there will want an answer above anything relating to this topic.

We care about all of the developers and we love what they are doing, we don't ask more than expected we just want to be taken care of.
We love you and we love what this game has become <3

20 minutes ago, Gov said:

What is going to be done about Tame Dino Limit? adding new servers will not fix this just prolong it for another month. I think this is the BIGGEST thing needing work on officials PVE atm, considering 70% of people playing ark are on PVE I should imagine most agree with me.

+1 for this

- Are automatic defenses going to be updated in order to have more types included with distinct functionality (ie, anti-air, anti-ground, mortar...) more examples in this post:

- Is there any plan to make some kind of very low rate of fire, very high Damage TEK sniper rifle, regarding this some kind of "Teak Weapons lineup" would make more appealing to jump from metal to TEK.

- Could you give us any examples of distinct functions of TEK saddles apart of saddles shooting beams?

Thanks in advance.

Two questions:

1) Will we be seeing more unofficial server options soon?  Holiday event toggles, transferable tribute/element options, etc?  These would be especially helpful for cluster server owners like myself.

2) In light of confirmation that The Center and Ragnarok are "non-canon", will the dev kit see the ability to make custom bosses and explorer notes at any point?

When the game came out with the original Island, it was touted to be a game with dinosaurs. As we've gotten further into the lore and sent to different Arks, we've gotten away from the prehistoric and gotten more into the mythical. Will the Island ever receive new dinosaurs? I need some Gorgonopsid in my life.

Is there anything you can tell us about what types of changes the dinos will get in the TLC pass? Will they get new/updated animations? New abilities? New taming methods? Especially a fan of the interactive taming of the Equus, will something similar be added to more dinos?

Clothing skins crafted from wool/fur to wear on top of any armour? (Maybe even skins that need only wool or only fur to make those resources more exclusive? Skins are not neccessary anyways) :D 

Pretty please with sugar on top :x : Double clicking on a server in the server browser connects to it (instead of having to press "Join") and being able to press enter in the password window instead of having to press "Accept".

In ARK Digest 52 WC didn't reply to any of the hot questions we placed here. What is the purpose of asking questions if WC just ignores them?

Most people who bought this game WANT to know when  will be able to play it as intended, more precisely:

- When the heavy lag issues will be resolved

- What WC is going to do regarding taming cap on most of official server

- If troubles regarding abuse of pillaring and sealing of POIs (PVE) will be ever be seriously addressed

If those problems cannot be technically resolved it's fine but please inform us.

I play on an unofficial server so no idea if this affects official too but can you please fix it: 

The tribe founder stopped playing - just never logged back on, but all the Dino's he'd tamed ended up claimable. The tribe pet settings were set to tribe owned and there was no timer or claiming warning on the Dino's for tribe members - they still showed as being tribe owned - yet people started to claim them.

The only way to reset the claim timer/availability was to get an admin to promote me to tribe owner, then after a reply it reset them.

So, basically if your tribe owner stops playing, you can lose your games and the first thing you'll know about t is when someone claims them all.

• Jatheish unfeatured, featured, unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived