Someone is griefing me on PvE. Please tell me ways to grief back

AdligerAdler

41 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Make an allied tribe tame 500 dodos and drop them in his base on wander to cause lag 

This one actually made me laugh.

I personally would not suggest griefing back, but when there isn't a better option, lesser of two evils I suppose. Please be careful you aren't breaking any rules yourself.

Sometimes a bully's form of revenge, is reporting their victim for rulebreaking, if their victim had retaliated with rulebreaking tactics. I've had some friends get in trouble this way, and the bully played the roll of innocent. It's why the insults on signs is not a good idea, breaks some rules... unless you can be creative with the text, without violating any kind of rules etc.

I am sorry this is happening to you. Sad to see that the way to resolve this specific issue, was to stoop to their level :/

Two wrongs dont make a right... but if it works... sometimes doing the wrong thing for the right reasons maybe the best option.

I wish the best of luck for anyone who has to deal with this level of scum.

If you can, kite diplos over to push all their dinos around.  This sometimes works better than kiting aggro dinos since they don't kill them, so they won't get a message with what happened.  And it's reversable by them so no long-term damage done.

Find their body and drag it to a really out of the way place with no fast way to kill themselves.

Build a crazy maze and drag them to the centre of it when they are offline.  Put signs up saying there is a reward if you make it to the end.  Then make it so when they finally get to the exit it's a trap and they just fall down to the start again.

23 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

Update:

I placed a few hundred pipes at his gates and when I came online today I found a PSN message saying he will leave me alone if I destroy the pipes. I did and then he came and demolished his rafts and removed his dinos. I'm free! Feels good. Thanks for all the help.

I'm glad you were able to rectify the situation. The ticket system's a running joke on my own server. Back before the legacy fiasco we had a griefer foundation the volcano when it was the best place for metal in the game. For 7 months nothing spawned anywhere on it. Must have been over a hundred tickets sent in over that time. The server eventually managed to solve that problem and as a witness to the final event I have to say that it...was...glorious! :D

On 10/29/2017 at 11:33 AM, AdligerAdler said:

PvE official. He placed rafts on front of my behemoth gates with walls on them (I live at coast). Then he placed rafts INSIDE my base and blocked my dino gates with spike walls. Then he placed low lvl rexes in front of other doors.

How can he even place rafts in my base? I have pillars in the water. He was even able to build on the rafts.

I tried with talking, really, before and after he did that things, but it didn't help. 

Now I want to grief back. He wants to ruin my game so I''m gonna ruin his. 

I want to grief back in and around his base. He has water too in his base so I'm gonna place rafts too. I don't have a platform dino so I can't bring dinos into his base.

Can I make him hit the structure limit? Does it work with pipes?

If this tribe has purposefully built around and inside your base in a way that is preventing you from building, it is reportable. Obtain proof with pictures and submit a ticket. It could get them banned or their base and dinosaurs wiped.

On 10/30/2017 at 7:56 PM, SmokeyB said:

Tame a load of brontos and stand them all around his Base so no tames can get in or out.

Tame a paracer and put a platform on it,  build a giant ramp on the platform so you can walk dinos over his walls. Fill his base with Raptors. Their noise is so annoying.

Pipes for days around his base,  and then electric cables too.

Make an allied tribe tame 500 dodos and drop them in his base on wander to cause lag 

Afk by his base on a chair blasting terrible music through the head set. 

Thank you, Saved this for future use :D, The music bit is awesome haha, pair that with 500 dodos, I guess that is what hell must look like :D

On 10/30/2017 at 8:38 AM, crimsin said:

Seems every pve server has people like this..They are too cowardly to play on pvp servers so they bully people on pve

WC should ban them temporarily from PVE servers.  As punishment they can only play on PVP servers for a few days. I would love to see their smug little faces when they got sent over to play with us PVP players.   >:) 

• 7 months later...

I'm dealing with this pretty much exactly. Only been playing about 6 weeks but I went hardcore grind in that time. About 2 weeks into playing and building, which was obvious what I was aiming for, an established person/tribe surrounded me with pillars, even placing them in the water blocking me from finishing anymore of my water base. They only log on it seems once every 2 weeks, been asking nicely for about a month now but now I have gone extreme. Today I placed about 15 billboards and rafts asking them to please remove their pillars they have obviously boxed me in with.

1 hour ago, Thorzuul said:

I'm dealing with this pretty much exactly. Only been playing about 6 weeks but I went hardcore grind in that time. About 2 weeks into playing and building, which was obvious what I was aiming for, an established person/tribe surrounded me with pillars, even placing them in the water blocking me from finishing anymore of my water base. They only log on it seems once every 2 weeks, been asking nicely for about a month now but now I have gone extreme. Today I placed about 15 billboards and rafts asking them to please remove their pillars they have obviously boxed me in with.

Report it to Wildcard

On 10/29/2017 at 4:48 PM, AVENGED said:

I wouldn't waste my time with "support." Basically you submit your evidence, wait a few weeks, exchange a few messages, they say they're looking into it, wait another few weeks, receive a message saying the ticket has been submitted to the enforcement team for review, wait a few more weeks, then add on a few more weeks, get frustrated, reply asking what the deal is, wait a few weeks for response, get response of they're not allowed to discuss details of an investigation or something similar, wait a few more weeks, nothing gets done.

Much simpler to just kite a Titan or sabotage them at every opportunity. 

or better yet, they could wipe your tribe on accident because the GM never took the 5 minutes required to get your side of the story where he would have found out the other tribe was filing false tickets the whole time. Then threaten you with VAC ban if you go public with what happened.

I could teach you quite a few PVP griefing techniques but they wouldn't work in your mode of play. One trick that seems pretty universal would to make a new character and befriend your foe, get into his tribe and then delete his base and unclaim his dinos.. There is no rule against this in PVE that I am aware of.

Archived