Thank you for releasing Legacy saves. It's been a good run.

Halcyon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, shadowkyuubi said:

any info on if they are going to revisit the dino cap issue, or at least raising it for at least the ragnarok servers seeing how it is a bigger map and can support more people and bases

Dino cap is more a performance issue really.  The problem stems from the fact that on pvp you don't have 50 tribes with 200+ dinos each, dinos die all the time due to combat and other reasons.  This is why we need a dino repository we can store them on, steam inventory, or some sort of lifespan so they die on their own after a while.

5 hours ago, Mavrick said:

Dino cap is more a performance issue really.  The problem stems from the fact that on pvp you don't have 50 tribes with 200+ dinos each, dinos die all the time due to combat and other reasons.  This is why we need a dino repository we can store them on, steam inventory, or some sort of lifespan so they die on their own after a while.

yeah then turn dino cap off on PVE

Dont understand about 50% of whats going on. Answer please:

i`m PS4 official legacy pvp. Got few dinos on pve for safety. Also know a guy that have 60 rexes on pve and pirating abandoned dinos. So smth will happen with legacy servers (wipe, restart, disintegrate:D) or all my worries has no grounds? 

Sorry for this dilettantism, just wanna make sense.

18 minutes ago, Xzibit said:

Dont understand about 50% of whats going on. Answer please:

i`m PS4 official legacy pvp. Got few dinos on pve for safety. Also know a guy that have 60 rexes on pve and pirating abandoned dinos. So smth will happen with legacy servers (wipe, restart, disintegrate:D) or all my worries has no grounds? 

Sorry for this dilettantism, just wanna make sense.

Well legacy servers will eventually get wiped/removed. But it is up to WC in what order they go down. So if you have started on a legacy server you are gambling atm ?.

if this is what you meant.

3 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

Well legacy servers will eventually get wiped/removed. But it is up to WC in what order they go down. So if you have started on a legacy server you are gambling atm ?.

Indeed, eventually enough people will leave each server so that they get shutdown.  Maybe 3 months till the last goes, or a year, who knows.

1 hour ago, MJF said:

I understand it will take time to make the saves available, but can we at least get confirmation when they have been taken? At release time, the servers were active for a week after the saves were created, leading to some wasted time and effort for some players. I’d like to see that avoided this time.

It would be very nice to know this.Especially considering we were told they would be available this week.

Im about to make the most of the event and  hatch a giga to replace one that fell through the map a few weeks ago.

Would be nice to know if im wasting my time.

@Jatheish?

On 10/29/2017 at 1:41 PM, Halcyon said:

Every  Dino has history. Every structure has a story. Every geopolitical border had a saga. 

The sentimental value of all that was legacy is powerful. One does not simply let go of that, especially if it brought about friendships older than a year. 

applauds

Well said! Almost every single word*, every sentence in your entire post, I can feel I have had the exact (or similar) experiences and feelings! Well written post. (* = my 100%'s were Quetz, instead of Giga)

scrapping/salvaging my friend's bases.

I've done this as well. Bittersweet feelings.

Screenshot below of a base that existed at the time of the first kill list. The server this castle was on, was spared from that list, so this server's save wasn't part of the first list of servers we could download. The tribe left after the switch to legacy. That base is now gone. It seems like 60% of the bases that were on this server (at the time of the first kill list) are gone now. Most of our community has let things time out.

Yhhgqjc.jpg

If only these save files were made available when the first kill list came about, but now too late for that afaik. Oh well.

Bittersweet feelings. I do look forward to the savefiles for my currently played legacy servers, so I can save my sentimental dinos in a state where I can feed them when I want to, and not have to feed them when I am not active. I hope the savepoint was captured before the halloween event, as I had lost five sentimetal dinos in that event, and I would like to have them still alive for my singleplayer. But it's up to Wildcard to make the choice on that.

18 hours ago, MJF said:

I understand it will take time to make the saves available, but can we at least get confirmation when they have been taken? At release time, the servers were active for a week after the saves were created, leading to some wasted time and effort for some players. I’d like to see that avoided this time.

I would hope they would choose to do the same as last time, which means I'd expect the saves to be captured at the moment they made the announcement. I happen to be on at the time, there seemed to be a very long lag, as if there was a very intense save going on, but I might just be imagining things.

Predictability and consistency is very important to many people, including myself.

7 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

applauds

Well said! Almost every single word*, every sentence in your entire post, I can feel I have had the exact (or similar) experiences and feelings! Well written post. (* = my 100%'s were Quetz, instead of Giga)

I've done this as well. Bittersweet feelings.

Screenshot below of a base that existed at the time of the first kill list. The server this castle was on, was spared from that list, so this server's save wasn't part of the first list of servers we could download. The tribe left after the switch to legacy. That base is now gone. It seems like 60% of the bases that were on this server (at the time of the first kill list) are gone now. Most of our community has let things time out.

Yhhgqjc.jpg

If only these save files were made available when the first kill list came about, but now too late for that afaik. Oh well.

Bittersweet feelings. I do look forward to the savefiles for my currently played legacy servers, so I can save my sentimental dinos in a state where I can feed them when I want to, and not have to feed them when I am not active. I hope the savepoint was captured before the halloween event, as I had lost five sentimetal dinos in that event, and I would like to have them still alive for my singleplayer. But it's up to Wildcard to make the choice on that.

OMG yeah...

My friends were kind enough to give me all their stuff. make me admin or even owner of tribe.

I was already at Dino cap so I had to use my wife's account to create alts. Then layers of alts and more friends quit. I wanted to preserve everything.

At one point i was feeding 5 bases. Couln't handle it, and decided to save "the best of" my friends.

Spent 3 weeks cataloguing, sorting, ARKing Dinos and resources.

After full evacuation to a central base that housed about 1000 Dinos of friends and allies to make it easier to feed, I carefully scrapped each base in a way where I was picking up metal plate after metal plate, even tho i would get a lot more metal on the weekend by mining blue obi. (I built a teleporter there) It was silly... but if the bases were gonna vanish, i didn't want it to be for nothing. Not after these poeple who built it, spent up to 2 years defending all they have achieved. So I had to personally dismantle it by hand and turn the metal ingots into Tek behemoth gates, transmitters and shotgun shells, so that their work at least lives on as part of mine. Something to make me feel better. Maybe it was just an excuse for me to not have to log on to multiple accounts to refresh timers. I donnoh. lol. Also a part of me wants the memories to stop hurting.

But one structure I felt happy to merge into my tribe and that was a big base that had alot of history. Changed many hands. When i first started on ARK, the original owner of that base took me in, showed me the basics and helped me in many ways till i could set out on my own. Not alot of poeple do that on ARK.

Months later, he quit, bequeathed the base to a close friend of his, who added his own embellishments and upgrades to the base... then he quit and bequethed it onto another. The base kept evolving. Growing. Each extension representing a generation.  You could see by it's structures the personality of each owner. Was a archaeological marvel.

The day I recieved it from a fellow alliance mate, I was honored and almost teary eyed sentimental. Ever since, i turned it into a kind of alliance museum. The oldest structure on the server to this date.

8 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

I would hope they would choose to do the same as last time, which means I'd expect the saves to be captured at the moment they made the announcement. I happen to be on at the time, there seemed to be a very long lag, as if there was a very intense save going on, but I might just be imagining things.

Predictability and consistency is very important to many people, including myself.

When, exactly was that? And were you moving dinos at the time??? ;D

On 11/4/2017 at 3:33 PM, catnip said:

When, exactly was that? And were you moving dinos at the time??? ;D

I dont know the exact time, it was within an hour or two around whenever the community crunch was posted.

I dont know if I was moving our tribe dinos, probably not. Memory is fuzzy. I am sure I have moved some of our dinos after that announcement.You/I could always download all four servers and move them around :)

On 11/3/2017 at 7:58 PM, Avaraxius said:

Unless you are playing on a server that will be hosted on unofficial, so the legacy continues. :)

WHERE ARE OUR SAVES!!!1?1?1??11

My server is sitting there waiting..........

Dear Wildcard, 
Thank you for releasing the legacy saves. I've been working on getting ASC gear made and Dinos selected for aberration, all the while scrapping/salvaging my friend's bases.
Between my spouts of enthusiasm and business, I am assailed by an awful feeling of hopelessness, as if asking "what am I struggling for? I could just stop now and get all of it back on single player, and then some." and notice.... I have spent many weeks raising Gigas to 100% imprint. Every  Dino has history. Every structure has a story. Every geopolitical border had a saga. 
The sentimental value of all that was legacy is powerful. One does not simply let go of that, especially if it brought about friendships older than a year. 
After sleepless nights getting dinos to 100% imprint, and long hours taming, with months of preparation for Bosses, only to be faced with continuous disappointments over the years such as flyer nerfs, platform tame caps, leeds, and such,  I found myself unable to "be arsed" to endeavour such. 
It is why I am happy that I may take my legacy home, and finally create some semblance of certainty and security. A peace of mind that all that I do won't be meta'd out of existence.  
Henceforth, I may bid official multiplayer farewell, and play the game I so love the way I'd like to, flyer nerf undone; free of timers, without the pillaring, the tame cap, the foreign languages on global chat, the constant drama and geopolitical intrigue. I look forward to living on the back of a permanent Titan as a main base. To take my time exploring Ragna, Center, SE and Island, and subsequently aberration, and get to build on the best spots.
Thank you for curing my addiction to multiplayer, and letting me play ARK for what it is:  An excellent game, as opposed to an unhealthy lifestyle. 

If ur looking to play on a legacy server that isn't full and has plenty of space to build come to legacy server EU 170 and I will even gine u a free Rex to help start out. I'm firedragons

I think u people shouldnt ask for the save drop, if they give u the save and delete ur stuff from the server then ur save is useless. It only have a value when it’s still one the official server. In single mode and unofficial it’s just pointless to paly at all, u can get enerything just by typing in lines of commands. So plz dont ask for save drop. What we need is not deleting the save from the official server. Single mode and unofficial equal to deleting everything. Thank about that. We want the save to be kept on official servers.

Archived