Thank you for releasing Legacy saves. It's been a good run.

Halcyon

44 minutes ago, 002 said:

I think u people shouldnt ask for the save drop, if they give u the save and delete ur stuff from the server then ur save is useless. It only have a value when it’s still one the official server. In single mode and unofficial it’s just pointless to paly at all, u can get enerything just by typing in lines of commands. So plz dont ask for save drop. What we need is not deleting the save from the official server. Single mode and unofficial equal to deleting everything. Thank about that. We want the save to be kept on official servers.

uploading saves does not mean that they will remove the servers or delete anything on the current legacy servers. It just means that people can use the saves on unofficial or private or play on the live version. Its just options. It does not affect anyone who plays on the legacy servers right now and want to keep playing on them. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 002 said:

I think u people shouldnt ask for the save drop, if they give u the save and delete ur stuff from the server then ur save is useless. It only have a value when it’s still one the official server. In single mode and unofficial it’s just pointless to paly at all, u can get enerything just by typing in lines of commands. So plz dont ask for save drop. What we need is not deleting the save from the official server. Single mode and unofficial equal to deleting everything. Thank about that. We want the save to be kept on official servers.

Some people on official legacy servers, such as myself, do not have access to any Scorched Earth servers in our cluster.  This is DLC we paid for and can't use without restarting.   We would like access restored to paid DLC from our current servers.  I would like to buy Aberration, but am hesitant until I can access the previous paid DLC.

Legacy servers have no Admin support.  We have no one to help if someone is putting racial slurs in general chat or a tame falls through the map.

We want the save file to invest money and time into maintaining and improving the community in which we play.  We will do this because Wild Card will not.  Not all server admins are cheaters.  I am not interested in restarting.  I would like to continue on breeding and playing with the same tames I have hundreds of hours invested.  My Dinos have lots of good memories associated with them.  My co-players are nice people and I would like to continue spending leisure time with them in an improved environment.

P.S.  Your spelling and grammar could also use improvement.

3 hours ago, aorticarch said:

uploading saves does not mean that they will remove the servers or delete anything on the current legacy servers. It just means that people can use the saves on unofficial or private or play on the live version. Its just options. It does not affect anyone who plays on the legacy servers right now and want to keep playing on them. 

Yea, that’s good, but still we should tell them to keep the legacy server running, we’ve spent our time and efforts on this game. Play unofficial is really pointless. Only official make it a good community for the palyers and make it in a balanced environment.

2 hours ago, dv8ndie said:

Some people on official legacy servers, such as myself, do not have access to any Scorched Earth servers in our cluster.  This is DLC we paid for and can't use without restarting.   We would like access restored to paid DLC from our current servers.  I would like to buy Aberration, but am hesitant until I can access the previous paid DLC.

Legacy servers have no Admin support.  We have no one to help if someone is putting racial slurs in general chat or a tame falls through the map.

We want the save file to invest money and time into maintaining and improving the community in which we play.  We will do this because Wild Card will not.  Not all server admins are cheaters.  I am not interested in restarting.  I would like to continue on breeding and playing with the same tames I have hundreds of hours invested.  My Dinos have lots of good memories associated with them.  My co-players are nice people and I would like to continue spending leisure time with them in an improved environment.

P.S.  Your spelling and grammar could also use improvement.

Well said.. I have access to the DLC's but having that feeling that the legacy servers were left to prevent total uproar on the initial wipes.. I feel they will eventually wipe them all.. especially with aberration coming out (they do need servers to run on) and what better place to grab some from.. our current legacy servers.. I too have HOURS playing.. each dino has a special place in my heart.. each building, each wall placed..   There may be those out there who do not understand or care.. but  for the number of people that don't care there are probably the same amount in number that does care.. We really need a save before more dino's are lost, glitched thru the floor, walls despawning although you where there the day before feeding and doing maintenance.. (yes, stories I am hearing all the time lately).. and then the trolls...   Please WC... please provide us a save..

23 minutes ago, Bearbrat said:

Well said.. I have access to the DLC's but having that feeling that the legacy servers were left to prevent total uproar on the initial wipes.. I feel they will eventually wipe them all.. especially with aberration coming out (they do need servers to run on) and what better place to grab some from.. our current legacy servers.. I too have HOURS playing.. each dino has a special place in my heart.. each building, each wall placed..   There may be those out there who do not understand or care.. but  for the number of people that don't care there are probably the same amount in number that does care.. We really need a save before more dino's are lost, glitched thru the floor, walls despawning although you where there the day before feeding and doing maintenance.. (yes, stories I am hearing all the time lately).. and then the trolls...   Please WC... please provide us a save..

This is why i want the save file.12 days to 100% and just got the no support for legacy cut/paste reply.It died upon server restart. It fell through the map at 29/45 on the island.Had i already been given the save i could of got it out.(Bottom right of screenshot).

20171020184043_1-3.jpg

Oh and lets not forget the poor behavior that is becoming common on these servers now people know WC will do nothing.

Along with foul language,blocking paths...50/50 river is completely blocked we also have a couple of relatively new people claiming up everything.They are then taking the best stuff back to their base and setting everything else on wander/aggressive.There would be atleast 200 tames roaming around on wander aggressive.

These tames once belonged to some of the longest playing people on my server,now they are just a plague.

Here is a screenshot of one of about 50 wyverns they have set loose

20171110_073604.jpg

20 hours ago, edskelly said:

Oh and lets not forget the poor behavior that is becoming common on these servers now people know WC will do nothing.

Along with foul language,blocking paths...50/50 river is completely blocked we also have a couple of relatively new people claiming up everything.They are then taking the best stuff back to their base and setting everything else on wander/aggressive.There would be atleast 200 tames roaming around on wander aggressive.

These tames once belonged to some of the longest playing people on my server,now they are just a plague.

Here is a screenshot of one of about 50 wyverns they have set loose

20171110_073604.jpg

The legacy server I play on has not got to the point of being this bad yet but.. I know it is going to get there soon.. very sad indeed! :-(

21 hours ago, edskelly said:

This is why i want the save file.12 days to 100% and just got the no support for legacy cut/paste reply.It died upon server restart. It fell through the map at 29/45 on the island.Had i already been given the save i could of got it out.(Bottom right of screenshot).

20171020184043_1-3.jpg

I have to say.. I am so sorry for your loss :-(   I lost my giga about a month before they did the wipes.. for me, I was one of the fortunate ones.. they came about a week before they declared no server support and gave me back a giga to replace the one I had lost.. did it have the same melee of 200+  .. NO.. but as she levels up, I put it all to melee to at least get close to 2 bite chomp and bronto is gone, lol..   Again.. so soo sorry :-(   We need saves immediately!!    I currently log in and go straight to my giga's and feed them over all other dino's just to do everything I can to keep them.. my fear is they will be lost before a save and that would be terrible!

Atm my server as a pve server is populated by a so called pvp tribe as a training server.... that claims a huge amount of land by closing it of and hoarding al dinos that are free to take. So wil not tale long bedore server cap is reached. So thats the state of my old legacy server where i still wait for the save files that where apperently acording to a post where going to be released last week or this week do not know what time continuum  WC is in so still waiting.

On 11/9/2017 at 5:16 PM, 002 said:

Besides:  The timing with which Wildcard re-purposes Legacy Servers prior to Abberation launch will largely dictate whether I will continue playing legacy multiplayer or just experience it on singleplayer.

Say they repurpose the legacy servers ONE DAY before Abberation launches; that is simply not enough time to transfer stuff to Abberation, let alone HAVE anything to transfer left, IF they block transfers for 3 weeks like they said.

BUT, if they do preserve my legacy server, after launching Abberation, I will continue playing multiplayer.

What I don't want to do is play Abberation on the non-legacy launch servers because:

1. It's gonna be 70/70 for entire 2 weeks when I come home from work.

2. Super Tribes are gonna pillar the whole damn place 100 times over.

3. It's gonna lag like hell.

4. Having to re-tame all the abberant dino equivalents, with transfers blocked for a few weeks (meaning having to re-do all the damn kibble again) will lead to an ungodly amount of griefing.

Sorry Bub, but I want non of that. I believe it will at least be PLAYABLE on legacy Abberation.

39 minutes ago, Halcyon said:

Besides:  The timing with which Wildcard re-purposes Legacy Servers prior to Abberation launch will largely dictate whether I will continue playing legacy multiplayer or just experience it on singleplayer.

Say they repurpose the legacy servers ONE DAY before Abberation launches; that is simply not enough time to transfer stuff to Abberation, let alone HAVE anything to transfer left, IF they block transfers for 3 weeks like they said.

BUT, if they do preserve my legacy server, after launching Abberation, I will continue playing multiplayer.

What I don't want to do is play Abberation on the non-legacy launch servers because:

1. It's gonna be 70/70 for entire 2 weeks when I come home from work.

2. Super Tribes are gonna pillar the whole damn place 100 times over.

3. It's gonna lag like hell.

4. Having to re-tame all the abberant dino equivalents, with transfers blocked for a few weeks (meaning having to re-do all the damn kibble again) will lead to an ungodly amount of griefing.

Sorry Bub, but I want non of that. I believe it will at least be PLAYABLE on legacy Abberation.

Yea man, new server r raptoring sucks, no point at all. If newbies cant find a place to build on legacy then they have less chance to find a place on new server either, super tribe like u said would have over 30 people in a tribe, newbies just cant raptoring complain and get legacy server deleted for all of us. 

On 11/10/2017 at 2:16 AM, 002 said:

Good luck trying to use commands on my Threadripper server. Not only that, you get customer support there, that doesn't take a few weeks to respond and do something. What you said about unofficial is so outrageous and funny, it amazes me that such levels of ignorance exist. Unofficial does not mean cheating. It really comes down to, what type of game do you want to play. Some of us server owners want to provide what Wildcard failed to provide us players. But you go on ahead and pull an SJW move and say that "you can get everything just by typing in lines of commands." Like as if a person wants to play on a game where they have everything with no challenge. Those types of sandbox games don't work.

Maybe within the week?

From the Community Crunch:

As I am sure many of you are aware our rentable servers update cleared certification and went out on Monday. Since then many have asked when their official save data will be available, as it can be hosted via Nitrado on your rented server. We will be working on this over the weekend, and will provide a link here on this post as well as on Twitter once the process is finished. This will include all of the legacy PVE servers on all platforms. (We cannot provide PVP servers, as it would give unfair advantage to people playing on those servers by allowing people to snoop through others bases with the save files.)

38 minutes ago, Halcyon said:

As a friendly reminder:  Remove your Pins.

People can extrapolate PINS from the server saves.

As soon as the save is out im dropping everything in my vaults and locking all my dinos inside a metal base.Im not leaving nothing for the scavengers.

What do you make of their post on this?....Do you think the save will be done this weekend or was done earlier?

47 minutes ago, edskelly said:

As soon as the save is out im dropping everything in my vaults and locking all my dinos inside a metal base.Im not leaving nothing for the scavengers.

What do you make of their post on this?....Do you think the save will be done this weekend or was done earlier?

Really hard to say. I think they probably will save this or next weekend and then release saves in three or four weeks. But just my best guess. 

On 11/9/2017 at 10:16 AM, 002 said:

This guy has no idea what he is talking about, don't ruin it for the rest of us, thanks.

19 hours ago, edskelly said:

Once I verify my save files are good, im deleting legacy and letting the dinos go to who ever wants them.  Just show up and collect them when the base goes up, i had a lot of stuff stored. :)

1 hour ago, Mavrick said:

Once I verify my save files are good, im deleting legacy and letting the dinos go to who ever wants them.  Just show up and collect them when the base goes up, i had a lot of stuff stored. :)

If there was going to be anyone decent left i would too.

But i thing only the griefers will be staying

53 minutes ago, edskelly said:

If there was going to be anyone decent left i would too.

But i thing only the griefers will be staying

To be honest i dont think anyone will be staying. I logged in yesterday to feed and reset everything. Myself and my tribemate were on at day three of the server and we will be gone. The only person from day one is gone. All their stuff is gone. Only one person online at the time. We used to have 30+ people online during 2x breeding. We had 6 during the 8x weekend. The legacy servers are dead. Within two months half of them will be made into new servers. And rightfully so. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:05 AM, Avaraxius said:

Atm my server as a pve server is populated by a so called pvp tribe as a training server.... that claims a huge amount of land by closing it of and hoarding al dinos that are free to take. So wil not tale long bedore server cap is reached. So thats the state of my old legacy server where i still wait for the save files that where apperently acording to a post where going to be released last week or this week do not know what time continuum  WC is in so still waiting.

Recently, I have heard that certain new tribes have been coming onto the server and have been taking all of the dino's that are coming up for claim (thought they were supposed to despawn and become unclaimable if you recall that didn't happen) and are hording them and building large bases.. maybe what is happening to you is happening on the server I play on also.. WOW!!

12 hours ago, aorticarch said:

To be honest i dont think anyone will be staying. I logged in yesterday to feed and reset everything. Myself and my tribemate were on at day three of the server and we will be gone. The only person from day one is gone. All their stuff is gone. Only one person online at the time. We used to have 30+ people online during 2x breeding. We had 6 during the 8x weekend. The legacy servers are dead. Within two months half of them will be made into new servers. And rightfully so. 

In my opinion, for what it may or may not be worth..... I think once the saves come out....our servers will be wiped and used for aberration... 

If not.. I will probably walk away, regretfully.. and let my dino's go... I too played on the server for nearing 2 years:-/

Archived